• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What kind of round Mkb in the game uses?

Perun58

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 22, 2011
Czech Republic
I just wonder what kind of round that is supposed to be be. I mean Mkb42 uses 7.92x33 but in the game it looks a lot flatter, not pointed. It also is pretty powerful. Dimensions seem to be 7.92x33 but the bullet looks different.

20180911014100_1.jpg

It almost looks like 8mm rapid (one in the center)
1316088842_8mm_Rapid.jpg

The round-nosed bullet does look a bit out of place, but with this kind of unrealistic detail, we can always pretend it's an intentional change of horzine's, rather than TWI's mistake. Maybe they decided that wounds better for a zed, while the original pointed bullets would penetrate through and cause lesser wounds to multiple trash zeds, which horzine doesn't want for their commando role of mercenary?

What there's no good excuse for, on the KF2 MKb 42(H), is the cartridge loosely sitting in the chamber when you inspect this gun which fires from an open bolt, when it's ready to fire. The cartridges should all be in the magazine at that point.
kf2_mkb42h_chamber_inspect_wrong.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've noticed that bullet too. You can sometimes see it blinking though the hole on the left side of the gun. But animations are possibly not final. The Mkb doesn't have mag release button, FN fal has empty space on place where you would expect magazine release, magazine on new medic rifle comes through your hand etc.

Although the round in the chamber looks pretty intentional hard to say if it's going to be fixed. I hope it will.

Upvote 0