• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design What size are KF maps?

Its more like they have to find you in the mod, and you just have to try and make sure that you are in a position where you can take em down, yet still have escape routes :p.

In comparishment to ro in the official mod maps its often closer combat mapsize in general it is probably comparable to ut2004 maps, although some of the custom maps in the mod are pretty big.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Tbh in the mod most of the time you would just find a good spot near a trader and bunker down, so you could stock up inbetween rounds. As a result you normally only used 20% of some maps with any frequency
I really hope they do something to encourage players to utilise more of the maps, i dunno like some objectives or something to mix it up a bit.

Upvote 0
Tbh in the mod most of the time you would just find a good spot near a trader and bunker down, so you could stock up inbetween rounds. As a result you normally only used 20% of some maps with any frequency
I really hope they do something to encourage players to utilise more of the maps, i dunno like some objectives or something to mix it up a bit.

Yeah that was one of the first things we fixed. There are now multiple trader locations around the map, and the trader will randomly moves to a different one after each round. So now you end up fighting your way to the trader each round, and using the whole map.

Compared to RO, most of the maps are probably Danzig size or smaller, with a couple that are actually pretty big.

Upvote 0
Yeah that was one of the first things we fixed. There are now multiple trader locations around the map, and the trader will randomly moves to a different one after each round. So now you end up fighting your way to the trader each round, and using the whole map.

Compared to RO, most of the maps are probably Danzig size or smaller, with a couple that are actually pretty big.

Nice idea obvious when you think about it, interested to see how it pans out.

Upvote 0

But then how do you know where the trader is going to be? It annoys me when I play a new map and can't find the trader and end up getting owned cause I had no ammo. -.- Unless we're going to have enough time to find the trader, do what we need to do, then find a hiding spot/get back to our old one, there should just be a trader at all the locations.

Upvote 0
Yeah that was one of the first things we fixed. There are now multiple trader locations around the map, and the trader will randomly moves to a different one after each round.

OH... EM... GEE...

That is beyond awesome.

I remember laughing with my friends when we booted up 2.5 for the first time, played WestLondon, and the original shop had a sign that said something akin to "I've moved".

Makes for a wonderfully hectic time! :)

Upvote 0