• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your favorite line so far

Any time I play the Russians, the beginning spawn charge of ZA RODINU! ZA STALINA! OOOOORAH! etc. just gives me chills and gets me pumped up. The Germans have some good speeches too, but the Russians do it best.

Also, as mentioned in this thread, some of the deaths are really hauntingly well done. I was behind some sandbags with a fellow German and he was sniped in the throat, his character dropped to the ground, holding his throat and gurgling. I actually stopped 'playing' and leaned back in amazement and horror, the deaths in this game really care some emotion.

I've *****ed a lot about the voice comms before trying the game, but now I really take it all back. It's rare that a voice comm actually gives my position away, and they're all really well done and there are just a ton of them. Amazing work, Tripwire.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually in the settings you can change the amount of talking your guy does by checking either "Regular(?)", "Emergency", and "Minimal". Ever since having it on minimal, I rarely hear anything. It's mostly "Watch out for Ivan" and the regular call of snipers, grenades, death speeches, and bloodcurling screams of death. Very nice, though I did say "Agh, I'm so tired." and I went -_-

EDIT: The best thing I've heard so far was charging an enemy with my Kar 98k and he just yells for so long and loud, it must be terrifying. Even more satisfying when I smack him across the face when he has his little pistol out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i think my favorite was the Russian line "oh the fascist must be sh***ing there pants right now" and since i play the Germans mostly, was actually quite accurate. in fact the game does a good job of making you loath the other faction (as well as fear for them).

I don't need help to loathe Nazi Germany and their invasion of Russia ;)

Upvote 0