• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why is Axe 5 slots and katana 3?

Stop talking crap.
I ****ing hate when people say this thing "IN TEH RIGHT HANDZ"... scrubs.
Yes please give me the lessons on "how to use the AXE as a zerker GUIDE" plz do some. You axe master!
Axe the best weapon in the game? What are you talking son?
It's only there to switch to stun scrake and kite a Fleshpound with it.
You'll do fine if you have ONLY katana as a zerker... everyone knows that katana is the best zerkers weapon... even birds know that.
One more fact, just to proove how good katana is, it's the fact that 95% people would never player zerker anymore if you remove katana from game... and now we saying "AXE IS TEH BEST WEAPON IN GAME TROLOL".
No bro, it isn't, it's balanced how it is... situational weapon, nothing more.

You may have gotten some blunt answers to this post, but i find "situational weapon" to be a rather accurate description of the axe. First time i read that term in the forum and it is actually a fitting technical term.

You are not all wrong. I myself do actually use the axe for certain situations only and would not use the axe all the time for melee. The katana is better for that job of constant melee!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
LOL

first off, when i said in the right hands, i think of people like candlejack, scary ghost, and other videos i've seen of extremely good players, i was not talking about myself whatsoever. i also like your so called "fact" that 95% of zerkers wouldn't play that perk anymore if they removed or nerfed the katana, are you sure you're not just talking about yourself? :rolleyes: you also are not playing any difficulty over hard if you only carry the katana, nice flinch-locks bro

secondly, when i do zerk, a lot of times i will solely use the axe or claymore as my melee weapon instead of the katana, makes it fun to actually have to dodge the enemies instead of slicing every head in sight and triggering zed time every other group. IMO the katana is ever so slightly OP, i'll probably get a lot of hate for saying that, but jesus that thing is amazing i carry it offperk quite often to deal with single or small group trash. in fact, id say i carry the katana offperk more than i do as zerker :p

and thirdly, the axe is a ****ing beast, im pretty sure offperk the altfire can take down any specimen under a husk with one alt fire, and kills with the decap unlike the katana offperk on any difficulty. you can run faster with it than any ranged weapon, and it is one of the cheaper weapons in the game, and never runs out of ammo, saving you money to contribute to other things. you're probably another zerker who doesn't play with his team, so i don't care about your opinions :)

I think you're just a noob.
You're talking about these people candlejack and scary ghost like they're gods... lol son :)
I love people like you that actually think that zerker is hard perk to play and actually takes skill hahah. I played like 30 hours total (including leveling) with zerker and i can solo HoE easily... im not saying that im an awesome zerker player, no bro, but zerker perk is just too strong and super easy to play.
Tell me one thing about zerker class that is hard to do?
Kiting Fleshpounds hard?? No, it's the easiest thing ever.. you can even kite two of them it's so damn easy...
The only zerkers weaknes are maybe husks and sirens if you're not careful.
Crawlers are not hard but somehow can be annoying.
I've seen like so many people in pubs that actually mastered zerker class. Simply cause there is not much to do as a zerker.
I saw so many times 1 zerker alone on wave 10 clutching 150 zombies easily... np hes a zerker, chill and relax... it just takes a while.
Saw so many times people solo pat with chainsaw, jump on his head and keep stomping untill he dies. Even noob zerker like me menaged to do it a few times...
You're saying that you're using Claymore and Axe and not using the Katana?
Well then you're doing it wrong... Claymore should never be used simply cause with Katana you can decap everything except Scrake, FP and pat. Katana is faster so why would you use Claymore... pointless.
About scrakes and fleshpounds, Axe alt can stun scrake and axe deals more dmg than Claymore (1hit, but it's slower, which makes it even better for kiting FP's)... so your math failed a bit there... claymore simply should never be used... only for fun i guess.
Nothing personal bro, but i just hate when people say that playing zerker is a ROCKET SCIENCE... but it's not, actually playing zerker is the easiest thing ever. I don't even touch zerker now, hes my least favourite perk just like a firebug.

Reactions: Amber Glass
Upvote 0
About scrakes and fleshpounds, Axe alt can stun scrake and axe deals more dmg than Claymore (1hit, but it's slower, which makes it even better for kiting FP's)... so your math failed a bit there... claymore simply should never be used... only for fun i guess.

Claymore (L6 zerker, 1.1x headshot bonus):
Primary fire: 420
Secondary fire: 640
Primary fire headshot: 462
Secondary fire headshot: 704

Axe (L6 zerker, 1.25x headshot bonus):
Primary fire: 350
Secondary fire: 550
Primary fire headshot: 437.5
Secondary fire headshot: 687.5

Claymore also hits faster than an axe. And has a longer range. Aside from the weight and cost, I fail to see how the axe is better ingame.

Look at your maths. Now back to mine. Now back at yours, now back to mine.

Sadly, it's not mine.

Upvote 0
Claymore (L6 zerker, 1.1x headshot bonus):
Primary fire: 420
Secondary fire: 640
Primary fire headshot: 462
Secondary fire headshot: 704

Axe (L6 zerker, 1.25x headshot bonus):
Primary fire: 350
Secondary fire: 550
Primary fire headshot: 437.5
Secondary fire headshot: 687.5

Claymore also hits faster than an axe. And has a longer range. Aside from the weight and cost, I fail to see how the axe is better ingame.

Look at your maths. Now back to mine. Now back at yours, now back to mine.

Sadly, it's not mine.

Claymore hits faster yes, which is completly useless in kiting Fleshpounds.
If you do more than like 650 dmg to fp in less than 2 seconds he is going to rage, so your faster swing rate is useless... melee weapons deals 50% less dmg on FP though.
Who cares if claymore deals a bit more dmg?
Afte all it's probably 1 extra attack more with axe...
Axe is 5 times cheaper than claymore tho... ok you're right maybe claymore is a slightly better but the difference is miserable.
At least on FP's and scrakes. I don't see any reason to attack trash with claymore or axe instead of:
W+ mouse1 with katana ---> GOD MODE ME PRO AHAH ZERKER MASTER WOOOHOOO!!!

Upvote 0
Claymore hits faster yes, which is completly useless in kiting Fleshpounds.
If you do more than like 650 dmg to fp in less than 2 seconds he is going to rage, so your faster swing rate is useless... melee weapons deals 50% less dmg on FP though.
Who cares if claymore deals a bit more dmg?
Afte all it's probably 1 extra attack more with axe...
Axe is 5 times cheaper than claymore tho... ok you're right maybe claymore is a slightly better but the difference is miserable.
At least on FP's and scrakes. I don't see any reason to attack trash with claymore or axe instead of:
W+ mouse1 with katana ---> GOD MODE ME PRO AHAH ZERKER MASTER WOOOHOOO!!!

and that makes me wonder if you even read my post at all, or can correctly comprehend english. That is not an insult, it just sounds from your wording like it may not be your first language.

Berserker class is overpowered IMO, i clearly stated the reason i use the axe or claymore soley is because it actually takes skill to take on large groups of trash because you have to weave and dodge, what the speed bonus should be used for, aside from charging into the fray; not running away from the mob for half an hour. The main reason i use the claymore, is to mix it up, and because its powerful and fun to use. primary fire decaps sirens and husks in 1 slice on all difficulties, and its long reach enables you to hit enemies before they can even touch you, it is hands down my favorite weapon to do the patty dance with, just feels awesome taking on pat with a big *** claymore, i feel sorry for you, it must be boring as hell using only the katana every single time you play zerker :D

also, i fail to see how 150(axe) is five times cheaper than the 374(claymore)

Upvote 0
and that makes me wonder if you even read my post at all, or can correctly comprehend english. That is not an insult, it just sounds from your wording like it may not be your first language.

Berserker class is overpowered IMO, i clearly stated the reason i use the axe or claymore soley is because it actually takes skill to take on large groups of trash because you have to weave and dodge, what the speed bonus should be used for, aside from charging into the fray; not running away from the mob for half an hour. The main reason i use the claymore, is to mix it up, and because its powerful and fun to use. primary fire decaps sirens and husks in 1 slice on all difficulties, and its long reach enables you to hit enemies before they can even touch you, it is hands down my favorite weapon to do the patty dance with, just feels awesome taking on pat with a big *** claymore, i feel sorry for you, it must be boring as hell using only the katana every single time you play zerker :D

also, i fail to see how 150(axe) is five times cheaper than the 374(claymore)

I mean for offperk... nah it's not boring for me, cause i don't play zerker at all... useless perk. :)

Upvote 0
Stop talking crap.
I ****ing hate when people say this thing "IN TEH RIGHT HANDZ"... scrubs.
Yes please give me the lessons on "how to use the AXE as a zerker GUIDE" plz do some. You axe master!
Axe the best weapon in the game? What are you talking son?
It's only there to switch to stun scrake and kite a Fleshpound with it.
You'll do fine if you have ONLY katana as a zerker... everyone knows that katana is the best zerkers weapon... even birds know that.
One more fact, just to proove how good katana is, it's the fact that 95% people would never player zerker anymore if you remove katana from game... and now we saying "AXE IS TEH BEST WEAPON IN GAME TROLOL".
No bro, it isn't, it's balanced how it is... situational weapon, nothing more.
It kills everything, has a good ROF, is dirt cheap, requires no ammo, boosts speed, and looks dead sexy.
You're a ****ing idiot.

Upvote 0
lol

lol

Stricken, you really REALLY dont know a s**t of the advantages of axe.
Best melee to zerk and offperk IMO.
And ofc you can win with zerk on HoE, you kite, and you call it superior try with 1 or 2 players and youll find it hard enough? And also, Ghost is an god sort, so why dont you go somewhere else flaming about zerk so OP?

Upvote 0
stricken, you really really dont know a s**t of the advantages of axe.
Best melee to zerk and offperk imo.
And ofc you can win with zerk on hoe, you kite, and you call it superior try with 1 or 2 players and youll find it hard enough? And also, ghost is an god sort, so why dont you go somewhere else flaming about zerk so op?

teach me master , teach me plzzz !!!! :) )))
ok bro zerk is a weak perk,,, i just changed my mind,,, you're right zerker is not op,,, zerker is hard to play !!!!
Yes axe is the best weapon in game... It kills pat 1 hit but you must attack him in the right knee to make it effective i heard !!!
Off perk axe ??? Hell yeah!!! Who cares if i cant use my xbow or m14 as a sharp ,,,, who cares i have an axe !!!!
CAN YOU PLZ ADD ME ON STEAM AND TRAIN ME DAILY ???

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The one thing I do dislike about the claymore is its swing animation compared to the axe. While the claymore can swing faster repeatedly, it has a long "windup" time that completely buggers my aim and timing.

Otherwise it's a damned beastly weapon. I used to run M32 + axe before the claymore came out. Now I'm all about claymore and M32.

With that said, if they ever fix the .44 weight, axe/M32/.44 might be worth looking into.

ok bro zerk is a weak perk,,, i just changed my mind,,, you're right zerker is not op,,, zerker is hard to play !!!!
Yes axe is the best weapon in game... It kills pat 1 hit but you must attack him in the right knee to make it effective i heard !!!
Off perk axe ??? Hell yeah!!! Who cares if i cant use my xbow or m14 as a sharp ,,,, who cares i have an axe !!!!
If you're trying to be cute, it's not working.

Upvote 0
The one thing I do dislike about the claymore is its swing animation compared to the axe. While the claymore can swing faster repeatedly, it has a long "windup" time that completely buggers my aim and timing.

Otherwise it's a damned beastly weapon. I used to run M32 + axe before the claymore came out. Now I'm all about claymore and M32.

With that said, if they ever fix the .44 weight, axe/M32/.44 might be worth looking into.

If you're trying to be cute, it's not working.
No im not.

Upvote 0

plzz so im cool n **** and all I OWN U
lol ur bad man i tell you,,, youre bad and guess what i just shreded ur ***!!!!
So ye theres no way u can live... cause i pwnd u n ur daed now ??
HAHAH YOU GOT ROLED NUB LOL AHAHA BIATCH PLZ!!!
(I'll refer you to my signature)

Upvote 0