• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Would Free For All (FFA) or Death-Match (DM) be good in RO2?

Would Free For All (FFA) or Death-Match (DM) be good in RO2?

• Yes

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 84 77.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty arrogant first post...but maybe you just live by your nick and the beer is doing the talking...:p

And welcome to the forum. ;)

There sure was also those "illiterate peasants", but implying that the Red Army consisted only from illiterate peasants is hardly the truth. If you want to generalise it somewhow (which is not too wise), the Red Army consisted mostly from literate peasants. And no, I

Upvote 0
<soapbox>

Sadly, these forums are rapidly becoming no better that the BF and/or CoD forums with their adolescent rants, post/poster bashing and fanboyism. Though opinionated, these forums used to be an excellent example of how a forums could have an intelligent debate/conversation among a diverse demographic.

It used to be enjoyable to come here and read the opposijng views and ponder the diverse points made. As always, it would seem that a few 'bad apples spoil the whole bunch.' And because of that, rather than responding cordially and to the topic at hand, it often seems as if we're largely relegated to using BIG type and trash talking to belittle a poster or his comments. Its sad to see how far these forums have degenerated. :( I know I've made my share of 'improper' posts, lately. One can only hope that with the influx of new 'talent' that things won't get worse.

One of my favorite movie quotes is by Morgan Freeman. "Decency is what your Grandmother taught you. Go home and be decent people."

</soapbox>

Well written Floyd. Maybe it

Upvote 0
Sorry for the double post.

Well from what I heard the Red Army basically threw troops into combat with no training, and every other man only got a clip.

This is simply just not true, you have been misinformed. I suggest, that you try reading instead of listening to people who obviously know very little about the subject.

Ofcourse it is true that the training with some troops was very minimal indeed and from time to time (especially in summer 1941 and in summer 1942) they were lacking weaponry on battalion, regimental and division scale. But drawing a conclusion that the ranks of the Red Army were illiterate peasants with one guy having a rifle and the other having a clip is just, well, rubbish. Like they say, read more and you know less is true indeed. But not reading at all, well, that

Upvote 0
Sorry for the double post.

This is simply just not true, you have been misinformed. I suggest, that you try reading instead of listening to people who obviously know very little about the subject.

Ofcourse it is true that the training with some troops was very minimal indeed and from time to time (especially in summer 1941 and in summer 1942) they were lacking weaponry on battalion, regimental and division scale. But drawing a conclusion that the ranks of the Red Army were illiterate peasants with one guy having a rifle and the other having a clip is just, well, rubbish. Like they say, read more and you know less is true indeed. But not reading at all, well, that

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.