• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Wet skins for rainy maps

Apparently it only works when I pause.

a489057c0f.png

Ick, that does not look good at all. Screw it, someone else do this, I can't.

Most likely looks bad because you can only edit the Specular-map (the amount of reflection), as Ro2 dont use gloss-map (Width of the reflection, higher value give small sharp reflections as metal, low value gives a dull texture. Like in this shot...)

Upvote 0
Well the game doesn't use gloss maps lol. We are just saying it's gonna be really hard to get the wet skin looking right without gloss maps. Which are the easiest things to make really. Essentially red = dull and green = bright. A gloss map would get rid of that slimy look.

But the gane doesn't use gloss maps for anything. I doubt there's even a slot in the materiel editor let alone it working if there was one.

What you got there is literally the best we can do.

Upvote 0
Bloody wolverine and the rainy maps. But isn't that map ridiculously long? Longer than bridges?

Otori shima is official now anyways.

LOL. What's wrong with rainy maps? :D

When I made both maps I was thinking of wet uniforms. It was going to be lots of work, so I gave up on the idea. If you look at the tents from Otorishima, they have that effect.

Upvote 0