• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will there be diferent Zed models/skins within the same zed class?

Fedorov

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 8, 2005
Will there be visual variation with zeds? Right now, all zeds within the same class look the same. I don't mean something complex that affect the animations and the hitboxes, but it would be cool if there were several different skins and models that make the zeds look more varied even if the basic functionality is the same.

Well, surely we will have three clot variants - cyst, normal and slasher - which supposedly will be the same size (and perhaps similar stats) but with different looks and behavior... dunno if we also need purely cosmetic changes among these subtypes.

Surely, it would add some immersion factor, but at what cost of system memory? Also, fast identification of a targets is very important, so cosmetic changes should never hinder that in any way.

Upvote 0
Well, surely we will have three clot variants - cyst, normal and slasher - which supposedly will be the same size (and perhaps similar stats) but with different looks and behavior... dunno if we also need purely cosmetic changes among these subtypes.

They are not the same, I mean diferent looks for the same class, not three different similar classes.

Surely, it would add some immersion factor, but at what cost of system memory?

How much more system memory do you think a few skins would take?

Also, fast identification of a targets is very important, so cosmetic changes should never hinder that in any way.

I didn't have a problem identifying Zeds when they made the xmas and hillbilly versions which are much more extreme changes than what I am asking for.

Do you find it hard to identify marines in Half Life just because some have gas masks and some don't?

Even if it did make it harder to identify enemy types (which it doesn't) then you would have to make it into a skill, adding more depth to the game which is always good, so I don't see how thats a complain.

Upvote 0
They are not the same, I mean diferent looks for the same class, not three different similar classes.

How much more system memory do you think a few skins would take?

I didn't have a problem identifying Zeds when they made the xmas and hillbilly versions which are much more extreme changes than what I am asking for.

Do you find it hard to identify marines in Half Life just because some have gas masks and some don't?

Even if it did make it harder to identify enemy types (which it doesn't) then you would have to make it into a skill, adding more depth to the game which is always good, so I don't see how thats a complain.

He means that, for example, there aren't 4 different Elf skins for the same Christmas Clot. Reskinning enemies is almost never an issue - reskinning THE SAME enemy with MULTIPLE skins, especially with significant differences, runs the potential of making enemy identification a chore. This is not a good feature.

I wouldn't mind minor alterations to Clots and stuff, so long as they all look GENERALLY identical - i.e., pale, nude, small, and somewhat slow. Mixing up their sticker placement, giving some of them bloodstains, missing eyes, whatever is fine - so long as they maintain their distinctive look.

Upvote 0
As I said, I'm not asking for massive changes, just variations in the skins so they don't look exactly the same, because even if they are clones, you can still have different looks, for example some Clots may be clean, some dirty, some with burn marks, some with cuts, some with blood on their mouth, some with exposed ribs... you know, this kind of stuff.

Upvote 0