• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ww2 games today

erm yea..

probly because most modern shooters are fast paced, and have plenty of gadgets and flashing bits and nipple tassels and shiney HUDs.

where as ww2 games are generaly slower paced with less gadgets.

so they appeal to other types of players, the flashy shiney bunch bring in more money and thus we see more of them.

Upvote 0
erm yea..

probly because most modern shooters are fast paced, and have plenty of gadgets and flashing bits and nipple tassels and shiney HUDs.

where as ww2 games are generaly slower paced with less gadgets.

so they appeal to other types of players, the flashy shiney bunch bring in more money and thus we see more of them.

Ok, I can buy this argument. But the solution is not to add bells and whistles to WW2 games. Because that's all RO2 is, bells and whistles, with COD maps.

And look what's happening....

SDK, Mod tools, cannot come soon enough for use roost vets. I have 250 hrs on RO2, and I can honestly say I am pretty much done with this game until some fresh maps come out, and every joe blow doesn't have an automatic weapon blasting you at 3 feet.

Upvote 0
You must have a bad connection. I see many playing. whatever

You checked every single WWII title? Impressive.

I understand where he is coming from, number of players on wwii titles today is orders of magnitude less than modern ones. But i think this has more to do with modern games being new, where as few new wwii games are made. Thus modern is the 'in' thing and thus more people play them.

The reverse was true a few years back when CoD, MoH, Comapny of Heroes, Battlefield 42 and a few other wwii games were in their heyday. Everyone was into it. But then CoD:MW made modern cool, and here we are.

Upvote 0
I love this game. Highly recommended.

Achtung Panzer Kharkov 1943 gameplay - YouTube

About Graviteam

Graviteam is a game development studio based in Kharkov Ukraine.
Founded in 2004 the studio specializes in developing strategic wargames with a strong sense of realism.
Graviteam is an independent gaming developer.
Company Graviteam is the developer of military games and training complexes for Military of Ukraine.

Basic direction of activity - the Developer :
  • computer games for PC;
  • training complex for Military of Ukraine

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The same thing happened to rhythm games. A few years back devs were squirting out WWII games like nobody's business, and then the market got saturated, people got bored, and everyone moved on to the next best thing, Modern Warfare shooters. Now the market is saturating with them and they'll disappear in favor the next latest and greatest thing here in a bit.

Reactions: GeneralGinger
Upvote 0
I agree that WW2 recently hasn't been as popular are modern war games, but that really doesn't impact my decision about what to buy. I like authentic, immersive gaming experiences, and play a wide variety of titles. The one thing they all have in common is excellence. Doesn't matter if it is Crysis, ArmA, iRacing, DCS A-10, Falcon (lol), etc. if the game is good the players will follow.

Upvote 0
erm yea..
nipple tassels and shiney HUDs.
\This

But the solution is not to add bells and whistles to WW2 games.

And look what's happening....

SDK, Mod tools, cannot come soon enough for use roost vets. I can honestly say I am pretty much done with this game until some fresh maps come out
This

Squeak,Squeak,Squeak, Squeak,Squeak,Squeak,Squeak,Squeak,:D

Upvote 0
The push towards modern games is mostly related to recent events stemming from USA's involvement in Iraq and not some paradigm shift of more mindless fast paced shoot em ups.

There have always been shoot em ups. But now modern conflicts are in. New Technology, new geography, new cultures.

A lot of kids in 1949 played Gi Joe vs Nazi Commies in their back yards. You know why? It was new, and all their older brothers and fathers fought. Only natural for people to want to contribute to such national events, even if that means pretending.

Reactions: Cpt-Praxius
Upvote 0
Short Sighted

Short Sighted

Developers are short sighted in thinking that it has to be one or the other.

For instance i would like to see a game that covers several periods of time, offers mission editor to let the normal player create scenarios to play online as well as a terrain editor to create maps without having to be a level designer. To pick military units and equipment from various time periods to play authentic scenarios.

They also under estimate the entertainment aspect of immersion into history.

A game that would let you be in Bastogne one night, and at Inchon another night, and so forth.

Upvote 0