• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Which video card should i get?

You might have 2 or 3 sets of cables coming out of the Power Supply Unit.
Take one bunch and plug your Hard drive and DVD as best you can.
Take another bunch of wires and plug your Vid card into it, with nothing else if possible.

Don't worry, we've all been there before.
Computers are just like old cars, you have to give em a kick-start now and again.

Its all mechanics, somewhat electrical but mechanics never the less...
( I just wrote that, me)? I don't believe a word of it.
:D.

Upvote 0
I think the one card should be fine with that PSU, although at some point it should be replaced as a better one will probably run cooler and more efficiently.

I ran an ATI X800GT on a 200W PSU in my son's comp for a few months until I finally got around to putting my spare 450 PSU in there and it was supposed to need 350W min.

Of course, you always take a chance if it is less...

Upvote 0
The Geforce 8800GT is the only card giving people trouble with PCIe 1.0 mother boards. It's mainly on boards with VIA chip sets. (as I said above) Ati anticipated this problem so none of their card have this issue. Every card released by Nvidia after the 8800 GT should also work with no issues.

I found this out the hard way when I bought my 8800 GT. I thought it was broken because my computer would start but had no display. I used a friends computer to flash the cards bios to PCIe 1.0, and it;s been working fine in my computer ever since.

Upvote 0
All I have to say is if any of you 8800 gt owners upgrade and want to sell off/get rid of for free your old card give me a heads up. I'm thinking about SLIing.

While SLI'ing my two 8800GTs does give me improvements, I have some stupid configuration bug or problem with the drivers that requires me to restart my computer to enable SLI.... even though no restart should be required. Annoying pain in the ... when you are used to using 2 monitors all the time. So I rarely SLI.

However, if Yoshiro runs out of PCI slots, I still have room for one more, so I will take any freebies as well :D

Upvote 0