• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design working with vertices

FireBall1

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 27, 2006
While I have made many maps for CODUO and COD 2 i am just starting out in SDK.

My question is how do you move individual vertices around. I need to be able to move them in all directions not just up or down. What are the exact keys that I must press to it.

And yes I have looked at many tutorials and searched the threads.

Thanks for the reponse but what I wanting to do is with terrain.

I am using the Iwo jima tunnels inside a long hill with one long tunnel running the length of the hill and with several tunnels branching off to the surface along both sides . my problem is I can not get the openings I made in the terrain surface to align up with the tunnel openings. If I could move the vertices around and get them close I could use static meshes to cover up any gaps.

TIA

Upvote 0
The terrain uses a heightmap behind the scenes to control the elevation of each vertex. When you edit the terrain, you're actually just making part of the heightmap brighter or darker, and not actually moving the vertices directly.

In short, it's not possible to move the vertices in any other direction that vertically.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the reponse but what I wanting to do is with terrain.

I am using the Iwo jima tunnels inside a long hill with one long tunnel running the length of the hill and with several tunnels branching off to the surface along both sides . my problem is I can not get the openings I made in the terrain surface to align up with the tunnel openings. If I could move the vertices around and get them close I could use static meshes to cover up any gaps.

TIA

Terrain is one of the big difference compared to Radiant. Use meshes to cover up the gaps.

Upvote 0