• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will the staff from tripwire play with us ?

I think that one of the main reasons that RO:O has become the day it is today is just that the devs have created the game they want for themselves.

With many games today, you get the feeling that some stinking publisher has been pushing design choices at the developers. With RO:O, i feel like I am playing a game made for realism gamers, by realism gamers. Makes a huge difference

Upvote 0
Saqcwtach is a scary beaded russian jumping down from above with his
AXE (bayo) on stalingrad, his beard deflects all mp40 bullets in my poor attempt at fleeing and hip shooting.

I will have that image for the rest of my life.

Devs are scary monsters but they better play I feel its part of the coin I paid out :)

On the west coast server they should have a 24hr devs vrs vetrens match
count me in! (unlimited player numbers as long as ur a dev or been around too long).

Upvote 0
So, are you Devs any good? I imagine that if I spent my life designing games I'd be pretty skilled at playing the ones I partaken in developing.

I hope to see some of the Devs in-game (once I get access to the game tomorrow) and I fully expect for them to put a clean hole in my head if they're on the opposition.

I look forward to playing the game with ALL of your forum members.. !! Roll on 7pm (GMT) March 14th.

Upvote 0
Scoobz said:
So, are you Devs any good? I imagine that if I spent my life designing games I'd be pretty skilled at playing the ones I partaken in developing.

I hope to see some of the Devs in-game (once I get access to the game tomorrow) and I fully expect for them to put a clean hole in my head if they're on the opposition.

I look forward to playing the game with ALL of your forum members.. !! Roll on 7pm (GMT) March 14th.
You don't get good spending 16 hours a day in the editor instead of the game ;) And the game changed in so many ways, I too have to relearn my weapons skills. But, with the beta I got me some good practice, and if you need a good driver in your tiger, let me hop in and keep you safe for extended periods of time.
Like one poster said, we make a game that we ourselves enjoy playing the most, so yeah, we play it too even :)

Upvote 0
Nolite said:
Actually playing your own game as developers is something more of them should try to do *cough*BF2*cough* ;)

It should put them in perspective and maybe not ruining the game with faulty balancing etc.

I've played with a BF2 dev (who opposes all of the changes they are making to the game), in fact he even let me and a friend try out unlockable weapons before the full game was out, on the demo. You just have to know the right people. :cool:

Upvote 0
Can't wait, not only for the game as it looks great but for having my arse handed to me on a plate by a dev...and eveyone else. :rolleyes:

Tomorrow at 7pm (GMT) I'll be starting up this bad boy & seeing how many times I can die in quick succession.

Hopefully I'll get a 20 player realism server up as soon as my COD2 server host lets me know a price. :)

Upvote 0