• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
SasQuatch said:
Do you realise the IS2 has a 122 mm long barrel cannon on it's shoulders? You're damn right it can kill about anything if the other tank is not angeling right, from large distances as well. you do realise it has the longest reload time in the tank line up as well right?

The traverse times have not been changed as far as i know. So, that's seems to be in your perception, which is not overjoyious.

We designed the tanks to be close to what they perform like in 'reality'. That means we hardly tinker with individual balance of the weapons.
Can Panther kill IS2 with one shot frontally? If not then you are modelling with double standards (Soviet tanks overmodelled, German tanks underperfoming).

Some IS2 armor data:
Hull front (upper): 120mm@30

Upvote 0
aop said:
Panther should be able to penetrate IS2 lower hull front at over 500m distance and in some turret front areas to distances up to over 1500m.
Assuming a perfectly perpendicular shot on the 30 degree slope... Any deviation will affect that.

I would prefer to say the Panther MAY penetrate the IS2 frontal armor. Also remember a round turret is even harder to hit squarely.

Upvote 0
Yes it should be able to now the internal damage is working. Depends on the angle, but a panther shouldnt have a problem facing the IS2 head on at 500 meter.

I'm sorry i didnt design a tiger ownage map for you guys set in 1943, where you can hop in your fav 'mythical' tank and own the entire russian team on your own :)

You will have to wait for a map like that somewhat.

Upvote 0
I guess the only thing you can do is find reference material of a German tank that was operational during that time period and model it and get it in game.

The IS2 was a beast of a tank and in trying to make the tanks realistic to the era TW has set it up to be the beast that it was, why fault them?

When I jumped in the IS2 before the patch I got a lot of one shot kills with it, so what is the difference now?

If you don't like something they have released the sdk so that the modding community can make what ever their heart desires. So go for it, but let me warn you modeling programs aren't cheap and its a lot harder than you think to get them modeled, skinned and working properly in game.

Lex

Upvote 0
I know some of you would like to be upset just on principle :p ...... but seriously, do what we have done.

Get in those tanks, get out on the maps, try it out. Ask two questions:

1. Is this a fair representation of what we know of the performance of these vehicles in WW2?
2. Does it make for a fair and balanced fight on the map?

If you feel the answer is "no" to either of those questions, come back and tell us why. But we have shot just about every damn tank at every damn angle, and we've done our best to make some big, big improvements to it.

Upvote 0
I was in a JS-2 today on arad, and I see a Panzer IV at around 500 metres. Before I can aim at him one of his shots kills me in one shot (my front was facing him, of course). OK so maybe he hit my ammo box...kind of dumb it penetrated in the first place but whatever. So I get in the JS-2 again and see the Panzer IV again at 500 metres again. I foolishly misjudged the range and it fell short of him. He fires two shots before I can reload and they both penetrated. Also recall shooting a T-34 on the side of it's turret with a Tiger and it bounced off.

Amrour system isn't fixed. Sorry.

Upvote 0
Yet another German fanboi cryfest...... :p booooo-bloody-whoooo.

What else is new? ;)

*yawn*

Damn right IS-2 should kill anything with one shot just about anywhere, unless the shell bounces - why do you think Russians put monstrous long barrel 122mm cannon on this thing? I don't know what is changed armor penetration wise, but having to shoot stuff twice to "wound" with Is-2 was beyond ridicolous.

Tanks are for n00bs anyway - Real Men play with bolties and what Panzerfausts they manage to steal on the battlefield :D

Upvote 0
Oleg said:
Yet another German fanboi cryfest...... :p booooo-bloody-whoooo.

What else is new? ;)

*yawn*

Damn right IS-2 should kill anything with one shot just about anywhere, unless the shell bounces - why do you think Russians put monstrous long barrel 122mm cannon on this thing? I don't know what is changed armor penetration wise, but having to shoot stuff twice to "wound" with Is-2 was beyond ridicolous.

Tanks are for n00bs anyway - Real Men play with bolties and what Panzerfausts they manage to steal on the battlefield :D

Word

Upvote 0
Crim said:
Please stop acting like we're all whining about OMG TIGER NOT UBERMACHINE?!!!!1 ZOUNDS

Seems to me you are :D

Anyhow....

Firstly, Tigers should be made so rare, so *precious*, and SO HARD to get on all maps, say, harder than someone with 256MB RAM can get a sniper, and then you German fanbois would have any right to complain about, well, anything.

With ridicolous overabundance of German ueber weapons, and nigh on regular overcrowding of German teams on the servers - it really takes some nerve to complain about anything from German perspective :eek:

Upvote 0
I managed to 1 shot Tigers with a 34/85 5 times now. It's really easy, just aim directly on the mg (front, body). But the tigers got me several times in the is-2, it's just not a good idea to fight a tiger in close range combat :D
Imo it's pretty realistic and balanced now, we won and then the germans won. I've killed a lot of tanks and got killed a lot, so i don't really see a problem.

I also like the new textures and the "smoking tanks", looks pretty cool and realistic.

Great job devs and thanks for this sim and your hard work!

Upvote 0
OH MY GOD GUYS I LIED:

Panzerfausts DO kill with one shot to the ammobox.

I LOVE YOU, TRIPWIRE!

Edit for Oleg: I don't think we're playing the same game. German uber weapons in RO? What? And no, I couldn't care less about the tiger not being good. I just think a penetrating shot should kill a tank in one hit, and that penetrating shots from 100m away should be rather easy to come by.

Edit 2x: I also like the apparent sentiment for players with a Soviet bias to think all German players love the tiger.

Edit 3x, once more for Oleg: "Russians put monstrous long barrel 122mm cannon on this thing" because it was best at destroying fortifications and buildings due to its astounding high explosive payload. As previously stated, it was worse at armor penetration than the 100mm cannon they tested.

I edit things a lot.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Crim said:
OH MY GOD GUYS I LIED:

Panzerfausts DO kill with one shot to the ammobox.

I LOVE YOU, TRIPWIRE!

So you admit you jumped to conclusions, and rather than taking the time to test things out fairly you jumped on the boards and started yelling at the devs?

Take the time to play the game for a while (its only been out a few hours) before coming back with your new list what you think is broken/unfair.

Upvote 0