• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Word of Mouth/Gamer Advertising

Zoring

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Perth, Western Australia
Hey, was jsut thinking, and i know it's been discussed before but have you guys been advertising RO to the more realism gamers in their forums and so on? A community initative to get RO talked about in say the IL2 forums or any Rainbow 6 communities or say Combat Mission might sell a few more copies.

I'd like RO to be a commercial sucess because i want to be able to play on an Australian server! So if the community can pull a few gamers in that'd be fun.

I've brought up RO a few times to the Combat Mission community. It's somewhat of a mixed bag over there. It's hard for them, as i guess any gamer/community, to buy a game(UT2k3/4) that they would normally never buy, just to try out a mod. But there definitely are some over there that dig it. When the game is released or the pre-load starts I'll probably start a conversation about it if nobody else does.

Upvote 0
Sleby said:
I'm sure you'll get some aussie servers. I mean I know there is already going to be at least 3 NZ servers :D

Don't count your chickens yet Sleby. :)

MeatEtr said:
It's hard for them, as i guess any gamer/community, to buy a game(UT2k3/4) that they would normally never buy, just to try out a mod.

It isn't a mod anymore. Its not that complicated to understand is it?

Upvote 0
Hyperion2010 said:
I've been doing stuff over at flamehaus.com/bbs, about the same sorta page views as daschewy is getting. I've also been spreading the word among my friends IRL, who are generally averse to realism games, but they say that if I buy it for them they will play it so :D.
Hey I have a friend of mine in class who posts there. He was like hey there's a thread on there about RO hehe. then he quoted me saying something retarded as insider information o_O

Upvote 0