• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

WWAUT - Preparing for a feast (and trying not to be on the plate)

Can we see some of the KF1 port maps officially supported? I love KF1 maps so much, they're nostalgic to play but I hate having to find stable custom servers that arent full to play with friends on them, that also happen to have them.

I've played KF1 farm and west London, both loads of fun to play, both pretty much 1:1 ports.

Upvote 0
As much as I love new bosses, I hope you won't forget about some newer zeds as well in future updates! Because instead of turning them into bosses, I'd rather have alternative versions of smaller zeds and brand new bosses.

But I'm not disappointed though, the Abomination looks... well, abominable, but in the best kind of way! As a few others pointed out : he looks like a mix between a Khornate Berserker and a daemon of Nurgle from warhammer! I just hope he won't be virtually unkillable with all this armor...

As for the "dosh zones" (if I dare call them like that) , well... I'm skeptical. It would add some cool challenge that's for sure, but it seems like a weird choice when most of the community isn't happy about the Sharpshooter skills that requires you to stay immobile. KF2 is faster paced, so this might be detrimental...

Upvote 0
matrimelee;n2309003 said:
Also, what is up with the low map releases anyway? One map every four months is pathetic, especially when it's just a small holdout map. You should really consider putting more man power into your flagship, instead of hoping that someone in the community feels like creating an actual map, that feels like that it could be an official one (looks unique, allows different playstyles, and has some love put into it).

New and good map releases by the community these days actually do get me way more excited than reading your WWAUT's. And I am absolutely honest here.
You don't have any internal data to say one map every four months is "pathetic". A "small holdout map" is a new system too, and require probably more time. The second holdout map has different designs, which were probably time eaters too.

I'm pretty sure Tripwire is working at least on one custom map (mentionned in the old Trello). But making them officials is not a formality. There is testing, fixing, patching, etc. Plus, we can consider that using custom maps (even if they are awesome) are not a priority for Tripwire, compared to their own stuffs.

Upvote 0
Kuro;n2308997 said:
Nice, as if bloat wasn't annoying enough already. What now? Elite siren behind every elite bloat?

How about fixing bugs and making the game load faster? Or adding new weapons that aren't some ridiculous thing?

Waiting for Linux client and listen servers.

How about you stop crying because of small things. Devs have been doing great bringing us lots of new content in the past few months and a few weeks from now we will have another content pack.

You want the game to load faster ? Get yourself a better storage solution. The devs stated long ago that an update changed the way people load the game. If you have a minimum of 8GB of ram the game loads everything it needs when starting up the game. (For instance it won't stutter due to loading when purchasing a weapon at the trader then)

if your pc cannot handle that, get an SSD. If you don't have 8GB of ram and your game still loads slowly, it's time to
upgrade my friend. Just don't blame them for everything because they obviously are doing a great job at both fixing bugs and creating content.

Upvote 0
Cool idea, but I don't want there to keep being different types of Zed bosses. Everyone next will be asking for a scrake or siren boss etc. What happened to the Matriarch TWI? Regards to the map I really hope it's not a holdout style map which it most likely will be now. The holdout maps are good for a one off but they get so repetitive and after replaying it like 5 times it gets so boring. I really really hope this Christmas map is something like ESL or IC.

Upvote 0
pixel;n2309054 said:
You might want to do some basic research on that statement.

is it becuase TW cannot due to legal reasons or "i have not played on a good custom map, therefore they don't exist"? 🤔

also, this new gamemode, is it like the objectives from Mass Effect 3's multiplayer? if so i can imagine how it would work. just wondering if this is a map specific feature or all the official maps will have the function added in retroactively?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Let's hope "Stand Your Ground" will also be on the other maps, not just Holdout ones. Seeing different parts of the maps we've played over and over (and mostly camped in 1-2 spots) might be a neat twist.

As for the boss, nice design and idea, though I'd like to have something completely new aswell *cough* Matriarch *cough*.

Looking forward to more details on the weapons + map. And the actual event we're gonna get (hopefully soon).

Upvote 0
KBATN_Bobber;n2309068 said:
Stand your ground is a good idea,also I would like more maps like the descent maps. fight on a map,then drop to another map to fight in fun. You're doing a good job in keeping us updated on new things to come in KF 2.

Yeah I love the idea of Stand Your Ground, I always hate it when people just hold in the same spot the whole game. It would be cool if Stand Your Ground worked on every map, not entirely sure if it does or not, does anyone know?

Upvote 0