• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What the community is up to - Vehicles ;)

Some screenshots that I don't want to hide, showing the great work of Szeder and Cpt.Praxius (Texture).

Looks good, but knowing that coding the vehicles into game is a big part, would you say they are near completion? 50%? 75%? Just because they look good on the outside (and they do), will we have to wait till 2015?

Upvote 0
Could someone 'in the know' with RO2 tank development put a few bullets points on why it was not possible to port RO1 and DH tanks into RO2.

I have a mate who will not shut up about it - "why don't they bring over the RO1 tanks".

I have told him 1,000 was probably because it's not possible, but if someone in the know could give me a few technical barriers for this that would shut the guy up for a bit.

Upvote 0
Looks good, but knowing that coding the vehicles into game is a big part, would you say they are near completion? 50%? 75%? Just because they look good on the outside (and they do), will we have to wait till 2015?

In general you're right that coding the vehicles to the game is a big part however in this case it's just minor tweaking and changed Damage Zones for the PZ IV Ausf. H.
The shown vehicles were successfully tested online and just require some more polishing, bug fixes, testing and a final plan for a release.

Upvote 0
Could someone 'in the know' with RO2 tank development put a few bullets points on why it was not possible to port RO1 and DH tanks into RO2.

I have a mate who will not shut up about it - "why don't they bring over the RO1 tanks".

I have told him 1,000 was probably because it's not possible, but if someone in the know could give me a few technical barriers for this that would shut the guy up for a bit.

A direct port from RO1 and it's mods isn't possible because the engine changed and the system how the tanks work did as well.
However reusing the models, animations and sounds is possible, the reason why we and probably TWI are not doing this is the quality difference which wouldn't fit to the game in our opinion.

Using the RO1/DH models is possible but it would still need a lot of effort to get them fully working with the RO2 tanking system.
The current RO2 Tanking system is a lot more complex compared to the RO1 one, I'll post a more detailed technical comparison later.

Upvote 0
Those tanks look fantastic.

I'd say the fact that they are far lower in quality than the current ones is a big part of it.

Upvote 0