• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code What ini to add EditPackages

worluk

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
In what ini would I add the (Mod)EditPackages line for my package to be compiled?
Probably due to not deleting the beta content i have about 3 locations, for the ROEngine.ini, which i would think the line should go in to.

No change seems to effect the make process. Is binaries/win64/ROGame.exe the correct one to call?

Well, I added it. UnrealFrontEnd isn't working with this SDK so I made a shortcut with the make at the end but it says that no scripts need recompiling.

Edit: I was doing it with the .exe in the 64-bit folder, now with the 32-bit folder it says I need to run the application with steam. Any ideas?

Edit Again: Ok, I added -full at the end of the shortcut and it tries to do a full recompile but breaks at ROGame at some file, I can try to make my Package compile first, see if it works.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I haven't gotten access to the SDK yet, so I am basing this on the common process with UE3... It's possible that something is a little different.

You will want to add your EditPackages line to ROEngine.ini, under the [UnrealEd.EditorEngine] section.

Then run ROGame.exe with the "make" argument.

Like i said in my previous post, that is what i did, and like gentrinity said, it does not find any scripts to compile, not even when you remove or delete like core.u, hence my question which one is the correct one since it was stated that compiling code works...

Upvote 0
Well, I'm stuck here, I try to do a full recompile and my test code to place a test placeable object that inherits from Actor is not working.

I try to do a full recompile but ROGame has two scripts that throw the following error;

ROPlayerReplicationInfo.uc and ROUISceneServerBrowser.uc

Unrecognized "OnlineSubsystemSteamworks"

So yeah... I tried commenting out these two parts of the file where a var is declared of this type but unfortunately, more scripts have it, so I'm missing a directive here.

Upvote 0
Same issue.
Nothing compiled so far.

What exe is the main compiler? Is it rogame.exe?

I am trying to setup nFringe to work with the SDK and Visual Studio and have setup my project properties as follows:

General
UCC Path=..\..\Binaries\Win32\ROGame.exe

Debug
Start Game Executable=..\..\Binaries\Win32\ROGame.exe

I then added my mod name to the following ini:
red orchestra 2\ROGame\Config\DefaultEngine.ini

[UnrealEd.EditorEngine]
EditPackages=TOGAMod

Upon trying to compile in VisualStudio, i get the following message:
STEAM is required to play the game

So should I be using rogame.exe or something else :confused:

Any help appreciated :)

Upvote 0
What exe is the main compiler? Is it rogame.exe?

I am trying to setup nFringe to work with the SDK and Visual Studio and have setup my project properties as follows:

General
UCC Path=..\..\Binaries\Win32\ROGame.exe

Debug
Start Game Executable=..\..\Binaries\Win32\ROGame.exe

I then added my mod name to the following ini:
red orchestra 2\ROGame\Config\DefaultEngine.ini

[UnrealEd.EditorEngine]
EditPackages=TOGAMod

Upon trying to compile in VisualStudio, i get the following message:
STEAM is required to play the game

So should I be using rogame.exe or something else :confused:

Any help appreciated :)

You have to use the Win64 exe. That works to the extent that it doesnt find changed packages to compile.

Upvote 0
So I see lol

So has nobody managed to get any of their own mods to compile yet then?

Unfortunately not. I've PMed both Ramm-Jaeger and Yoshiro but none of them have replied :(

I have two simple test scripts but it's just not finding them when I do a regular recompile. Full recompile finds the files but obviously doesn't work and UnrealFrontend is broken too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well i'm at a complete loss with this.

I have no problems working with the UDK so this is something of a mystery :rolleyes:

Perhaps one of the Rising Storm or Iron Europe Guys could offer some advice.....I'll see if I can find one of them ;)

Yeah, I have the RS teamspeak but they're usually not on. If you find anything out, please post your results. I'm just studying the code in the meanwhile.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I have the RS teamspeak but they're usually not on. If you find anything out, please post your results. I'm just studying the code in the meanwhile.

I sent Psycho Chicken from RS a pm to see if he could spare a minute - I will also keep trying. I have no doubt we are just being a bit thick :eek:

Upvote 0
Maybe we have to create a mutator instead?

If mutator or not, the compiler does not find any changed/new packages for me, no matter whats in there.

you guys try following this? ------> http://www.hourences.com/an-entire-simple-udk-game/ , if not this should help tremandesoly

To some extent, it was among the sites i checked in what ini to place the EditPackage lines.
Beside that, the Frontend does not list a game, i dont see an option to configure it as well.

Last edited:
Upvote 0