• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

World Cup 2006

World Cup 2006

• Total voters
Bolt said:
Yup, sure not this time. :D
But i disagree with you. Italy vs Australia game - now that was boring, but Ukraine vs Swiss?? Common, they all tried very hard, they attacked a lot, there were some moments, when i was shouting out loud. One cannot say that all the teams have done was standing in the middle of the field and trying not to loose the ball.
:rolleyes:

Well im afraid we were watching different matches then mate because what i saw was two poor sides , who did not deserve victory.

Upvote 0
Bolt said:
Yup, sure not this time. :D
But i disagree with you. Italy vs Australia game - now that was boring, but Ukraine vs Swiss?? Common, they all tried very hard, they attacked a lot, there were some moments, when i was shouting out loud. One cannot say that all the teams have done was standing in the middle of the field and trying not to loose the ball.
Switzerland was trying, they just couldn't get that last pass into the box to connect for a goal. Ukraine played a great defense, and you can't say Shevchenko wasn't giving Zuberbuehler a run for his money.

Upvote 0
Hi,

The dinosaurs are back! :D
Was really surprised by the french team today, well played! Allthough i was rooting for Spain, its a really great comeback for Zizou :).
I really hope they'll kick Brasil outta the match next round.... to be honest, the more i see the "Selecao" the more i cant stand them...

which leads me to the previous match today :D

C'mon this was just... lame. Three offside goals, two near offside, one clear offside with a blind referee... the other 87 mins football boring like hell.
The fat guy (Ronaldo) standing most of the time in the enemy half like waiting for the bus, Carlos shooting the ball over 60 meters in hope to get it inside the enemy goal... pure arrogance :mad:.
I felt really bad for Ghana, they sold themselves too cheap. At least they've been the only acting team on the field...well, maybe in four years they know where the goal is located... .

Best thing in that match? Well, german fans singing:

"Oooohne Holland, faaahrn wir nach Berlin!"

:D

greetz,
gitano

Upvote 0
I'm hoping France kicks Brazil's ass. An Henry and Zidane is far better than a Sir Offside Goal and Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man. Hopefully Henry will learn where the offsides line is for the game, though.

My guess for the semis is
Germany-Italy
England-France

I'm hoping for a 1966 rematch, with another England "They think its over" victory. I'm a wishful thinker.

Upvote 0
world cup soccer really need (NOW) video help for sheltering.
shame on the world cup's shelters ...
too many fault saren't sanction at all, or correctely :mad: : so there is a very bad suspicius atmosphere on this worl cup ....

a lot of sport have already incorcorate video for sheltering, don't tell me FIFA haven't enaught money for this......

France will win of course ! :D .... if they can win vs brazil on next saterday .....

gogogo zidane !

Upvote 0
/linuX/gitano said:
Hi,
I really hope they'll kick Brasil outta the match next round.... to be honest, the more i see the "Selecao" the more i cant stand them...

which leads me to the previous match today :D

C'mon this was just... lame. Three offside goals, two near offside, one clear offside with a blind referee... the other 87 mins football boring like hell.
The fat guy (Ronaldo) standing most of the time in the enemy half like waiting for the bus, Carlos shooting the ball over 60 meters in hope to get it inside the enemy goal... pure arrogance :mad:.
I felt really bad for Ghana, they sold themselves too cheap. At least they've been the only acting team on the field...well, maybe in four years they know where the goal is located... .

Best thing in that match? Well, german fans singing:

"Oooohne Holland, faaahrn wir nach Berlin!"

:D

greetz,
gitano
Gitano, 3 offsides? Certainly 1 offside, but we could have won with a much greater difference. You want so bad to believe it that you can't admit a simple fact: Gana sucks. They would never win Brazil with that team.

Brazil played bad. And probably its gonna be this way all cup. thats the way our coach, Parreira, wants :-( Just remember how it was on USA Cup, when we won with a team playing as bad as this one That's why I don't doubt we can win the Cup, something that really doesnt make me thrill, as for me - and most brazilians - its not enuf: we want our team to win playing beautifully. Something easier to achieve if we simply changed half the team ;-) With some of the players on the bench I guess we can beat any team in this Cup.

Yes, we an loose against France or any other team we may meet ahead, specially Argentina which we may meet ahead ;-)

[]

fradim

Last edited:
Upvote 0