• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What, no E3 topic?

Finally Killzone will no longer be a man with chained weights on his ankles.

What bothered me about the original Killzone for the Playstation 2 was the lack of non-lineairity (or rather the lack of being lineair), the good, but still "boring" graphics and the fact there wasn't much interaction with the environment.

This was all due to really outdated hardware.

And the new trailer is just awesome, the Killzone story is great, the gameplay was good, now hopefully it will have a more extended form of gameplay in a more open (hopefully) sandbox environment.
I already noticed you could destroy parts of the environment in the trailer, so I think the interaction part will be at least higher then the old Killzone standard.

Shame it's a PS3-exclusive game though.

Upvote 0
New Media

New Previews

Xbox Live -- Bringing It Home (DAY 2) Releases -- http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/07/12/bringing-it-home-2007-day-two.aspx
(Day 1 for those that missed it)

Upvote 0
Why does everybody love Gears of War so much? It's a 13 in a dozen shooter game.:confused:
"oh it has such a nice coversystem" blegh. Kill.Switch had that allready.
Never understood that either.

Just like Brothers in Arms with their cover system, Freedom Fighters already had something similar. And IMO better.

Same with HALO. OMGOMGOMG VEHICELZ!!!1
So what? Hidden & Dangerous, Codename Eagle, etc had this and better.

Upvote 0
Never understood that either.

Just like Brothers in Arms with their cover system, Freedom Fighters already had something similar. And IMO better.

Same with HALO. OMGOMGOMG VEHICELZ!!!1
So what? Hidden & Dangerous, Codename Eagle, etc had this and better.

It's not the features, it's the theme and atmosphere.

Upvote 0
I bet my mothers *** that haven't even played it (and she has a lot to lose there) and you just judge by what you know about the game. And if you have played it you have only done so on a difficulty other than Legendary. Because if you have played Halo 1 on Legendary, you know why it is great.

Its like people saying that Rambo 1 is a mindless action flick, because the heard Rambo 2 and 3 are ones, and because of what they know about Rambo.
(in case some younger readers don't know: Its not)

Not being a fanboy here, but the game was quite awesome. Of course, if you only got to see the pc version, quite some time after the xbox version, at a time where almost every game already started to steal and expend upon Halo's ideas while the original Halo lost all of its technical impressiveness, especially with the lousy port with the crappy performance, its hard to get what made Halo good.
Its like playing Doom 2 now. Other than that it runs fluidly it has little going for it nowadays. But denying its (eventually past) greatness is downright BLASMPHEMY!!!:eek:

Upvote 0
Played Halo 1 on PC soon after it came out. Couldn't figure out what was so great in either multiplayer or single player. You can't "prove" it's a great game nor can I prove it's not good. It's just a matter of tastes. Speaking of tastes, going to eat some grilled sausage now with lotsa mustard.

Upvote 0
Ah yes, I see what you mean.

The Maze 3D-like atmosphere? :D
No, the "talented voice actors scream immersive one-liners" atmosphere.

@Werner: As I said, if I only knew the pc version (and I guess not even the Legendary mode there) I would think of it as a mediocre shooter too, because by the time it was finally released for the pc in the form of a lazy port and without a co-op function, it was just a slightly above average shooter.
So I can understand where you are coming from, and its too late now because you can't change your mind about it. Same with Doom 2. I don't expect anyone to like Doom 2 if they are playing it for the first time in 2007.

Upvote 0
@Werner: As I said, if I only knew the pc version (and I guess not even the Legendary mode there) I would think of it as a mediocre shooter too, because by the time it was finally released for the pc in the form of a lazy port and without a co-op function, it was just a slightly above average shooter.
So I can understand where you are coming from, and its too late now because you can't change your mind about it. Same with Doom 2. I don't expect anyone to like Doom 2 if they are playing it for the first time in 2007.

I understand your point. :)

I just can't understand all the fuzz around the third sequel since it doesn't seem to bring much new stuff to the table

Upvote 0