• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

why carbines? (Merged)

Taken from: http://www.mosinnagant.net/USSR/Russian-M44-Carbine.asp
"THE NEED
Although the Soviet designed Mosin Nagant M91/30 rifle had served with distinction in The Great Patriotic War, the Soviet high command determined there was a need for a shorter and more handy bolt action service rifle for the Red Army. The savage street by street combat in cities such as Stalingrad clearly showed that a carbine length weapon would better satisfy the needs of the Red Army."

Upvote 0
I think the same argument can be made for the MP-41. Why bother?

Well because they really used them and having the different weapons that were common on the RO battlefield just ads to the coolness factor.

Personally, I take the carb over the rifle every time it is available. I am MUCH more accurate with it. That may be due to the fact I am used to it and just learned how to aim with it. But it certainly is much better firing from the hip, like when someone suddenly comes around a corner.

But in the top of TR on Kaucasus I can kill all the way to end of the mortar without any problem at all.

I do not know if it really bolts faster or reloads faster, but it seems to. I rarely ever have need of a bayonet, because I usually shoot them before they can get to me.

I am glad it is in the game simply because they really produced them and used them in some numbers. So it adds to the realism.

Upvote 0
[RO]Ramm-Jaeger said:
Carbines have faster free-aim movement speed, thus they are better in close combat situations if you need to fire from the hip. The closely matches thier real life advantage of being better for confined areas.

But Mr.President isnt that kinda pointless???

Because if you had the bigger one you could just stab them???

In the game the advantages arnt big enough, though I do see the advantages in reallife...why would you want to stab someone when you could pointblank them with a carbine which would be just like stabbing them but alot easier in confined spaces.

And also wouldnt you have a smg and nades in confined spaces?

I have yet to see a game that modled a carbines advantages well except for veitcong and even then it wasnt complete.

Upvote 0