• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[WHITELISTED] IJC WeaponPack (Ivan & Jack Carver)

Perk Activation nonsense.

Let me be clear, because this has been a question asked by a few. Before the pack was whitelisted, regular perks couldn't even be used at all with the weapons. To allow great fun and a way of using the weapons, IJC decided to make the weapons interact with a Perk Replacement system, Marco's Per Server Stats mutator.

At the time the weaponpack didn't have coded into it the code needed to recieve bonuses of any kind, whether it be from official perks or unofficial. So almost an add-on was created, Perk Activation v1.2, which used code nearly the same as the one used in KFMod.u which gives bonuses for weapons depending on your level and perk.

When whitelisting came around, the weaponpack was whitelisted, but not the Perk Activation, so it was rendered useless and people preferred official perks to unofficial because the Perk Activation wasn't allowed to interace with the official perks, because that specifically wasn't whitelisted. (the official and Marco's unofficial are addressed in exactly the same way).

Now that whitelisted has come round and we have Xienen to help IJC out (thanks for that dude), we can get the updated pack immediately whitelisted again with official perk bonuses integrated. :D

EDIT: Excuse the essay I made out of that. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Aze and halbridious
Upvote 0
I'm glad it was finally whitelisted, but now I move that it be pushed to be added as actual game content and not just a mutator, with the exception of the mk23 because it overwrites the handcannons therefore I believe it should stay a whitelisted mutator.
The MK23 doesn't overwrite the Handcannon but we just want it to stay a mutator atm ;).
Idk why you think that it replaces the HC but that's 100% not true.

Reactions: The_Sorrow
Upvote 0
The MK23 doesn't overwrite the Handcannon but we just want it to stay a mutator atm ;).
Idk why you think that it replaces the HC but that's 100% not true.

Not in the sence that it overwrites it, but I've found it far more appealing >.<. On another note and I'm sure this is listed somewhere in the abundance of pages, but why do the perk price adjusts not apply because 15k for medi rifle is kinda steep. >.<

Upvote 0
Not in the sence that it overwrites it, but I've found it far more appealing >.<. On another note and I'm sure this is listed somewhere in the abundance of pages, but why do the perk price adjusts not apply because 15k for medi rifle is kinda steep. >.<
The next White Version will include working perk support (discounts damage bonus and so on.)

Upvote 0
Thank you for such quick replies, it is quite refreshing. One final question that I'm also sure is in this somewhere, why is there no auto to semi trigger attached to the alternate fire? I've done some research on the FN FAL and although they no longer train for automatic fire, it does have the option.
In real life it has a full auto option but we thought that limiting it to semi auto would be better. This way it won't replace the Scar but still has better optics.

Upvote 0
In real life it has a full auto option but we thought that limiting it to semi auto would be better. This way it won't replace the Scar but still has better optics.

After playing with it bit more, I don't think you would have to worry about it replacing the scar as it would have some pretty gnarly kick >.<. I assume you used numbers similar to the scar tho? If so and this is clearly just an odd opinion, why not give it omg recoil like it actually has and never have to worry about it replacing the scar for auto fire?

Upvote 0
While the FN FAL did have a fully-automatic option, using it effectively was difficult and required a hefty weight behind leaning-in on it. It would have proved an absolute pig to balance too I think.
Exactly what I'm getting at. Not everything can be perfect and by allowing it to have full auto you are giving new players a chance to learn from their mistakes.XD

Upvote 0
FAL - Remove one of the versions so you can't carry 2 FALs. I'd say remove the non-scoped one to make the FAL the "snipery" rifle for the Commando.

I agree that one of them should be removed but I think the scoped one should be the one to go as commando is not the sharpshooter and therefore should have the sights more suited to the task at hand.

Probably a silly question but do you know that the FnFal's share ammo? Basically if you had both, if you switch between the two, the waste ammo pretty much two times more then for example using AK47 and SCAR which ALSO is a waste of weight too.

To me this seems balanced and also you can choose what sort of style you will be doing to match the map. Example of this is in close combat like Bioticlab you would use non-scope and in others like Farm you would use the scoped.

From my experiences in killing floor, they don't give us choices of how to use the same weapon, with the exception of dual-weilding, and I believe this is a feature of the game that they should not stray from. I believe that by giving us the option of one or the other they are giving us an advantage that should not exist though I do understand the reasoning for adding the both if it was as you say, but in killing floor we are suppose to be survivors using what is available to us and to say that we would not only find this magnificent weapon, but to find it in two varieties? I think that is straying and even though I like both designs I believe that one should be removed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Both the Acog and Iron fal get their ammo from the same ammo pool so it's absolutely useless to carry 2 fals. They both will be out of ammo at the same time. Carrieing a SCAR and a Fal makes sense though.

I'm not referring to dual-wielding the FN FAL. I was making the point that the only weapons that have options are the ones that can dual-wield (handcannon, 9mm, and the mk23.

My actual point is that having two of the same weapon for purchase doesn't go with the feel of the game. Even if they come from the same ammo pool it still makes the weapon slightly OP in that it has more viable options than any of the other weapons. I believe that by limiting it to 1 style you are making it a not-all-situation weapon as all the other weapons are.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
On another note I believe that the sights on the mk23 , though very well made, are too bright. The brightness of the dot colouring adds a distortion to the vision as it contrasts the darkness of the game. Please note that I am colour blind and I am strictly referring to the brightness and not the actual colour. It is my humble suggestion that the colour be toned down in brightness as it makes aiming terribly difficult, atleast it is for me as I'm also photosensitive due to being colour blind and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Upvote 0
On another note I believe that the sights on the mk23 , though very well made, are too bright. The brightness of the dot colouring adds a distortion to the vision as it contrasts the darkness of the game. Please note that I am colour blind and I am strictly referring to the brightness and not the actual colour. It is my humble suggestion that the colour be toned down in brightness as it makes aiming terribly difficult, atleast it is for me as I'm also photosensitive due to being colour blind and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Well I actually never had a problem with the brightness of the sights but I'm not colour blind, so I really can't tell how this might be for you.
You can distinguishe a colour from another but can't tell how it's called or red and green are mostly the same?
After the release we can play around with the textures and the brightness of the sights but till then we have a lot to do with fixing bugs and balancing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well I actually never had a problem with the brightness of the sights but I'm not colour blind, so I really can't tell how this might be for you.
You can distinguishe a colour from another but can't tell how it's called or red and green are mostly the same?
After the release we can play around with the textures and the brightness of the sights but till then we have a lot to do with fixing bugs and balancing.

In all technicality I'm colour deficit on the red/green scale -the most common- However I'm at the low end of it tapping the monochromatic lence with my pen. To give you an idea of what I mean, on the service m500 shotgun there is a red dot to indicate that it is out of safety, I learned about this dot about 3 weeks after my training because I could not see it on the weapon >.<, but back to the original point thank you for considering the edit in your change. I do realize I have posted alot but you have done so much wonderful work that I wanted to inform you of what I saw. Keep up the good work ^.^

Upvote 0
On a somewhat related note, I have the same trouble with the m7a3 sight as it appears the same to me as the mk23 sights. It's not as big of an issue because the lights are seperated alittle, but when they darken its a beautiful and easily used sight!

Use the edit button in the future to avoid double posts ;)
Ok i totally see what your problem is. As you'r Red/Green colour blind you will have problems with the M7A3's sights. The dot always is Green and after the mag is almost empty it turns red, which is a very bad combination for you :(.
Many games have a colour blind mode as this a common problem under male players (Female have 2 X chromosomes so it's very rare there). Unfortunately we can't impliment a colour blind mod as this would cause problems in multiplayer.
However we might be able to adjust the brightnes for you. ;)

Upvote 0