• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favourite kills or funny moments

Epic moments- what're yours?

Epic moments- what're yours?

Was on a game in WestLondon where I was with teammates who didn't like to hole up in an area, would blame the medic (me and another guy) for dying (followed by saying the medic sucks after the scrake they tried to grenade goes after me next), and Rambo. Then this guy named Rox comes in and makes excellent use of the mic to coordinate our team- at wave 9 no less.

And then he tells me I might want to switch classes because we already have a medic. I initially said I would head to commando, but he said we needed a sharpshooter because wave 10 was next and we would face multiple fleshpounds and several scrakes. Now, even though I grinded for days to obtain my level 6 sharpshooter, I never felt confident about trying it out online since I didn't have much experience shooting specimens moving perpendicular to me. Rox ended up convincing me in the end, so I hung up my bullpup and spawned in with a crossbow.

I ended up helping take out three scrakes and one fleshpound while Rox stunlocked a scrake and a support and a demo handled the other fleshpound. Unfortunately, Mr. Random Lag Spike hit me just as I was surrounded with trash with only my crossbow out. So now I'm out of bolts with a scrake left and everyone focusing on a duo of sirens screaming their heads off. I somehow manage to take down the scrake with dual HCs (thank goodness for learning mental crosshairs through sharpshooter level grinding!) as the lag ends.

And then we proceed to have a chainsaw-box-in-fest with the patriarch.

I gotta say, I have never seen a game going to hell (On normal. Yeah, I suck.) so quickly turn around- and all because of one guy (one guy who made me confident about going sharpshooter again no less). Rox, if you're here on the forums, here's a shout-out to you for a job bloody-well done.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Imo its always funny when a bloat jumps from a tall building just to blow up right when he hits the ground.

Altho I once heard some guy saw the Patty jumping from the top of the building in Offices just to break his legs and die. Im not sure if thats possible but apparently specimens do take minor fall damage and the patty must have had very low health. Can anyone confirm wether specimens take falling damage or not? In the case of bloats its usually been fire which caused them to blow up conveniently when hitting the ground but about Patty I wouldnt be so sure.

Upvote 0
I had a funny kill (To me) today in a Hard map; Cthon, or something.
We were all in this two way area and it was the Patriarch battle, he'd wasted his last heal, and I was using the LAW. 2 of our members died and I still had a good 7 left; Through great communication, one of the dead people told us where the Pat was coming from. I spammed 4 grenades, and as they exploded the rest of the team turned around and unleashed bullet hell. As he began to fire his Machine Gun, I LAW'd him, the SS Crossbowed his head; And then I fired a LAW rocket, but just as I did, the sharpshooter crossbowed his head again, killing him; Just as he began to fall over and the camera zoomed in on him slow-mo, you could see my rocket steadily flying towards him, before it hit him in the face.

Upvote 0
It was the 7th or 8th wave on Offices and while we had held the roof just fine, we had ignored the warnings that the trader had moved and that there was less than 30 mobs left. Now it's time for us to be conducting our business and she's all the way on the ground floor. Not good... So we whipped our knives out and began the marathon trek down the stairwells. On the way down, I paused for a bit to collect 2 ammo boxes so that I could save some dosh. I didn't even need it honestly, I was just being greedy, wanting to brag about how little money that wave had cost me.
The trader warning starts blaring in my ears and I realize I still have a floor or two to go before I'll reach the bottom and she's wanting to close up shop. Oh noes! I frantically begin chasing that red line, knowing that it'll lead me the quickest way to her...right out the window...where I formed a nice crater for everyone to see as they were moving back towards the front stairs.
Stupid red line....

Upvote 0
1. A few weeks ago, the Patriarch spawning literally 2 steps away from me on bedlam in a straight corridor, and watching myself get insta-blown to bits with the rocket :D
2. Yesterday, a friend (also the server admin), quickly welded everyone in the basement so he could gain kills as support at the round beginning (it was wave 5 or 6 I think on a long game). On wave 6, he got himself killed when he rushed in front and got surrounded ofc. On wave 7, we quickly got to the trader in the church and welded ourselves in, leaving him out. At the beginning of round 7, he got mowed down by a FP and kicked us all.
After that no one gets the idea to weld someone behind :D

Upvote 0
I was on KF-DeathBasin on the patty round and I saw a fellow Foundry Worker hiding behind a rock. He put his head up, I shot a clot, went into ZED time and I saw a patty rocket slowly fly closer and closer to him and hit him square in the face/mask.

He was then completely blasted backwards as if he was doing a star-jump except for the fact that all his legs and arms were left behind.

Upvote 0
EvilSantasLair, suicidal.
The admin was pretty busy kicking noobs who tryed to join our server.
We made it up to wave 10 and only 23 specimen were left, mostly crawlers.

Then, the calamity.
Our admin accidently kicked one of the clan members !
Then he paused the game and when he unpaused again I got killed because my chat window was still open and I couldn't fire.
The last 2 survivors got overwhelmed by crawlers quickly. What a shame.

Upvote 0
Messing around with the test map in the room where specimens can be spawned but not move. Funny thing is killing a FP and they fall to their knees sometimes and make pelvic thrust motions for like 30 seconds. It must be a pervert lol

This. But ingame. The Fp and the zerker were down to their last hp each. Zerker turns around to run for his life. Fleshpound swings. Team fires a volley. They both fall with the fps arm looking like its pulling the zerker down for some surprise loving. His hips still going.

Reactions: rckrgrl
Upvote 0
This. But ingame. The Fp and the zerker were down to their last hp each. Zerker turns around to run for his life. Fleshpound swings. Team fires a volley. They both fall with the fps arm looking like its pulling the zerker down for some surprise loving. His hips still going.

Shhhh! They have a forbidden love! No one can ever know...

Upvote 0
On the doom level I had the patriarch step on a pipe bomb and get launched into the hole in the ceiling. That was a epically funny to the spectators.

Was playing Icebreaker with some friends to help them get the achievement on normal. We're camping top deck up the 2 staircases, I'm demo with m32/m79/pipes. I'm on right side of stairs on square area going back and forth to each side shooting down to lower decks. Put a pipe at top of steps on right side for teammates holding the staircases. FP runs up and gets to top of steps, pipe blows, and FP flies clear out to where the ocean would be off side of ship. Farthest flying specimen I've ever seen BY FAR from a pipe bomb.

Upvote 0
It wasn't exactly a kill but ......

Anyway, back in my green days, me and some friends along with a random joined a West London Normal game.

We were okay up until Wave 9. I was only a Level 2 Field Medic armed with only the Medigun. Anyway, two Fleshpounds and a Scrake appeared and all of us got gangbanged after killing off a Fleshie and Scrake. The only survivors were me, and my friend, the Level 1 Commando with an AK-47.

Anyway, we headed for the church, knives out, with that last Fleshpound(one of the last specimens apart from the few Clots left). We ran through the alleys, everywhere, with the rest of the team cheering us on.

Then we got stuck in the alley(the one where a weapon usually spawns) and my friend shouted over the mic,"OH GOD! OH NO HERE HE COMES! THE PSYCHO'S RAGED! OH GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Cursing, we headed for the exit of the alley and to our horror, my friend was grabbed by a Clot and I was stuck right behind him ..... that Fleshpound was getting awfully close and my friend was too busy knifing the Clot and .......

It disappeared. Yeah. Just like that. As expected, we laughed like hell and proceeded to wipe out the last few specimens and made it through the map.

Reactions: rckrgrl
Upvote 0