• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Workshop Update

Yeah I was having an easy saturdayevening happy that all my stuff
was on SWS and I got informed that the extra file which comes with
Coldsteel is different in size. So I checked and it is different.
Now I uploaded this file this morning. As you can see its 36584.

filesize.jpg

So I subscribed on the map in SWS and the file which got in my published
folder was 36634. Now that seems to cause a mismatch problem.
I'm 200% convinced I uploaded the proper file to SWS so something else must
went wrong but I dont know why. I put both the TE and CD versions on hidden now.

Now this perfectly fits in the "Lake of fire" this map is to me right now.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Cant seem to find Coldsteel in the workshop Drecks. Found Rakowice.

EDIT roger roger, I didnt see the above post until I posted.

For you as a serveradmin the files where up in the maps thread since 28 december :cool:

I hide the map on Steamworkshop now and if I find time and motivation I will do a test to see if the problem is on my end. I prefer to seek the problem first at my end before I start blaming others. I did a quick check and I do not have an ENV_Coldsteel_factory.upk with a size of 36634 on my system.........

Does anywone know if a program like SWS can add info to a file so change it anyway ?

Upvote 0
Problem seems to be solved.

I did the same procedure as yesterday.

But today I found a ENV_Coldsteel_factory.upk (dated 25/12/2012 )with a size of 36634 in my

Documents\My Games\RedOrchestra2\ROGame\Unpublished\CookedPC\Packages

folder

which have the exact size of the package what comes down from Steamworkshop. But this isn't the location the SDK upload the package to SWS.
So its a complete mistery to me why it uses that file. As SDK point to the file in this folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\CookedPC\Packages

Now on earlier occasions I noticed that it acted weird when one had similar files in the My Games folder so I had to rename them.

Hope some smart TWi dude can shine a light. :confused::confused:

Upvote 0
Be nice if we could change the folder from which files are uploaded, and Steam selects the CORRECT placement for subscribers.

My problem is that I initially copied the "Published" folder to the Steam\Steamapps\Common\Red Orchestra 2 folder for my uploads.

Steam then creates a "Published" folder for ppl that subscribe to those files, to place the download.

Now, to update the files, I have to put my files in the "Published" folder, or I get an "unkown error".

Yes, I was wrong to make a Published folder in the 1st place, but since the Workshop won't upload from my working directory it seemed the right thing to do at the time. And the idea behind "collections" for multiple file maps (props + roe) doesn't help. IMO, no one will ever find them. Problem is zips aren't automajically extracted (which is prolly a good thing). And the 200MB upload cap has forced me to delete custom content and use stupid zip files.

sry if I'm just a little frustrated with the Workshop.

/rant

Upvote 0
Still can't update my workshop files unless I get them under 150mb.

TE-Yakovlevo.roe is now 171,920 kb (and NO props file), and Steam still gives me the 200mb limit upload error.

Sry, but this is messed up. No one can download my map, zip files don't install automatically, about to throw it away and go look for another Unreal game to map/mod.

Any help here? Or is the forum just a place to vent?

Upvote 0
Been successful updating SWS from the root RO2 directory (C:\steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2).

Consistantly get the over 200mb error if I try to upload from C:\Steam\steamapps\common\red orchestra 2\ROGame\CookedPC\Maps. Same file, just moved to a sub folder.

Can only guess SWS is not placing the files properly when subscribed, since they are not being uploaded from the proper directory. Making SWS useless.

From what info can be gathered, the extension for the map file forces ppl wthat have subscribed to download the map if connected to a server. (roe vs. upk). Again, making SWS files redundant.

IMHO, SWS needs to properly place files into the subscriber's directory. Mis-matching of file extensions also need to be sorted out for servers who lose players in the mix.

Hope this information/observations are useful.

Upvote 0
Thanks Yoshiro, was able to update both the TE and CD versions from the proper folder :)

And the awesome part, when I subscribed to my map it downloaded to the right place wOOt!

However, only one update/upload per SDK session. If I tried to update more than one would get the lovable "unkown error". A cap of 200mb seems to still exist as I couldn't upload the uncooked 520mb file.

Still, progress is progress, and I appreciate the effort. SWS is getting better. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Workshop does not support files over 200 megs (it didn't even support over 100 megs until we asked Valve if we could increase that limit).

We just pushed live a patch with several fixes for the Workshop (as Twrecks noticed). Undocumented are two additional features that were modder requests.

• Added a hook for the end of a round (tell us if this works please Ducky)
  • Custom gametypes should now load automagicly without being forced from the load line.

Upvote 0