• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite RO moment so far

I guess I'll share my favorite moment.

Yesterday I was playing Ogledow as Russian AT. I was coming into the town cap zone and picked up the Faust that spawns in the ammo shed. My teammates called out that there was a tank coming in from behind the village so I pull out the Faust and sprint towards it. Suddenly, a German brandishing an MP40 peeks around the corner and opens fire. At a distance of roughly 15 meters I know I have no chance to either get to cover or pull out my pistol. I point the Faust in his general direction and hipshoot. Amazingly, it was a direct hit and we spent the next two minutes laughing in chat.

Hopefully this inspired two things.

1. PanzerFaust hipshoot highlights video
2. PanzerFaust kills vs infantry achievemnt.

Upvote 0
I guess I'll share my favorite moment.

Yesterday I was playing Ogledow as Russian AT. I was coming into the town cap zone and picked up the Faust that spawns in the ammo shed. My teammates called out that there was a tank coming in from behind the village so I pull out the Faust and sprint towards it. Suddenly, a German brandishing an MP40 peeks around the corner and opens fire. At a distance of roughly 15 meters I know I have no chance to either get to cover or pull out my pistol. I point the Faust in his general direction and hipshoot. Amazingly, it was a direct hit and we spent the next two minutes laughing in chat.

Hopefully this inspired two things.

1. PanzerFaust hipshoot highlights video
2. PanzerFaust kills vs infantry achievemnt.

For some reason this happens almost daily with me shooting people with panzerfausts, but I have never made a hipshot with it yet :D

Upvote 0
In Odessa, as a russian svt. We're attacking HQ, me and some others take the hidden way on the right with the statue. The whole HQ is a deadzone so I figured my best bet is to run to run up the stairs and make a stand there because mostly there's one person there and everyone else is facing their backs to me then. So I run to the stairs, up the stairs, manage to kill a german with a G43 and pick up his gun so that the others won't hear a russian weapon firing from behind them. Then I go to the hallway in the building next to some boxes, which isn't used very often by germans, so I can shoot anyone who camps at the building.
After a minute or so a german actually used the hallway and I shoot a few shots at him but miss and he prones behind the boxes but I just walk to him and finish him. Realizing it's too dangerous there I go outside and see 5 germans comming from spawn, I manage to kill 1 who was running up the stairs and manage to shoot 3 others were going to the direction of the tower. One german runs in the hallway so I reload my weapon and wait for him. But then I see another wave of germans and 4 of them go in the hallway. Then the german walks out of the hallway and I shoot at him a few times and manage to kill him and start shooting at the other germans that were now going outside too but I ran out of bullets and they I get killed. So I managed to kill 7 germans

Upvote 0
Yesterday I had a match with my clan, but I was really late and joined ending the map. (Stalingradkessel: Soviet side). We were encircled in the respawn by several respawn campers from Warehouse door. I joined the game, hid behind a wooden box with a Mosin, killed one, hid, reload, shoot the other and get into capture...
Maybe some of you see it normal, but for me was heroic...

Upvote 0
Usually public games stopped being epic years ago.. although afew days ago i had an epic epic moment on ogledow.
I was in my T34, kicking *** as I usually do.. I destroyed 9 tanks and was damaged bad. As I was reloading my next shell a Panther came down from one of the hills and I already expected my death.
Suddendly, a T34 appeared out of nowhere and drove 'into' the Panther, flipping it over.. it dragged it away from my unto another T34 waiting there to finish the kill.
I cheered at my saviours and killed 6 more tanks before being overwhelmed completely.

Upvote 0
On Ogledow, I was an assault trooper sitting in the top barn with a panzerfaust. I see 2 infantry and go over to the little whole and wait for them to pass through the archway. But they didnt so I went back to the barn door and a 3/4 full HT was driving right at me. switched to my panzerfaust just in time and pretty much pointblanked it. Its dead carcass kept moving forward a bit and I literally had to swing around and dive outta the way....at that moment the 2 fascist bastards were coming in the door behind me I pull my ppsh and mow them down Rambo style. I decide to get the hell outta the barn and run across the other side of the road to clear the germans I see on the cap bar. I literally ran into a firing squad of about 2 riflemen and 3 assault troopers, I run towards them totally hipspraying nail 2 randomly in the face as the others turn and light me up in a blaze of glory. God I friggin love RO think Im gonna go play now.

Upvote 0
Today in Stalingrad Kessel as a russian svt, my team was quite bad so I decided to clear out the german sniper/mg building (the building at the last objective). Having tried several routes and failed mostly or some being just a matter of luck I decided to take a different route. I get on the roof of the assembly hall (where the russian mg and sniper are mostly laying down) walk to the hole in the wall where the germans get in the hall and jump off there. Ofcourse some germans saw me and started shooting me with an mp40. So I ran to the left (my point of view) to the rooms with no roof and killed a german there. Then I walked to the right and hid behind a door, in a room next to the german spawn. Some germans walked right passed me. So I run to the building between waves and on my way up the stairs I get shot in my foot and I lay down, fortunately I'm at the end of the stairs and there's a german infront of me so I kill him and crawl further a bit so I can stand up and run away from the approaching german(s). A bit further I hide in a small turn to the right, kill a german, throw a nade and kill 2 more germans. Then I run across the hallway to get to the other side and I get shot again! Fortunately I kill him with one shot. So then I go to the main sniper/mg room and kill 2 more germans. I go up the stairs and kill 3 more germans. Then I camp there behind some boxes and kill 2 more walking up the stairs untill I'm finally teamkilled by a nade.

Upvote 0
From all my memories these stick out well:

-Odessa, me and another semi-auto rifleman are laying in the shell hole on the street to the HQ and are firing down the road at the Russians. Somehow 2 Russians with PPsHs are getting close (a.k.a-we couldnt hit them)and we decide to get some more distance by moving back. We stand just as the two of em charge up infront of the hole and riddle us. I had just gotten on after watching a video on youtube and it seemed like a near perfect replay of the scene. For those intrested its 2:14-2:17

YouTube - Stalingrad [1993] Tank Scene (English Subtitles)

-The map with the 3 farmhouses, I managed to find a faust so I could get rid of a russian HT that was zipping around the area between spawn and central farmhouse. When it came back around I was sprinting in the other direction and I hip shot the faust at nearly point blank range and missed, but the driver bailed and ran for it, leaving the undamage HT behind.

Upvote 0
In danzig as a russian with a stolen G43. I was running to the enemy sniper building at the market via the left (going through the garden of the command center then in the house with the hole with a tank in it and then up the rubble to get inside via the hole). I had to shoot a german so I lost a couple of bullets, since I didn't expect more than 2 or 3 germans in the building I didn't reload. So when I got inside I realized half the team was there! At least 10 germans and they were all look trough the windows so they didn't see me. I realized I didn't have enough bullets in my G43 but I had to act fast before they realized I was there. So I started shooting. Killed around 6 germans with it before the others gunned me down. Never saw so many germans in that building.

In Gorlitz. I was a german defending the a bridgehead. Because of the constant attack by tanks firing on us from a distant I jumped in a crater. Unable to see any russians I just watched the others and maybe see how to survive longer. Unfortuantely they were all dying pretty quick. There was a house not far and germans kept going inside and tanks kept shooting at it. So everyone was dying. Untill one german went to the building but was stopped by some mg fire. So he went prone behind the stairs to go inside and realized the building wasn't safe. So after a while seeing the same things I've seen and realizing there is no safe route. He gets up and walks to me. But a shell explodes behind him on the stairs and he drops dead. I was dissapointed he died. Then later the russians started attacking and I was in the middle of the firefight. I looked up and I got shot in the chest.

Upvote 0
my favorite moment in RO was on Arad Real Forests when i took out 14 tanks including 4 panthers and 4 tigers before running out of ammo, then drove back to spawn to resupply my tank only to drive back to the south field and take out another 9 tanks before some pussy KT fanboy ignored the PTAI-WTF server rules and called in arty.......he was promptly votekicked for his actions :p that fool cost me getting the "turkey shoot" achievement :mad:

BTW, if you are wondering how i accomplished this feat, i was using the GREATEST TANK OF WWII :IS2:

Upvote 0