• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why the bolting must remain manual!!!!!

gvdgvdgvd

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 12, 2010
BOLTING MUST BE MANUAL: BECAUSE:
when you fire you will reload later and see where the bullet goes - expecially for long range shots and sniper rifles if you reload immediately the scope shakes and you cant see if the bullet hit something or where it hit so ou can correct your aim!
Thats why bolting should remain MANUAL or at least give the option for the player to choose manual or auto bolting reload.
Thank you. :)

Wow, manual bolting is a huge part of the game, in that it provides a tension that is hard for games to reproduce.

Ever get into a really intense situation and forget to bolt after firing?

This sensation is now lost. RIP
So you're just going to ignore where everyone and their mothers are saying manual bolting is still in the game?

Ok then. Carry on. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Actually, if I understand it right (that an option for auto bolting will be available), then they are taking out an important (IMO) feature.

One facet of keeping one's head in intense situations will be automatically accounted for. This doesn't add to experience, it detracts.
But you forget that NOT working the bolt after you fire your weapon can provide an advantage to a skilled player.

So in other words, it's not like immediate bolting is always the best way to go. On the contrary, I find lots of situations where I wait to work the bolt after firing.

Upvote 0