• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What are your top 3 QoL Changes for KF2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. Give us more time to get to the marked area in Stand Your Ground. Most of the time the marked area spawns on the complete opposite side of the map and between running towards it and killing zeds that get in out way, it loses most of it's value because we can't get to it in time.

2. Fix the "Favorite Weapons" feature. This has been broken since the Summer Sideshow 2017 update. I've found this particularly useful when playing Survivalist and switching to the favorites tab to quickly buy the weapons I want.

3. We console players really need a better way to switch through our weapons. Tapping a button or holding and selecting with the D-Pad feels so clunky. particularly during intense moments during a wave. As a PS4 player, I feel the touchpad would would be better utilized for this than just swiping up throwing dosh out (especially since Right on the D-Pad already does this by default). Example: swiping up switches through the healing tool and welder, swiping right switches through the sidearms. swiping left switches though the primary weapons, and swiping down switches through our melee weapons.

Upvote 0
1.Allow us to either drop/sell the 9mm or add an option to remove it from the weapon switch rotation

Myself and friends find this immensely annoying as we are playing on console and anytime we use two or more weapons we find ourselves spamming the 9mm in-between waves until it's out of ammo to prevent it from getting in the way.
This is especially frustrating if you are kiting big zeds and pick up ammo by mistake which results in pulling out the 9mm by accident when you are really trying to swap weapons.

2. Remove the item drop cooldown completely and reduce the droprate of crates during events

As i already stated above i play on console so the only way to reliably get items without gambling are item drops.
However only being able to farm two items a day with a long cool down in-between kind of sucks for us console folks so i thought about adding reward tiers for endless.
For example every ten consecutive waves you play on endless will grant you a reward (weapon skins or cosmetics)
on top of that every 10 waves beat should increase the odds of rare items to drop for you, encouraging you to come back for more and actually allowing players who may not have the most money to work for their items in a more fair and mannered way.
Now this might not be a perfect solution, perhaps it's wishful thinking but i would call it a start.

3. Stand your ground is a mess

There isn't really much to say here since this has been brought up a lot already but either the objective spawns across the map or only two out of six players actually do the objective while everyone else is constantly walking out of the zone to hunt down that one headless cyst.
What i would like to see is perhaps a better reward (a bit of xp and dosh isn't really worth risking my life over let's be honest)
Maybe i'm saying this because i'm frustrated with people leaving the zone for kills but perhaps penalize players who leave the zone i.e not receiving any bonus xp or dosh from the objective when completed by other players.

Upvote 0
I forgot something which I'd actually consider my #3 over giving the Survivalist more unique weapons and it is;

Button remapping on console

Why is this so important you might ask? Well one word, crouching, why on Earth is this on the same button as movement/running?
I've often complained to my PS4 friends about how in Call of Duty "the Square button does everything" but honestly I'd rather have Circle to crouch [as it is in CoD] than how it is where more often than not it doesn't register. You can imagine what that results in against a high difficulty King Fleshpound beam...

So yeah, Spawn refinements, what to do about the 9mm and button remapping for console would be my top 3 hands down. I look forward to the outcome of this topic.

Upvote 0
change it to something like "direct-contact" (the name), and make it so the same effects are applied but instead of via ground fires, via direct contact with flames maintained for a second or more (have the damage & reduced speed ramp up over the 1 second, and if 1 second passes without flame being maintained, it will decay over 1 second). "barbecue" is already about hurting zeds while you're not looking (since it maintains afterburn), so i think the other side should be hurting zeds better while you *are* looking, but the catch is you have to be looking and maintain the flame on your target.

this isn't necessarily less OP than ground fires currently is, but i mean it's OP in the sense that it changes the way firebug is played so drastically that shooting the floor becomes more important than actually shooting the zeds themselves with fire

Upvote 0
1. My main beef as of right now is that there is no restriction on how close zeds can spawn from a player. Right now when going around a map, you can look one direction for a few seconds, then turn around and see a small group of zeds in a spot that was just clear. This is even worse around corners where you're trying to avoid the chaos behind you, or at least shoot while running, only to get body blocked by a zed that you didn't see coming. This is even worse as there are times where you are running away and a fleshpound or two of them come around the corner as they just spawned in (enraged). There is already a restriction that prevents zeds from spawning in front of a player, but this 2m away spawn BS causes many games to fail because the director decides to throw some big zeds directly in your path.

2. Sound changes that get unnecessarily thrown in with each update. This is very notable with the fleshpounds, as their pitch keeps getting altered as the game evolved. There is no real reason for it, as I thought it sounded just fine; it was lighter for QPs but deeper for King Pound. Not only that, the spawn roar for fps is the same on multiplayer and prevents you from knowing whether a FP or QP spawned until you see them. This isn't an issue for single player, but on multiplayer Id like to know if I'm dealing with a swarm or a few brutes.

3. On the subject of EDARs, I dont understand why they need to share the spawn pool with stalkers and husks. They should be given their own pool just as the clot variants and gorefasts as while it might make some sense for the bombers to spawn with husks, why do trappers and blasters spawn with stalkers? They're more likely to mess up whatever coordination the zeds in front of them have than be of help.

Last piece I have is to make some less popular skills more enticing. With the changes to Fragmentation Rounds, the skill now competes with sonic resistance as no one wanted to deal less damage; as a demo, this was counterintuitive to your perk as a whole. You could also potentially change some zed time skills that offer little use or are impractical due to the stats a perk has when maxed out.

Upvote 0
1. Key bindings and cosmetics resetting have been mentioned before. If this is an engine-level issue that cannot be readily fixed, at least give us a means of fully backing up and restoring these settings in-game. I know that you can make config backups for key bindings (something I already do), but many other settings (including cosmetics) seem to use Steam's profile.bin over or instead of the configs (even if Steam cloud sync is disabled). Can this be switched around?

2. HUD improvements:
  • Show regenerating health.
  • For the M16-M203 and HM-501, show some indication when the grenade launcher needs to be reloaded.
  • Show wave info (Wave #, Zed count or Objective progress or Trader time) when the menu is open (or at least in the lobby for mid-game joiners).
  • For most Medic weapons (HM-501 excepted), show an icon on the currently locked-on player.
  • More info for dropped weapons (e.g. a small overlay showing ammo and weight).
3. Small tweaks to weapons, such as:
  • Start the AR-15 in semi-auto mode (FNFal already does this).
  • Give burst-fire a reason to exist (currently only the AK-12 gives burst a unique and beneficial use).
  • Bump 9mm ammo to 120 total (or allow the first upgrade to do this) and either keep all or lose only one 9mm upgrade level on death.
  • Add a laser toggle to the M14 EBR with alt-fire.
  • Add a very lightweight parry tool (or let us cheaply upgrade our Perk Knife to block and parry better).

Upvote 0
Uh what? QoL and balance are two totally different things. QoL are things that are neat, but not downright necessary. Balance, on the other hand, are downright ESSENTIAL for a game to be good. So I will focus on the important stuff:

1. Perk mechanics, skills and passives need to be HEAVILY fixed - even ignoring the various balancing issues. Because, just as a few examples (there are way more though):
  • There are skills that are pretty much only used for their economical benefits (many of SWAT's leftside skills) - Talents should be about playstyles and continued use, not just a wave 1 pick, then ignored after that. And in that line of thought: Armor-talents, in particular, are always horrible talents by default, since the survivability you get out from them is EXTREMELY limitted. No more armor-talents (As passives, they're fine though)!
  • There are skills that are basicly useless, if you don't have the dosh for them to be of use (such as max ammo skills) - A talent should ALWAYS have something useful to it too, even when you don't have enough dosh to fully use it. Even if it's tiny (like a bit of max health, movespeed, reloadspeed etc)
  • There are skills that only benefit certain weapons of a perk (Such as Firestorm and Ground Fire on Firebug) - No talent should mean that it's only useable with certain weapons of your perk, it should bring something to all your perks' weapons.
  • There are skills that rely too heavily on RNG and/or is useless in certain circumstances (Spontaneous Zed-splosion has both of these at once; It's RNG based, and it's 100% useless on singular targets) - Give these talents something universally useful and reliable too, even if it's tiny.
  • There are many passives/talents that don't fully apply to your weapons, even if they seem that they logically should - Demolitions is a very strong offender here. Some passives/talents don't work for certain weapons (Like High Impact Rounds for HX25, Pulverizer, M16 bullets, 9mm bullets etc). These need to be fixed and stop having nonsensical inconsistencies.
  • Many passives/talents, due to many of the above issues, outright lie to you, since their descriptions are wrong (or, at least, don't explain their odd and pointless exceptions). Nomenclature needs a HUGE upgrade, as does the consistency. And in regards to nomenclature; Did you REALLY have to name talents the same as their MECHANIC - Parry deals with parrying and Ground Fire deals with groundfire. I mean, really? Words like Revenge/Retaliation doesn't come to mind instead of Parry? Or something like Scorched Earth instead of Ground Fire?
  • Firebug is riddled with unnecessary riddles - Residual Fire versus Groundfire? Why not let ALL weapons have Groundfire? Why is there RNG for this mechanic, occassionally?
  • Talents which "removes" gameplay options - Smash vs Massacre dictates what attack your should be mainly using, which imo is detrimental to attack variety. Why can't this tier be more like a pick of speed versus power, instead of heavy attack versus light attack? This talent tier ALSO exludes the Eviscerator (partially - the headshot bonus from Smash still works), since it has neither heavy/light attacks, according to the programming...
  • I will stop here, it's painful for me to write this...
2. Weapon balance is out of whack. Some examples of weapons that need a lot of love:
  • Pulverizer's explosion is essentially meaningless - Its damage is much too low, its range is absolutely pitiful, and it can't aid to attack the head health of enemies. It's also a victim of being inconsistent in regards to which passives/perks do and do not affect it. Also, it further suffers from requiring to reload, when a better design would be that the reload button instead could toggle on/off wether you want altfire to be explosive or not.
  • Husk Cannon still is dreadful. Not only does it not know what "role" it should have, it is also far too heavy as it is at the moment. Altfire flamethrower is also not there, making it feel incomplete when you compare to actual Husks using it.
  • Single wield vs Dual wield ammo differences - At least for 9mm pistols, it would be nice if they got more ammo when you dualwielded them. Otherwise, it's a pointless pickup.
  • Buying a second pistol - Make the second one give ammo too, so we don't feel the need to "have" to throw down the 1st one on the ground to not miss out on ammo.
  • Again, I'll stop here, for my own mental health's sake...
3. I don't even have a third point. I find the 2 above points are critical enough and are what you should focusing on, first and foremost, since it encompasses basicly the CORE of the game...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
1. Blocking/dodging needs some changes.
Blocking should not make zeds immune to debuffs, knockback, and ragdolling. A gorefast should not be immune to freezing because he decided to go "la la la I cant hear you la la la"
Dodging should be reserved for small, fast zeds like crawlers and stalkers, -NOT- armor covered EDARs
2. Sparnwage
Spawnrage is an inherently frustrating mechanic that merely punishes every class sans Bezerker because they got a bad dice roll. unintuitive, and makes QPs stronger than they should be
3. Edar trapper.
Complete ranged stuns are not a good mechanic, as well as cutting into the clot's gameplay niche. trappers should merely slow down a player to less than their walk speed, and not become a clot with magic arms.

Upvote 0
1. Player collision should be disabled by default.
There's no reason for player collision to exist at all, it only creates opportunities for griefing teammates and accidental deaths.

2. Welding.
I'm not entirely certain this can be fixed this far into the game's development, but welding is a nigh-pointless mechanic given how frenetic and mobile KF2's gameplay is.

3. A more dynamic game coordinator.
I don't know how feasible this is, but a more robust and creative game coordinator to determine zed spawns--depending on player performance--would vastly increase the game's variety and replayability. For example, if a team is seeing success every wave for digging their heels into an impregnable camping spot, spawn a group of E.D.A.R. Blasters or Bombers to take them out. I would like to see the game get a bit more intelligent with its zed placement and spawn groups.

Upvote 0
Welding is just idea. Which become obsolete after a while. IT can be used to set traps for some smaller Zeds,but in combo with RNG zed spawns it can be double-edged blade. Talking about door blowing up just to reveal few angry FP/Scrakes surviving blast.
Ahhh... you are refering to smarter AI director like in L4Dead2? I dunno can it be done... But good idea.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.