• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What would you want to do with the one givin the idea about a rank up system?

What would you want to do with the one givin the idea about a rank up system?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's one of my big irks, for two big reasons:

1) They butchered the historical accuracy of some of the guns to make room for an unlock tree
2) It widens the gap between new players and veterans even more than the skill-gap, and makes it a LOT harder for new players to break into the series

Totally agree.

The only room for any kind of unlock system, if one exists at all, is that of a balanced system of trade offs.

The MKB is definitively better than the MP40 in every way. This means players who've played for a long time get a huge advantage. Punishing inexperienced players is a VERY bad idea for gameplay, as it makes it much harder for them to get involved.

Allowing CERTAIN enemy weapons for experienced axis soldiers makes some sense, because it was historically accurate and many PPSH and SVTs where captured, and allowing experience axis soldiers to have PPSHs doesn't make them far better than new players like giving them an MKB does.

However, having stuff like drum mags as unlocks is not only unrealistic, but also is hugely disbalancing.

Wasn't the whole idea behind not having weapon jamming is that it was a bad idea for the player to lose when its not their fault? Well right now we have a system where two players can enter a room, unload their SMG mags at each other, and if one happens to have a dual/drum mag upgrade they have a huge advantage.

If they are going to keep disbalancing unlocks, they could AT LEAST try to make them more realistic. For example, rather than players getting more accurate and stamina over time, they could unlock a "winter uniform", which reduces sway and slightly increases stamina on winter maps.

The other part of this is of course TWIs shying away from assymetric balance. In RO:OST, the PPSH was devastating at close range, but it was compensated by the fact the MP40 was easy to control at medium range, and the axis MGs where better.

This kind of thing is what made RO1 great, attention to detail, realism, willingness to make bold gameplay decisions. Trying to make everything equal and easy and appealing just gives you a bland clone that appeals to no one very much.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i'd like all the weapons unlocked for all to use. leave the honor system as it is and punish tk'ers with massive loss of honor points. that's what i thought twi was trying to do in the first place. keep us safe from the morons who love to tk everyone in spawn!

Well, I love to slice an motherfacker with the bajonet if he does wrong.
Bloody and do or die battlefield ive been on, Dont know about you!

Upvote 0