• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RS Your game & PC tweaks

:cool:

Ok. I found two entries for MaxSmoothed frame rate. I changed them to 146
as earlier suggested. Fraps reported average frame rate as 82 at that point with settings to the wall. Very nice. But now you suggest using a setting of zero.
Ok. But how come?

I'm using a g-sync monitor at 144hz now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
:)

Ok. I changed the settings to zero. Things improved a little further. the frame rates now vary rather dynamically from 80 to 100 fps, averaging about ~90.

This is all taking place with in game settings maxed. I can't imagine this game looking any better. What a difference g-sync makes. Next, I'm going to experiment with how these changes have affected input control. Stay tuned...

Upvote 0
:cool:

Shortly after my last post I jumped into Bridges of Druzhina and managed to grab an MG34. Now my character has maxed out that weapon in terms of proficiency, so I don't want to read any more into this than is justified, but the control is markedly better and smoother. No perceptible lag or stutter. What I did was to attempt to look at kill ratio vs the number of character respawns.
After 6 respawns I had managed 106 kills on a map containing both public players and bots. I don't reach even 90 kills that often during the course of play. I don't want to read too much into this because there are too many variables. But I think it's fair to say that either my aim has improved or those things that screw it up have diminished. :)

Upvote 0