• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What vehicles would you like to see in ROHOS ?

Talking of AT Guns I would also like to see Artillery Guns such as the 203 mm Howitzer M1931 (B-4) in ROHOS

300px-Belarus-Minsk-Museum_of_GPW_Exhibition-2.jpg

Upvote 0
Talking of AT Guns I would also like to see Artillery Guns such as the 203 mm Howitzer M1931 (B-4) in ROHOS

It'd be nice if someone was aiming the artillery and spotters would mark something, and when you shot and hit something, the place would be marked on your map, and the target would be on the map and you would dial in the adjustments.

Upvote 0

It is not appropriate for the scale of battles in RO:HOS. If you have such guns on the map, then you need to position defences around them and create a whole frontline. The above gun has a firing range of 10+ kilometres? Imagine how big the map would have to be.

We will not get a lot more than 50 players per server so it is best to have mortars as artillery.

Upvote 0
My personal opinion is that they should only add a few vehicles per side... but implement them in greater detail. We are all used to vehicles with generic damage and functionality, what we really need to see is greater detail. I'd much rather have a few enemy vehicles with an advanced damage model than a large variety with a simplistic damage model.

I want to see track damage, and not just to disable movement. I want to see a track being taken out and leaving the tank only able to turn on the spot. I want to see engine damage disabling movement and also potentially slowing turret rotation depending on the tanks turret rotation method. I want to see tank crew being killed/wounded by hits. I want tanks to set on fire, forcing the crew to bail instead of the tank magically exploding. I want to see the turret disabled, the main gun disabled and the machine guns individually susceptible to damage. If time allows... I'd like to see periscopes and vision slits viable targets for AT rifles and light AT guns too...

Sure... I may wish for a lot, but to me this to me would add FAR more to gameplay than adding X vehicle which is pretty much the same as Y vehicle but can take a bit more damage and does a bit more damage. Anyone agree?

Upvote 0
I hope they do not cut the vehicles and tanks after 1942.
Soviets:
T-34 obr.41, T-34/85
KV-1 / KV-85
IS-2
SU-85
T-60
T-70
SU-122
SU-100
KV-2
ISU-152
M4 Sherman (Lend&Lease)
M3 Lee (Lend&Lease)
BA-1
T-40
T-28, T-26
T-35 (Moscow map, up to 11 crew members :D)
Germans:
Panzer IV Ausf. E; F1, F2, G, H
Panzer V ,,Panther"
Panzer VI ,,Tiger"
StuG III Ausf. A, B,C,D,E,F,F8,G
K

Upvote 0
My personal opinion is that they should only add a few vehicles per side... but implement them in greater detail. We are all used to vehicles with generic damage and functionality, what we really need to see is greater detail. I'd much rather have a few enemy vehicles with an advanced damage model than a large variety with a simplistic damage model.

I want to see track damage, and not just to disable movement. I want to see a track being taken out and leaving the tank only able to turn on the spot. I want to see engine damage disabling movement and also potentially slowing turret rotation depending on the tanks turret rotation method. I want to see tank crew being killed/wounded by hits. I want tanks to set on fire, forcing the crew to bail instead of the tank magically exploding. I want to see the turret disabled, the main gun disabled and the machine guns individually susceptible to damage. If time allows... I'd like to see periscopes and vision slits viable targets for AT rifles and light AT guns too...

Sure... I may wish for a lot, but to me this to me would add FAR more to gameplay than adding X vehicle which is pretty much the same as Y vehicle but can take a bit more damage and does a bit more damage. Anyone agree?

Very much so. This is what I would really like to see, 1 vehicle in each catogory for each side. 2-3 tanks, an apc an a non armoured transport (trucks). Thats all thats need, just do them to as much accuracy as possible and I will be very happy with it. What counts is not breadth, it is depth imho.

Upvote 0
I want to see track damage, and not just to disable movement. I want to see a track being taken out and leaving the tank only able to turn on the spot.
After the tracks are taken out turning on the spot will only further dig in the tank and damage the other tracks

I want to see engine damage disabling movement and also potentially slowing turret rotation depending on the tanks turret rotation method.
That would definatly be fun to see

I want to see tank crew being killed/wounded by hits. I want tanks to set on fire, forcing the crew to bail instead of the tank magically exploding.
Thats effectivly already in Carpathian crosses, when the tank catches fire the crew will slowly burn to death unless they bail out.
I want to see the turret disabled, the main gun disabled and the machine guns individually susceptible to damage. If time allows... I'd like to see periscopes and vision slits viable targets for AT rifles and light AT guns too...
And again the majority of that is in carpathian crosses, Periscopes being smashed, turrets can apparently be jammed in it too although ive never seen it happen

Upvote 0
I hope they do not cut the vehicles and tanks after 1942.
Soviets:
T-34 obr.41, T-34/85
KV-1 / KV-85
IS-2
SU-85
T-60
T-70
SU-122
SU-100
KV-2
ISU-152
M4 Sherman (Lend&Lease)
M3 Lee (Lend&Lease)
BA-1
T-40
T-28, T-26
T-35 (Moscow map, up to 11 crew members :D)
Germans:
Panzer IV Ausf. E; F1, F2, G, H
Panzer V ,,Panther"
Panzer VI ,,Tiger"
StuG III Ausf. A, B,C,D,E,F,F8,G
K

Upvote 0
i just want TANKS!!!!!!!!

seriously though, what made RO was the combined arms and tanking action. i know i'm not the only one that is scared about them ditching tanks because they can sometimes not be so user friendly to noobs. not seeing anything about tanks or vehicles in general in any news so far concerns me.

please TW, we need our CA maps.

Upvote 0