• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why can't I pick what weapons I want?

If you have space for a weapon, you have space for another weapon that is not your current weapon that has ammo. This thread is about being able to carry multiple instances of a weapon.
IE support carrying almost 4 pups or almost 8 katanas

in b4

I PURCHASED THE GAME AND WANT TO BE ABLE TO WIELD ALL 8 OF MY KATANAS AT ONCE.

Protip: Purchasing the game does not give you power over the company that you purchased it from. In fact it is usually quite the opposite (not directly).

Upvote 0
You don't need that much ammo if you have teammates who do their job.
Also cry me a river, the support can carry almost all 3 shotguns. Normal one and hunting/aa12 is more than enough for any wave.
You even have like 5 more blocks left for whatever weighs less than 5 kgs apart from the fact that you can drop weapons to pick your dead teammates ones up and if you play sharpie with the mm12, you simply don't need any other weapon whatsoever.

Also 2 aa12's? Really?
Is the game not easy enough for you yet?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The weight capacity is plenty as it stands. If you find you don't have enough ammo then learn to bloody play properly, you only get ammo problems if you're too trigger happy and a crap shot.

I would actually like to be able to carry two of the same weapon but have them share ammo, as a means to avoid sticky situations caused by an inconvenient reload. But seriously, wanting to be able to carry two weapons like you do? It's retarded.

Upvote 0
Um thats not what we are discussing at all in any way. He wants to carry 2 to have more ammunition. if they have the same ammo reserve there is no point in having both other than not having to reload the first one. Did you even read the Original post? he talked about running out of ammo during like the whole thing.

Yeah, I did read it.

I should have worded my post better....I wouldn't support the ability to carry multiples of weapon unless they shared the ammo reserve.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Seems to me that it shouldn't be the capability of purchasing two of the same weapon, but rather purchasing extra ammunition for a weapon which takes up a single block.

Often times, most perks, dependant upon weapon choices, have extra bits of weight left over unused. These spaces are generally too small for other weapons, and since nothing can fit into them, they go more or less to waste. Why not be able to purchase and stack in a block of extra clips for a particular gun, or an extra pipebomb per block?

Upvote 0
That would be stupid.

If they were to add that in the game, they should just increase the maximum ammo instead of allow you to carry 2 of the same gun...

The point of carrying 2 of the same weapon is to be able to switch without having to reload. An empty clip means you have to reload it which takes time and that is more than enough time to die if you happen to be grabbed by a clot.

Upvote 0
1) Buy first AA12, throw on ground.
2) Buy second AA12, wield.
3) Empty first AA12.
4) Swap with AA12 on floor.

Anyone who has played Firebug seriously is already used to this dance...

That is an idea but on larger maps such as the farm you are NO where near the trader where you originally dropped the second gun, thus rendering it useless. Also on hard/suicidal money becomes an issue to buy expensive guns...ie AA12 is 1200

Upvote 0
If you have space for a weapon, you have space for another weapon that is not your current weapon that has ammo. This thread is about being able to carry multiple instances of a weapon.
IE support carrying almost 4 pups or almost 8 katanas

in b4

I PURCHASED THE GAME AND WANT TO BE ABLE TO WIELD ALL 8 OF MY KATANAS AT ONCE.

Protip: Purchasing the game does not give you power over the company that you purchased it from. In fact it is usually quite the opposite (not directly).

At no time did I EVER say have more than one weapon wielded at once. Protip: Please read.

And having more than one melee weapon is f**kin stupid, because it doesn't have a reload time or ever run out of ammo. If you knew anything about this game...being able to keep killing and avoid inconvenient reloads by switching to another weapon is key to survival. I would just prefer that weapon to be the one that I use the most.

Upvote 0
At no time did I EVER say have more than one weapon wielded at once. Protip: Please read.

And having more than one melee weapon is f**kin stupid, because it doesn't have a reload time or ever run out of ammo. If you knew anything about this game...being able to keep killing and avoid inconvenient reloads by switching to another weapon is key to survival. I would just prefer that weapon to be the one that I use the most.

If you knew anything about this game, you'd know that if you have competent teammates you never run out of ammo. If you happen to die while reloading, well...cry more? It's your responsibility to know when you need to reload and time it accordingly. I have honestly never heard anyone present this complaint about any game ever. Sounds like the problem's with you rather than the game.

Upvote 0
The point of carrying 2 of the same weapon is to be able to switch without having to reload. An empty clip means you have to reload it which takes time and that is more than enough time to die if you happen to be grabbed by a clot.

Ever heard of game balance? :rolleyes:

They don't allow you to switch weapons while reloading, for a reason.

Upvote 0
They don't allow you to switch weapons while reloading, for a reason.

A reason I do not quite understand but whatever. (Also you can cancel the reload of weapons that reload per shot like the LAR)
What he was talking about was switching weapons BEFORE reloading to get rid of the 50 crawlers on your legs with a fully loaded gun.

I can kinda understand what he wants but then again with the aa12 you basically have what the normal shotty is -only better and without a flashlight- so why would you want 2 shottys if you can carry the normal one and that beast to switch between?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Originally Posted by ScarFace
For example, as a level 6 support I love the regular pump shotty, but it only holds 60 or so shells and on 6 player games that simply isn't enough for 250+ zombies.

Of course you can't kill 250 ZEDS with just 60 shells, that's why you are a support! To carry more weapons!

On suicidal, i use shotgun and HS and i get way over 300 kills, so stop saying that is not possible to get those kills.

Upvote 0