• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Well it's official....

lol Yeah, well, I think there is a difference in run&gun styles though. I run and gun with a purpose. lol This depends on the the number of players in the game, if they are moving, and how good they play. lol Right now, I'm focused on learning to shoot fast and accurate. I try to practice with the most difficult weapon first. Improve my shooting skills, use cover, work angles, cover/clear areas of the map and push in to the cap zones. Once you learn the map angles, see troop movement, it's easier to cut them off. I'm learning how many I can get before I have to back off and regroup. I'm also learning the hiding spots and people tendencies. lol You got to know when to hold them, know when to walk away and know when to run. lol

One thing in Danzig though, I noticed people tend to go prone all the time in certain areas, many are predictable, it's seems easy to pump fake guys and back door them. lol Funny how the more you play a slow game the faster it starts to feel. lol I consider myself more of a mixed player. I do a little of everything and try to be unpredictable.

I don't think we've made a monster, Floyd, as this is ROOst run 'n gun....and therefore hardly run 'n gun by any other game's standards! On the contrary, it is more of a krieg tactic, using mobility and on-the-spot accuracy to put pressure on otherwise impenetrable enemy positions and allow for the main troops to get an uperhand. Of course, it requires coordination with others and some teamwork, but having a few troops get behind the enemy lines or take out a mg can be extremely useful.

Upvote 0
Give me a break guys. I was just yanking wahoo4's chain. He knows it.;)
I remember when he'd quit out of frustration because he couldn't hit anyone or anything. He'd keep asking what the netcode tweaks were because he was sure there was something wrong with his. Even with us prodding him on and giving him tips, it was discouraging to him. Now look at him....:IS2:

....Funny how the more you play a slow game the faster it starts to feel. lol I consider myself more of a mixed player. I do a little of everything and try to be unpredictable.
Glad you stuck with it!

Upvote 0
Glad you stuck with it!

Now we need to baptise him in the vat of the holy engine grease to form his alliegance and give his praise to the divine machine-spirit of the IS-2.

"Consider Iosif Stalin II. Let your soul be armoured with Faith. Let your soul be driven by the engine of Courage. Let your soul be guided by the tracks which overcome all obstacles. Let your soul be armed by the cannon of Purity, the rear-mounted machinegun of Zeal and the Degtyaryov of Honour."

:IS2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Give me a break guys. I was just yanking wahoo4's chain. He knows it.;)
I remember when he'd quit out of frustration because he couldn't hit anyone or anything. He'd keep asking what the netcode tweaks were because he was sure there was something wrong with his. Even with us prodding him on and giving him tips, it was discouraging to him. Now look at him....:IS2:

Glad you stuck with it!

lol ;) I know your holding out on me with the tweaks. :eek: When you going to get to play Floyd? Been looking for ya in TS! :confused::)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Now we need to baptise him in the vat of the holy engine grease to form his alliegance and give his praise to the divine machine-spirit of the IS-2.

"Consider Iosif Stalin II. Let your soul be armoured with Faith. Let your soul be driven by the engine of Courage. Let your soul be guided by the tracks which overcome all obstacles. Let your soul be armed by the cannon of Purity, the rear-mounted machinegun of Zeal and the Degtyaryov of Honour."

:IS2:

techpriest.jpg

aah, a challenge worthy of my skills...

Reactions: kol
Upvote 0