• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

women soldiers

using women in frontline duties is more of a psychological technique. just read the reports of the men who fought against women, even for veteran soldiers who have killed dozens of men, finding out they just killed a kid or a woman is extremely shocking. men have been conditioned not to ever hurt women or kids, no matter what happens. my girlfriend takes great pleasure in hittting me, and for me it's just impossible to hit back lol.

thats why if you get women or kids in a game like this, you will get alot of protest.

Upvote 0
If you give a choice, it will open up to a whole new generation of trans-genders. No thanks. It'll also be the first war game were you are supposed to kill women. Expect to hear some of those anti-sexism groups knocking. Also, I'm not too comfortable shooting/blowing up women, even if it is virtual.

Also, if you read some of the other pages the one guy with the IS-2 in his sig posted, the sniper women were given submachine guns in urban fighting. If that's not front lines I'd be damned.

While I can apprechiate certain people find the idea of shoot virtual women in a computer game more horrific than shooting virtual men (even if personally i think thats incredibly stupid, I accept it as truth) However; I have to address this issue in bold.

The only possible sexist action about this entire issue is NOT including female troops. They fought, they killed and they died. By not recognising that fact you are denying and belittling their efforts. That is sexism. Including female soldiers and treating them as the equals they should be, is not.

I fully endorse this idea - even if I think it is unlikely to see the light of day in this particular game perhaps if Tripwire revisit ww2 somewhere down the line they would consider details such as this for the next generation of gaming.

Seriously folk - even questioning the inclusion of women in a historically accurate game is bordering on the severly backward.

Edit: And how many of us have happily blown AI and player alike to gibs in either Quake 3 or UT? They both have female combatants so really this whole issue is null and void.

Upvote 0
While I can apprechiate certain people find the idea of shoot virtual women in a computer game more horrific than shooting virtual men (even if personally i think thats incredibly stupid, I accept it as truth) However; I have to address this issue in bold.

Agreed. This position is more than a little hypocritical - shooting a virtual male soldier is okay, shooting a virtual female soldier is taboo? That's awfully shaky moral ground. Violence is violence, whether the victim has two X chromosomes or an X and a Y.

Child soldiers are a different matter.

The only possible sexist action about this entire issue is NOT including female troops. They fought, they killed and they died. By not recognising that fact you are denying and belittling their efforts. That is sexism. Including female soldiers and treating them as the equals they should be, is not.

I fully endorse this idea - even if I think it is unlikely to see the light of day in this particular game perhaps if Tripwire revisit ww2 somewhere down the line they would consider details such as this for the next generation of gaming.

Seriously folk - even questioning the inclusion of women in a historically accurate game is bordering on the severly backward.

Once again, agreed. How is it sexist to include women in an FPS (particularly an FPS concerning a war in which women fought)? I can't imagine any extra protests - except, perhaps, from anti-game nuts like Jack Thompson. And hey, that's just free publicity. ;)

Perhaps there are higher priorities, but I certainly would like to see female soldiers in-game - or just new soldier skins in general. A bit of variety just immerses the gamer all the more.

Upvote 0
Now we have 2 uniform models/skins per side, which is completely unreal - in RO there are missing proper winter uiniforms for both GE and SU, late war uniforms, Gebrisjager, Russian longcoats, W-SS, NKVD, Russian navy, Luftwaffe field divisions, Airborne, volksturm, partisans... and someone is suggesting somethig that rare as women in RA were?!?

Some wery rare (and random) appearence of woman* snipers and maybe other woman soldiers would be nice after implementing all common uniforms.

*and not manga-like sexbombs, but ugly and musculine ones.

Upvote 0
Some wery rare (and random) appearence of woman* snipers and maybe other woman soldiers would be nice after implementing all common uniforms.

*and not manga-like sexbombs, but ugly and musculine ones.

Agreed, if the devs want to, put a decent looking one for variety :) . But for most part i guess the "masculine" ones wont be so bad, it'll will probably be less of a problem on them but still a shock experiencing it when they are implemented :eek:

Upvote 0
hmmm, killing women in a computer game is something thats very common.

Did ya guys forget the original UnrealTournament (without RO would never exist)?
There you also had many female characters. Also in Quake3. So what? :rolleyes:

...and not manga-like sexbombs, but ugly and musculine ones.

They dont have to be ugly, I find the right one rather attractive...
sovietparatroopersnl0.jpg

Upvote 0
I am still have a neutral opinion on this topic.

I did find on Wikipedia that about 800 000 women served on the Ost Front, but we shouldn't really be putting too much trust in that source.

If it is implemented it will have to be uncommon for someone to end up as a female soldier (and only randomly), and besides how are you going to know if you are using a male or female anyways, all you see is the hands (although I guess they won't have such "masculine" looking hands). I personally wouldn't care if I ended up with a male or female.

And as far as K Freddie's comment goes, I am sure this was an issue to some degree or another; besides the unfortunate fact that one can only feel sorry for the crude things that would have happened to them as POWs.

Upvote 0
I personally wasn't offended by the joke, I just stated that in the real situation it most likely occurred.

As far as things happening in game, I seem to remember seeing an RO video on Google Video about an in-game love relationship. I will see if I can find it. Edit: here it is, i guess it was a little joke they had going about a soap-opera.

Now if we had female skins, it would be very disturbing for people to "role-play" as I have witnessed in other games...

Upvote 0