• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What are your feelings on the beta update? (here are mine)

Regarding the dual pistol aiming, it MAY seems weird I admit it, but I think it's a really nice idea.

In KF1, a lot of people was complaining that ironsight was useless with dual pistol because you did not have a gun pointing to the "center" of the screen making it hard to aim.

In KF2, while it may seems lame, by having only one gun in front of you, you can still use ironsight the same way you would with a single gun.

Considering we are going to have a perk focusing on headshot with dual pistol, being able to keep our accuracy is a great thing :)

Hehe YOU'RE WEIRD!! Jokes aside, I actually liked the KF1 iron sights with dualies and as long as I was not trying to shoot long distances I got headshots plenty. Now, well you can get headshots with one pistol but the other one needs to be able to get headshots too!

Upvote 0
Caulk n' Burn does slightly less damage than flamethrower and has 100 ammo less. And smaller gas tank. CnB needs 6 ammo to kill gorefast, that fast bugger, in 5 seconds while flamethrower does it with 4 ammo under 2 seconds. Using CnB can be a bit tricky and needs trigger finger discipline when gorefasts really starts to show up, but it's great when combined with microwave gun.
Microwave gun is too strong, in my opinion. I thought that firebug was meant to be thrash killer, not big zed cooker. Now it looks like that, if you really want to be number one thrash killer, you pick flamethrower and if you want to focus on big zeds while simultaneously doing decent thrash clearing, you take microwave gun. Microwave gun seems to be as strong as AA12, when going against big zeds, but it has way longer reach and bigger clip. AA12's saving grace is that kills thrash faster.
By the way, I find it weird that trader shows M79 and RPG-7 doing as much damage even though RPG is almost twice as powerful.

Upvote 0
Now, well you can get headshots with one pistol but the other one needs to be able to get headshots too!

Both of the pistol aim to the same point : the center of your screen.

The "right" pistol is here to help you aim to this spot.

BTW, does anyone feel that Hans as even more life as before but does less damage ?
And if I understand correctly, hitting him on the back (on his gaz tank) is not a weak spot ?

Upvote 0
As the only really dark TW map, it's meant to be that way.
I really miss having the M32. Demo feels a bit limited without any sort of multi-shot weapon, though I'm sure that will be remedied eventually.
This, and the demo starter is really bad. I'm guessing it becomes okay at 25, but I shouldn't be struggling to kill trash with it, especially since it's a single shot weapon. Stalkers and crawlers should at LEAST be dying from one pellet. It should really be able to kill clumped gorefasts reliably with how small the aoe is and how spread screws up shots further than like ten feet away.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I for one am not happy with some of the changes that have happened in this game. The first thing that i feel they need to change is have the Fleshpounds have their rage timer like in the original so we could potentially stop it from raging. I really really dislike the auto raging of the scrakes and fps when there are less than or 5 zeds remaining.

We don't have the proper perks like sharp to take out scrakes now to begin with and now we have auto raging scrakes its just madness.

Upvote 0
What are your feelings on the beta update?
With all the back and forth and negativity over the past months... all in all, I think it's fair to say: This update was worth waiting for!

There are a lot of balance questions that we already could have been discussing and developing for all this time, but content and quality-wise it's simply up to the high expectations.

I'm also very impressed by the high amount of tweaks and changes TWI made according to the community. Almost anything which came up in this forum during the patch's development has been incorperated - even "minor" details like the explodable husk tanks.

I love Firebug, though the Trench Gun feels a little disappointing despite how cool the fire for it looks.

Have you considered?:

• Trench gun will benefit the most from high-level reload speed bonus.
  • It's the only weapon with unlimmeted range you have.
  • The AoE seems exceptionally large when you keep your distance.
  • You can easily take the damage-boost skill with this later on because you won't need the range upgrade.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Have you considered?:

• Trench gun will benefit the most from high-level reload speed bonus.
  • It's the only weapon with unlimmeted range you have.
  • The AoE seems exceptionally large when you keep your distance.
  • You can easily take the damage-boost skill with this later on because you won't need the range upgrade.

Firebug doesn't have high level reload speed bonus. Trench gun doesn't have unlimited range. The AoE is fine. The only skill that this trench gun works best with is the 70% more burning time.

Upvote 0
Firebug doesn't have high level reload speed bonus. Trench gun doesn't have unlimited range. The AoE is fine. The only skill that this trench gun works best with is the 70% more burning time.

He gets 25% reload bonus on all his weapons, essentially passive tactical reload. Trench gun actually has a surprisingly good range, but the projectiles arc a bit you you have to aim higher the further away you are. Burning time is fantastic with it, no need for heat wave as it does that anyway!

Upvote 0
He gets 25% reload bonus on all his weapons, essentially passive tactical reload. Trench gun actually has a surprisingly good range, but the projectiles arc a bit you you have to aim higher the further away you are. Burning time is fantastic with it, no need for heat wave as it does that anyway!

This.
Although the fuse helps conserving ammo I always swap it for heat wave later on because you can stumble lock FP with the trenchgun that way. (WTF!?)

Upvote 0
Yeah the perks seem to need balancing, a friend of mine says shrapnel can potentially take out 6-10 clots around it, which is what the demo pistol should be doing really.

I love Shrapnel and would hate to see it nerfed. I think it should just come with a negative aspect to keep it more on par with Napalm.

Shrapnel could make the amount of burn damage ZEDs take without active fire drop sharply after a short amount of time for instance while Napalm does the opposite and keeps them burning stronger, just without the exploding.

As for the Trench Gun. I feel like I've said this so many times before but it's a weak piece of junk once you start leveling and getting into the higher difficulties. It benefits from fewer skills forcing you to choose one over the other as a preferred style. Carrying one becomes more of a burden due to the reload time still being long even at 15%-25%. You're far better able to suppress groups and kill in large amounts with the other 3 guns.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I love Shrapnel and would hate to see it nerfed. I think it should just come with a negative to keep it more on par with Napalm.

Shrapnel could make the amount of burn damage ZEDs take without active fire drop sharply after a short amount of time for instance while Napalm does the opposite and keeps them burner stronger, just without the exploding.

As a firebug main who is only level 12, I cannot comment personally on that skill. Trying to mix it up with demo a bit too, hoping he gets power as he levels.

But if a firebug passive skill is blowing up more enemies than a demolitions guy can, there's some kind of issue. I must also say I always found it weird since it was announced that enemies would full-on explode. Melt/fall apart whilst releasing a bunch of flames from their body sure, but *boom* killing stuff around them? Seems weird.

Upvote 0
As a firebug main who is only level 12, I cannot comment personally on that skill. Trying to mix it up with demo a bit too, hoping he gets power as he levels.

But if a firebug passive skill is blowing up more enemies than a demolitions guy can, there's some kind of issue. I must also say I always found it weird since it was announced that enemies would full-on explode. Melt/fall apart whilst releasing a bunch of flames from their body sure, but *boom* killing stuff around them? Seems weird.

It's about 20-30% chance to cause them to explode despite what the skill says, and the explosions aren't particularly powerful. The problem with it is that everything is burning already when the explosions tend to erupt. It's like a huge AoE Finisher on everything that's on Fire and it basically turns your molotovs into MIRVs if you hit a huge group of enemies. I've seen Gorefasts survive the resulting explosion though, and they have a somewhat short radius but still large enough to hit multiple ZEDs.

If the skill can be altered to have a more Firebug-like effect like you suggested, I'd definitely be okay with that because you are right, it's not very Firebug-like to get free explosions and make Demo look like a chump when he's paying for every one of his.

I think making a ZED burst into intense flames and leave a firewall where ever he dies would be a pretty good alternative (like a free short duration molotov). It wouldn't have the instant gratification of Shrapnel but it'd be just as helpful.

Upvote 0