• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What are your top 3 least favorite things added to KF2?

xmrmeow

Grizzled Veteran
  • Mar 23, 2015
    First off, I don't plan on this thread being a hate thread. I think it is important for the players of the game to voice their opinions on a game in development so the developers can attempt to address the things that the players don't like.

So, just post the top 3 things KF2 has that KF1 didn't that you think shouldn't be in the game. Feel free to include explanations of each to share why you don't like them.

Mine are:
    • Sprinting on players and small zeds:
      Sprinting on players is more of a no-decision thing, which I don't like compared to other shooters. Most other shooters either make accuracy much worse while moving, or they make it so you can't even shoot while sprinting. Killing floor 2 does neither, and because zeds move so quickly on HOE, holding one spot usually just makes the players overwhelmed, forcing them to stay on the move, which doesn't work on a lot of maps (tight hallways, dead ends, etc). If sprinting had a more tactical use to it such as a 1 second downtime between sprint and shooting, but it was marginally faster, I might like it in the game, but I'd probably just rather have it out. Also sprinting on small zeds (clots, crawlers, and stalkers) I just don't like at all. It makes HOE way too hectic rather than controllably difficult like it was in KF1 (players that missed shots had to stay on the move, but players with pinpoint accuracy and that were aware of their surroundings could hold a position on almost any map, where as KF2 requires very specifically designed spots to be able to do this on HOE).

• Overdone movement animations:
      I disliked this about kf2 right from the beginning. Most of the zeds' walking animations are fine, but their sprinting and attack animations are really wobbly. They put their whole body into the movement, which makes hitting them with precision consistently way to difficult. Particularly clot+slashers jump arm-swinging attack, gorefast's move torso and head forward while slashing, crawler + stalker's difficult to hit spinning attacks, FP's hold arms in front of face rage running animation, and scrakes's head wobbling running animation.

• Boss fights:
      Most of the time boss fights feel dragged out and really spamming. It feels like the only strategy is just stand back and spray, and run away when they chase you. I'd rather the boss just do more damage but have a good deal less health so you can kill them faster but there's more risk. The health reduction would also take away the need to buy multiple t4s and drop them to have enough ammo on boss wave, which feels really awkward.

Last edited:
    * I don't understand, you already can't shoot AND sprint and firing while on the move is the least accurate method because you can't ADS for reduced recoil and spread.

* Yeah they're overdone and silly. I'm not convinced they should be toned down to make head shots easier though because that is one of the few ways that KF2 improved on the difficulty without just cranking up health numbers. Most trash prior to resistances would be disposed of with 1 shot of almost anything(and we seem to be going back to that), so asking you to step up your aim in exchange is quite fair.

* I don't remember there being much difference between KF1 patty and what we have here. It's always been spray them down and avoid their melee/projectiles. If it were up to me I would drastically drop their health points too BUT make them virtually resistant to all ballistic damage everywhere except their vital spots(tentacle and something, core for Hans). Then it becomes about spraying at the right time and not just spraying all the time. Fire weapons, explosives and melee would have to do damage in some other way, the idea isn't all fleshed out.

My top 3 would be: 1) perk skill trees, they are much more trouble than they are worth to balance. Just think how many times we have and will continue to rework perks. 2) The funny teleport and spawning system, even to this day I can load up KF1 and the way zeds swarm you there seems much more natural and smooth 3) Crate and key system of cosmetics

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    *Resistance system currently punishes Berserker and Firebug play. In the case of the latter, I've always felt as the 1033 ammo update encouraged the spamming of flames, and 1034 outright punishing short controlled bursts. However, it's nice to see that clots will be exempt from the resistance system.

*Pulverizer ammo nerf - I can't help but think that the intention is to encourage Zweihander usage since its nerf in KF1015, though I dunno if it would've been more productive to adjust slashing damage resistances on large zeds and bosses. On top of the current Zerker nerfs, you'll probably only use the Zweihander anyways, since you can no longer take beatings from Fleshpounds and Scrakes.

*Demolitionist arsenal - While the M79 price cut has elevated some of the issues, I still can't help but think that the demo can get a completely new starting weapon. To me, it seems like the HX-25 would've been better if it was balanced around a $450 price tag in mind. Additionally, I feel like i'm the only one who thinks that the XM29 OICW would make for an awesome successor to the M4A1.

Upvote 0
    1 camera shaking and other annoying feauters like bloat screen filter, ear ringing and the overdone special effects that block your vision.

2 not sure if this fit to the thread but im really disappointed about the meat system. its not visible enough and there are missijg more features like holes.

3 weapon tiers. there is no variety. t4 is in all ways better than other guns ( like scar compared with ak)

Upvote 0
    • Overdone movement animations:
      I disliked this about kf2 right from the beginning. Most of the zeds' walking animations are fine, but their sprinting and attack animations are really wobbly. They put their whole body into the movement, which makes hitting them with precision consistently way to difficult. Particularly clot+slashers jump arm-swinging attack, gorefast's move torso and head forward while slashing, crawler + stalker's difficult to hit spinning attacks, FP's hold arms in front of face rage running animation, and scrakes's head wobbling running animation.

Are you kidding? That's is probably THE BEST thing KF2 has introduced to improve on the concept of KF1! A binary shooting gallery is for nuubs. :D

1. Constant close quarter combat enforced by spawning points up your *** nomatter where you go and teleportation. Kind of ruins the fun of soloplay for me.
    2. Inventory management. There is none and the current system is awful.
    3. Voice command wheel. (link) - Yep it's that old but apparently complaining about it went out of fashion...

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    Least favourites? hmmm tough nut to crack, but since it is the least favourite and not most dislike list;

[*]Less weapon variety, kinda miss all those arsenal back in KF1, and where's the zed gun? :p I'm pretty sure there is one way back, like zed gun v2 or something.

[*]Door welding, this really need a rework. Prefer that a door can stand up to its health even when weld's health has gone and the door will only be destroyed when the last of its health is gone. e.g: Door has 10k hp, weld has 1k hp, once weld is destroyed; 20k - 1k = 9k left. If the door has less than 1k of health but it's welded, then that is the last weld that the door can sustain and will be destroyed after.

[*]Medic dart needs a rework as well, homing is nice and all but it is so wonky and clunky in zed time and prefer manual aim in it and also you have all the time to aim in zed time that the homing dart messes everything. That FP need stun! crap it goes another way to heal that 99hp sharpshooter.

Upvote 0
    1. Zed-Conomy. Great idea, poor execution. Paying $10 for a cosmetic item is beyond ridiculous. Especially considering that weapon DLC in KF1 cost about $8 for 4 new guns. Pricing and drops need a re-work.

2. Teleportation. Been said tons of times by others. Hate it.

3. Camp-heavy Maps. Don't get me wrong, a lot of maps in KF2 look great and are well thought-out. The problem I have is that there are large portions of these maps that are just not being used. Prison specifically comes to mind. Everyone just camps the courtyard. I could list more but we all know what they are. Maybe it's just me but KF2 just feels more camp-heavy than KF1.

Upvote 0
    -The auto-grab, yes it has been said times and times again but I just can't get over it... The game SHOULDN'T force me to do something. If I want to kill the incoming fleshpound before that stupid cyst, then I want to be able to do it.

-The microtransactions. I know that it only contains cosmetic items and that I'm certainly not entitled to purchase anything,but these are the bane of the video game industry... It should at the very least,allow us to find us keys the same way we can find crates.

-The lack of spice with weapons... It is very linear. Unless you get the T4,you'll often have a bad time in the latter waves. In KF1, you had more opportunities. You might be able to fare well with earlier guns if you had a high enough level or if you knew how to play. Now it's very hard to do that... But then again,maybe we'll see how it will play when more guns will be added.

Upvote 0
    Ohh just 3? This is gonna be tuff...

- New setting

What i really love about KF1 was the sp00ks, the music, and lastly... the UK. I guess that game made me into a Anglophile. Started to watch Dr. Who because of it. Just love the british vibe... its no longer the case in KF2.

- Skill tree.
    Seeing everyone on these forums break down statistics for everything, these new perk features, resisitance. Just pick a perk and shoot at the bloody things.
    Like joelfig said, its seems to be more trouble.

- ...Micro?

Maybe, just dont like the key system, it makes me NOT want to spend money. I have play games where only a case/chest/crate/etc is dropped and can be opened without a key. I actually spend money on those games.
    Also KF1 dlc is much better then this games MT.
    Just ditch the keys TW.

Upvote 0
    [*]Door welding, this really need a rework. Prefer that a door can stand up to its health even when weld's health has gone and the door will only be destroyed when the last of its health is gone. e.g: Door has 10k hp, weld has 1k hp, once weld is destroyed; 20k - 1k = 9k left. If the door has less than 1k of health but it's welded, then that is the last weld that the door can sustain and will be destroyed after.

This, and I agree with the suggestion. #MakeDoorsGreatAgain.

2. Zed Knockback, no fun to get instantly moved 10 cm to the left or right when you got that higher priority target in sight. Fine for bigger Zeds, but not thrash.

3. KF1 atmosphere, both the britishness and horror. Creepy voices for the Zeds and more gruesome deaths then just laughing and nomming. (This does not have high priority for me, but it's a big issue. Althou I still like KF2 for what it is).

I disagree about Sprinting, it's fine as is. Add a ingame toggle to sprint and I'd say it's perfect.

Upvote 0

^I really like this suggestion.

Hmm, my least fave things would be:

1. Welding doors.. I just don't use this and depending on what mood I am in it can be annoying or funny if someone's trapping people inside a room on trader time.

2. Camera shake from explosions while attempting headshots. Impossible.

3. Medic darts locking on to previous player healed when you have your aim on a different player (standing next to them). .. Awkward when they die and you could've saved them. Anyone else had that happen?

Last edited:
    Upvote 0
    It's funny that you're talking about the "british" feel of the first game... It was something I found quite amusing and indeed I went on to get to know better a few things (Harold Lott ! And funny accents :D ) . However I have to say that I'm really digging KF2 nevertheless... In the first game, the only specified place was Westlondon ,which was set in... London. All the other maps were just "there" .

Now with each map, we get to see a new european country. It would be a far strech to say that we discover a new land (I doubt Russia looks like a giant prison!) , but it's nice to "travel" a bit while playing. That's definitely something I find interesting : the killing floor universe got bigger , and it could certainly use a story if it wanted to (but it's not needed at all). Saying this, I would love to see places even further away and rarely explored! (Some Asian or Oceanic countries maybe?)

For the rest I can agree though : the grittyness, the music, the horror and the "B-movie about zombies" vibe instead of the "B-movie horror sci-fi" one... I'm not against Sci-fi of any kind (I love it to be fair) , but I feel that it's a big departure from the first game which had a few elements without going too far into sci-fi . Just like the music : I love it in both games , it's just that KF1 did it a little bit better.

Upvote 0
    1. Sprinting. Gave rise to teleportation because players could just endlessly outrun zeds with sprint. Having to take out your basic knife to move faster was very unique and led to interesting decisions, stop dealing damage to move faster or keep sluggishly backpedaling while fighting off the zeds.

2. More drawn out leveling. I liked the grind in KF1 because you actually noticed the boost in power you got from going up a level. Now you only notice it once every 5 levels when you unlock a new skill. Reaching level 6 was such a grand achievement in KF1 because spawning with a perk weapon was so powerful. Now when you reach the highest level in KF2, all you get is a skill that only triggers in ZED time.

3. Game conductor. We shouldn't be punished for doing well. I feel as though the conductor is unnecessary to create balanced gameplay. That should be achieved through proper balance of perks and zeds.

Upvote 0
    1) Sprinting - almost certainly the main reason why the game is much easier now. Pull out the knife to walk faster! ;)

2) Camera shake - I really hope they put in an option to get rid of it, it can get quite nauseating at times. I also don't like the ringing noise you get when you get hit by some enemies, or are low on health.

3) The boss fights - they are too long. I'd much rather kill the boss quickly or die quickly.

That said, although there is of course lots room for improvement

Upvote 0
    1. Sprinting. Gave rise to teleportation because players could just endlessly outrun zeds with sprint. Having to take out your basic knife to move faster was very unique and led to interesting decisions, stop dealing damage to move faster or keep sluggishly backpedaling while fighting off the zeds.

Running faster with knife was unique? Are kidding?:D

Teleporting is not only here to compensate for player speed. And you cannot fire while sprinting either... They could increase the time it takes to ready your weapon after sprinting but it would just make the controls feel sluggish given the pace of higher difficulties.

Last edited:
    Upvote 0