• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design [WIP] KF-LilaPanic

Added Download link:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xd9aq0yfhdx88uc/KF-LilaPanic-v1.kfm?dl=0

Update screenshot:

1fd4a2c20370accf4b312d4a3a860532.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
so far i found one issue with pathing.
the tower stairs on the side with the vehicles zeds will attempt(and fail) to reach second floor via jumping off of vehicles. you'll see the paths if you check on the pathsP in the flags menu for the viewport. or just pressing P

i would do a manual overide to disconnect the jumping paths.

by proscribing(prevents Ai from making proscribed paths a direct destination from that specific pathnode). found via.
Properties->NavigationPoint->Editor Proscribed Paths

only from the vehicles to the platform. not from platform to vehicles. see how that works.

EDIT 5-21-15 9:16pmMST:
But as far as Aesthetics go i would honestly add some details to the walls of the tunnels like pipes or Pillars kind of like the walls of outpost. it'll still be like the original but more appealing.

another note of pathing... you have way to many. especially in halls.. only need 1 in center every 256uu or so. they are only used to navigate obstacles once they are within a certain range of player they no longer follow pathnodes until they have another obstacle. having too many actually makes pathfinding a lot slower makes the Ai dumb.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
so far i found one issue with pathing.
the tower stairs on the side with the vehicles zeds will attempt(and fail) to reach second floor via jumping off of vehicles. you'll see the paths if you check on the pathsP in the flags menu for the viewport. or just pressing P

i would do a manual overide to disconnect the jumping paths.

by proscribing(prevents Ai from making proscribed paths a direct destination from that specific pathnode). found via.
Properties->NavigationPoint->Editor Proscribed Paths

only from the vehicles to the platform. not from platform to vehicles. see how that works.

EDIT 5-21-15 9:16pmMST:
But as far as Aesthetics go i would honestly add some details to the walls of the tunnels like pipes or Pillars kind of like the walls of outpost. it'll still be like the original but more appealing.

another note of pathing... you have way to many. especially in halls.. only need 1 in center every 256uu or so. they are only used to navigate obstacles once they are within a certain range of player they no longer follow pathnodes until they have another obstacle. having too many actually makes pathfinding a lot slower makes the Ai dumb.

Thx for that info im going to make changes.

EDIT:

I did that, but still connecting each other:

Spoiler!

Last edited:
Upvote 0