• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why are there no Soviet AT grenades?

I hate that satchel charges kill tanks in RO. They kill everything no matter where you throw it on the tank. With anti armor grenades, placement matters and it should matter here as well. Also they only were effective against early German tanks. The RPG-43 was one of the most effective and it was only so if it hit perpendicular to the armor. None of those hand thrown devices were effective against Tigers or Panthers. The satchel charge in game is like a super weapon. I really wish it was removed. All it would do is put a black mark on the skin of a tank.
RGD-43 could easily crush any place of the armour of a panther and tiger. Sloped armour is irrelevant against these grenades (as far as I know they use magnets)

Upvote 0
IMHO , something preferable to banning the satchel charges completely would be to turn them in to "sticky satchels" , that would work only if you manage to glue them on the back of a tank or on its turret

I'm not aware of the difficulty of programming this (to make them sticky , and ineffective when it's not properly glued on the tank ) , but i guess it would be easier than adding a brand new weapon ( especially since Tripwire is working on their new game now ) and to my eyes better than removing the satchels charges completely because although it was essentially anti-tank guns , tanks and aviation that did the tank destroying job , "sticky bombs" were still used
5kg of TNT would smash any tank if simply thrown below it or on-top it.

Stop whining. Seriously.

Upvote 0
I forgot to mention below the tank as well , good observation ;)

I wasn't whining , i didn't create this thread , i was merely giving my opinion about the post above mine , thus i took the care to say "IMHO" .

Whining is asking for something that is not in game , posting constructively is to react to other people's ideas and positive propositions which is what i thought i did respectfully anyway . It may be a bad idea though , i don't deny ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
RGD-43 could easily crush any place of the armour of a panther and tiger. Sloped armour is irrelevant against these grenades (as far as I know they use magnets)
... no, they don't. The only magnetic grenade used during the war was made by the Germans. Kinda ironic as they insisted on plastering their tanks with anti-magnetic zimmerit paste, to combat the magnetic mines no-one else used.

Upvote 0