• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What are the current plans for the promised content?

Prax sums what I think, almost to a T. I'm a pre-order InB4Reset, and most of the things they said would be coming, haven't (not going to bringing up the things they misled about either in their dev vids, I'm assuming so they got more sales pre-launch) ....instead they continually shift priorities, I have ADD...and they make me seem "normal" for my ability to bounce from one thing to another. I am interested in a PTO game, but not if the "free content" I was told prior, is now going to be "sorry, time to pay up instead to experiance the full thing"

The way they handled the release/game, is appauling. I might have paid if we were told upfront from the start we would be required to pay, not "free content" to "we found our loop hole to make this something we can charge for" ontop of the lack of anything substantial added since release... I miss being able to attatch/detach the bayo's in game, I miss the variety of vehicles, ect.ect. RO2 seems to depend on the community for making new maps (not talking RO1 rehashes either) bah I give up.... I don't want to sound like a jackass about it, but there is a lot of frustration and anger built up...Wish them luck in whatever they decide to do, I'm just no longer going to be appart of it. /endrant

Upvote 0
17 months since the game has been released = Two Maps and Two Game Modes Nobody Asked for.

I'm pretty sure that people were asking for a new map from TW before the Mamayev Kurgan was released. And It was the action game mode that was developed in there spare time, classic game mode was developed and released because of the community ''cries'' that Realism game mode isn't so hardcore or realistic as Ro:OS

Upvote 0
... And It was the action game mode that was developed in there spare time, classic game mode was developed and released because of the community ''cries'' that Realism game mode isn't so hardcore or realistic as Ro:OS

Well, keep in mind that those community "cries" weren't necessarily for a new game mode, but for a better Realism mode that is similar to what many servers are running 'Custom' settings. I for one didn't want a new game mode, I wanted a mode that is probably halfway between Realism and Classic. It was TWI that went for the separate mode.

Upvote 0
I'm pretty sure that people were asking for a new map from TW before the Mamayev Kurgan was released. And It was the action game mode that was developed in there spare time, classic game mode was developed and released because of the community ''cries'' that Realism game mode isn't so hardcore or realistic as Ro:OS

Actually most who wanted elements from RO1 weren't wanting another game mode. There were things they liked about Realism and just wanted a few tweaks here and there, but instead a new game mode was introduced that missed the mark for most and isn't really being played as much as was expected & further divided the community.

Regardless, yes people were wanting new maps for a while. People were wanting a lot of things for a while, like new weapons, vehicles, etc.

There were whispers of weapons in the works, half tracks, two light tanks... All sorts of stuff, yet in the end only two maps came about.

This is a company that's been around for a few years now with more than one game under their belt (ROCA, RO1, KF, RO2, Dwarfs, Break Blocks, Ball)

Now look at Torn Banner Studios who came from a similar background of modding who only have their original mod and Chivalry under their belt.... Their game isn't even a year old yet they were able to put out a huge update with tons of fixes, new game modes, new maps for those game modes and for existing ones..... And more content such as weapons and new additional features such as environmental hazzards.

During this whole time they were open with the community as to what was going to happen, what exactly was going on, stats, numbers, screenshots, etc. etc.

Both Chivalry and RO2 are UE3 games.... they both offer gaming experiences other developers have either ignored or did wrong. Chivalry has a higher minimum system requirement than RO2 does, yet runs flawlessly on my system with everything maxed out.

RO2?

Like I said, it's now completely unplayable for me because it locks up my entire system to the point of having to power it down at the button, even at the same settings I used to use for my GF 210.... So explain that to me?

What am I supposed to do?

Take my brand new $300+ video card out and put my old hunk of crap back in just so I can play RO2 at 21 fps like before while not being able to play anything else?

Fk that..... I expected a hell of a lot more from Tripwire than this BS and after defending them and holding out on blind faith for so long with little gain, I feel like I and everybody else just had a freshly boiled sausage rammed up our a*ses.

Bouncing back to Torn Banner and Chivalry.... For all their efforts with their game and keeping their community in the loop, not to mention actually listening to their community and doing what they have been asking for.... what has it got them?

A popular game played on average by 7-8 thousand players on an average day, competing with such games as Far Cry 3 and Call of Duty, etc. And a community as devoted, as picky, as protective, as dedicated and as addicted to their favourite game as the RO community used to be.

Now look around here and see the "shell of a former self" this place ended up as.

What's the excuse for those devs who are new to the biz and just released their fist retail game.... And what's the excuse for Tripwire who've been at this a lot longer and should have more experience?

That the UE3 is a whole new beast and more complicated than the UE2? That it takes a lot longer to do things in the UE3?

Funny that Torn Banner's mod was on the Source Engine and this is their first game on the UE3..... Yet ended up with piles more stuff coming out for their game in one single patch in less than one year than what TW has put out there for RO2 in well over a year.

RO2 is more detailed and has more dynamic elements to deal with?

Graphics are about par in my books.... Chiv has locational damage and accurate limb damage effects beyond just bullet hole decals and the random limb severing from explosions, or the protected area cow carcass insta-swap.

Tank physics are complicated? Tank modeling of the interiors are complex and take time to do?

Then maybe they should have simplified things a bit better so they didn't end up biting off more than they could chew..... What's the point in all that modeled detail when it takes 2 years to do one tank??

It sure looks like 2 years by the rate things are going.

I honestly don't care what sort of parroted explanations can be brought up..... There simply is no excuse for how they have conducted themselves and RO2 anymore.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It was my understanding that campaign mode was pretty much finished...

However...

During the public testing it was discovered that the team that was losing would have team members logoff, thus making the outcome even more imbalanced.

Campaign is supposed to have one set team vs. another set team, slugging it out until the end with no automatic "team balance". So when several players from the team on the ropes disconnect, it's not much fun for everyone else who sticks around.

I do not know now much more they would need to do to finish the campaign
but I am Sure not many people would play it .
With the maps we have now favoring one team by so much
most people will not play the campaign
At the least what you would end up having, is all the vets playing one side and all the new players playing the other and just quitting
So in ending, what TWI would end up having to do is re-balancing a lot
maps

Upvote 0
And what does Rising Storm have to do with anything relating to what the OP asked about?

None, it wasn't a response to the OP to begin with. But since Rising storm is the most important reason why the "promised" content hasn't yet appeared. I think I'm still within the boundaries of being somewhat on-topic.

It doesn't negate the fact that RO2 is still not finished.

Perhaps I'm getting into semantics here, but in my opinion a game these days is almost never a finished product, especially one that is mostly multiplayer. Whether you're satisfied with the content so far is upto you.

This was originally going to be a free mod and then TWI decided to take it over and make it into something they can gain profit from, both from new players and the old players who already been shafted by getting RO2 which is yet to be completed or fixed in many areas.

In such a perspective I'd get annoyed as well, and perhaps you're right. Though I still hold a different perspective, I do consider Rising storm to be a part of RO2, and I think the gameplay seen in Rising storm is enough to seperate it from other titles in a similar area.
When I bought RO2 I was fully aware that it would probably take a few years before the game reached it's full potential, such was also the case with RO1.

It's non-content because for me....
.....was told we would be getting.

You can't please everyone right? I for one am waiting for Rising storm to hit the shelves. In my experience, games that seem to have an unappealing theme, can sometimes still be games that you can enjoy quite a lot. Though complaining about having to download/store the new content seems quite trivial to me though.

17 months since the game has been released = Two Maps and Two Game Modes Nobody Asked for.

Please do not speak for other people. I do not hold that opinion, so does that make me a "Nobody"?.

I do agree that TWI's full dedication to Rising Storm, does come across as neglectance of the main game.

Upvote 0
I do agree that TWI's full dedication to Rising Storm, does come across as neglectance of the main game.

they would probaly argue thats it's more content which many have calmored for as it will be available to all - which i suppose in a round about way it is.

So well i agree to some extent they have neglecting RO lets hope the RS is worth the neglect

Upvote 0