• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What seem unbalanced to you?

I see that most people hate idea of one-shotting crawlers with HC, and I cannot blame you. I'm not that in love with it either. It comes mainly as a try to make HC more desirable. Right now:

• we got a flare gun that costs exactly the same, till yesterday used to weight half as much, has ammo galore, kills crawlers outright, and DoT that kills clots, stalkers and sirens after few seconds, without even aiming for the head.

• we also got Mk23, that has same price, 50% larger magazine, comparable damage output, faster shooting, faster reloading, larger ammo pool, penetration as well, and till yesterday used to weight half as much.
Perhaps 4-block weight, crawler-killing HC with a base price of 750 would be a more desirable weapon right now. But yeah, would be better if the two aforementioned weapons were properly balanced.
Giving the HC the capability to kill crawlers with a single body hit, at 4 block weight, would make the LAR less desirable.

I think the HC is good the way it is right now. Personally I prefere the HC over the Mk.23. Maybe its my sloppy aiming but it feels easier to decap with it. Feels like the HC hits an larger area.

Actually the HC has a faster reload than the Mk, but they are both fast enough, that this is not an issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Right now the Seeker has 96 missiles. That makes 16 salvos with 2000 damage each. More ammo is not what the Seeker needs.

Because they are immune to explosions. It is ridiculous that LAW rocket can be detonated by friendly flamethrower damage wile ****ty S6 rocket is absolutely immune to any damage, except Siren Scream.
In ScrnBalance first rocket hits the target and explodes other 5, which in turn do not do double damage to the target. So it is only ~1000 damage per salvo.

Upvote 0
Giving the HC the capability to kill crawlers with a single body hit, at 4 block weight, would make the LAR less desirable

The LAR would still be a fraction of the price, allow you to reload shell by shell and deal enough damage to reliably take down husks and sirens and more easily bleed out fleshpounds.

On perk of course, you can stun scrakes with it, which is the biggest advantage.

I can't see the LAR disappearing from my arsenal anytime soon.

Upvote 0
To really improve the gameplay Zed AI and abilities need adjusting. Every perk should be especially strong against a zed and equally weak against another. This would be in addition to the normal meta game. Some of this is already in place, just get the other perks on level.

Sharpshooter:
*Restore original Hand cannon damage
*M99 Has all of xbows current abilities. (being a anti-matieal rifle instead of a cross bow)
*xbow acts as a long range harder hitting Lever Action rifle
*.44 off perk weapon (SS still gets bonus) $150 always

Demo:
*Allow pick up of your pipes after arming
*reduce price of m203 rifle.

Berzerker:
*Reduce carry wight to 9 ,10 at most.

Support:
*take away extra grenade damage and capacity.
*increase ammo for shotguns
*weight past 15kg makes you slower, but allows you to "charge" or knock back zeds in your way. More weight = more knock back.

Commando:
* Make all weapons handle differently. Weight , max ammo, recoil, damage, semi/full auto. Makes use of variety already in place.

Medic:
*remove run speed bonus.
*more tools and gadgets to support team.
*deployable low damage mini turrets to draw zeds away
*5kg limited use armour repair kit.
*3kg ammo boxes. Can be dropped functions like normal ones.

Firebug:
*remove spawn armour
*can load any gun or launcher with incendiary rounds. Very low DOT damage same for all off perk weapons.

A opinion was asked for and I gave mine. Don't agree, fine. Insult my ideas without providing any input, troll harder mate! Ill be around next event, other than that it's off to the League of Legends!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
^
This whole post

dear god no. Just no.

profile_picture_by_no_face_plz-d49yok6.png

Upvote 0
But yeah, would be better if the two aforementioned weapons were properly balanced.
^ The HC's damage is perfect the way it is right now. If you want to make it a better alternative to other handguns, change its other stats or the other handguns instead. For example:

• Remove penetration completely when the MK23 is used off-perk; don't change anything for the Sharpshooter.

• Tweak the MK23's damage so it leaves decapitated gores to bleed out when used by a level 6 sharp, which will give you a reason to switch to the HC when using both handguns. You can actually try this in-game by playing a level 3 sharp.

Upvote 0
^ The HC's damage is perfect the way it is right now. If you want to make it a better alternative to other handguns, change its other stats or the other handguns instead. For example:

• Remove penetration completely when the MK23 is used off-perk; don't change anything for the Sharpshooter.

• Tweak the MK23's damage so it leaves decapitated gores to bleed out when used by a level 6 sharp, which will give you a reason to switch to the HC when using both handguns. You can actually try this in-game by playing a level 3 sharp.

I don't know, increasing the weight by 1 and removing penetration all together would do the job fine imo. The damage changes would mean that people would be better off using the 9mm. We don't want to get rid of it completely, just bring it back in line. Also, no penetration means that the Mk.23 has a reason to have so much ammo and fire rate. The lack of penetration may not seem like a big change, but I think if that was done we would see more .44's and HC's.

I think that the damage on all the hand guns is fine at thr moment.

Upvote 0
Overpowered:
-Buzzsaw bow (damage and crazy penetration)
-M99 (power of headshot in hands of sharpshooter)
-Flare revolvers (very powerful even off-perk)
-Katana (too fast "firing" rate)

Overpriced:
-M99 (bullet costs 2 much)
-ZED (2000 is way too much if you ask me)

Underpowered:
-Combat shotgun (slow reload)
-M4 (way too big recoil)

Upvote 0
I see that most people hate idea of one-shotting crawlers with HC, and I cannot blame you. I'm not that in love with it either. It comes mainly as a try to make HC more desirable. Right now:

• we got a flare gun that costs exactly the same, till yesterday used to weight half as much, has ammo galore, kills crawlers outright, and DoT that kills clots, stalkers and sirens after few seconds, without even aiming for the head.
  • we also got Mk23, that has same price, 50% larger magazine, comparable damage output, faster shooting, faster reloading, larger ammo pool, penetration as well, and till yesterday used to weight half as much.
Perhaps 4-block weight, crawler-killing HC with a base price of 750 would be a more desirable weapon right now. But yeah, would be better if the two aforementioned weapons were properly balanced.

Flare gun is balanced by that incredibly loonnnnnggg reload. I only ever try to use it as a firebug or commando to avoid getting caught with my pants down. You are incredibly vulnerable reloading that thing off-perk.

Upvote 0
M99 under powered. They should make the ammo cheaper and maybe make it a bit lighter, so u can carry the MK23 as well.
I liked the M99 back when it was a separate mod. The ammo price may now be excessive, but making it lighter! No matter what I think to the current balance level making it lighter is crazy in terms of balance. I think if anything make it an extra one block heavier so you cannot carry pipe bombs.

Upvote 0