• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

XP x2

I thought this whole thing was just a quick cheap way to boost the player numbers for a short period of time like sales and free weekends.

I'm a bit surprised they didn't associate the double XP with a free weekend.

I'd be shocked if most regulars from last Spring don't have all their perks leveled at this time - so I also am not really seeing the benefit of the double XP. :confused:

Either way the update is very nice. :)

Upvote 0
Many of the regulars do not have full perks ranked up. The crazy's yes :) (And we do love you guys too - but yes this event has less value to you! We are looking at what sorts of events we can run moving forward and this is our first test of such an event.)

If the default exp gain makes leveling up for regulars so painful why not keep the double value of exp as the new default exp amount?

Upvote 0
Daily drops is good, is helping me work my way towards a flamethrower tank! Slowly but surely, I will get my hands on one!

Double XP is a good thing too, I am trying to make the most of it as my GS and medic are lv22!

Double XP events are always a good thing where a game with a leveling system is concerned. Question is, how does one make XP relevant after 25? Prestige? Not my thing personally as I like keeping the skills and such, but maybe it could still do something after hitting 25? I mean, half the XP goes to finished perks if you fight using both.

Upvote 0
Question is, how does one make XP relevant after 25?

Personally I would like to see a golden perk icon rewarded to players who've gained enough XP to effectively reach Lv 25 twice. Like, hypothetically say you get lv 25 after gaining 250,000 XP. Then once you reach 500,000, you'll get the gold perk icon.

That way it's nothing that has a tangible effect on gameplay, but rather a little tip of the hat to the player.

Upvote 0
If the experience gain was set to where leveling wasn't as painful or time consuming then there wouldn't be any need for "special" experience events because regulars would reach level 25 perks.

It is not painful if you enjoy the gameplay. Perhaps you should play something else so that playing can return to being fun... and not a painful grind. Maybe try the PVP?

I really don't get this mentality of having to grind to the max ASAP.

Upvote 0
I really don't get this mentality of having to grind to the max ASAP.

Even TWI is okay with this mentality, PerkTraining maps are still a thing. Everytime I search for HoE servers, half of the results are those ****ty maps... But everyone seems fine with it, TWI doesn't have the guts to shut them down because they don't want to upset/lose players that wouldn't want to play for legit XP. And those stupid players are always in suic/HoE games, doing nothing but crap because they're clueless about real mechanics. Frigging ridiculous

Upvote 0