• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Welcome to the RO: Heroes of Stalingrad Forums

I use my mouse for just about everything. I use no more than 6 keys on my keyboard and 3 of them are for voice.

I use my middle mouse button to move forward and to switch weapons by scrolling. Everything else is on the mouse, fire, reload, use, iron site. I actually do 90% of my play with a single finger believe it or not. I only EVER play with a bolt action unless it's a tank map.

I don't need to check the map I know them off by heart and besides I'm always in the zones so no need - if it's a new map I only need to play it once and I know the routes to them off by heart - it's all about situational awareness...

I'll know when reinforcments are out when I can't spawn anymore.

Crtl and Shift and (Insert or 0 on the numpad) are the only other 3 keyboard I use - for run=shift and crouch=ctrl and prone=numpad 0. Sure there are the default keys that are set but I don't need them or use them.

I don't jump or dive, this game is not for bunny hopping and no I don't melee, if you get that close then you got me unless a hip shot gets ya first.

A lot of what you mentioned are default keys they are set but I don't need or use them to play the game.

Not only that COD is on consoles and has just as many functions or more than RO does and most of what keys are in RO are never used at least by me anyway.

Most controllers for consoles have about 14 buttons total then you have combos which then takes that up to like 56 keys per say, simple math. (4) regular buttons, start, pause, that's (2), (4) way D-pad this can be (8) if you use angles, then you have (2) sticks that you can press then you have (4) buttons on top, so there may be a total of say 64 keys... Who the hell needs that???

Fire, reload, bayonet/bi-pod, change barrel, switch fire mode, iron sights, lean left, lean right, crouch, prone, toggle crouch, sprint, change sight range, talk, team talk, vehicle talk, activate microphone, voice commands, use, drop weapons, give ammo.

Mouse + 6 keys? Really?

It must really limit your game, can't lean, can't communicate, can't help your comrades, can't change your weapon, can't switch position in a vehicle, can't melee (which can happen, especially on the new zerg maps). Also, in a lot of maps you need to jump to clear some obstacles or else you have to got he long way round.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well considering I'm on top about 85-90% of the time on my team when I play, I can honestly say NO it doesn't hinder my play.

Secondly you obviously didn't read my post closely, there are default keys in game that are set period. All the things you posted, if you read my post, would know, are NOT needed. BOLT ONLY!!!

NO MELEE - no need for bayo

And with everything I use is more than enough help for the team and for my gameplay (So you obviously NEVER played with or against the CLOWN)

So everything you just posted is NOT needed except maybe a lean here or there which are default keys at Q and W.

I just don't use them all and I don't need them to play normally, but the poster stated 25 keys, holy cow what game is that for and to bind to a controller, it's been done over and over again in FPS on consoles (NOTHING NEW).

I have a 5 button mouse and like 6 keys on the keyboard needed for me to play normally.

I don't drop weapons, and the USE key which is on my mouse is for resupply as well as doing most of the stuff you mentioned.

I do use voice, 3 keys period, I-O-P, I=team, O= hold to speak, P=public.

You also must be new to the game to not know about my style and gameplay and the wrath the CLOWN brings???

I'm on almost every night on TWB "Old Glory" East Coast 50 Player feel free to come and see the CLOWN in action and believe me you'll HEAR ME rallying the troops and on VOICE 99% of the time and yes using one finger my thumb on my 5 button mouse and the use of 6 keys on the keyboard...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well considering I'm on top about 85-90% of the time I play, I can honestly say NO it doesn't hinder my play.

Secondly you obviously didn't read my post closely, there are default keys in game that are set period. All the things you posted, if you read my post, would know, are NOT needed. BOLT ONLY!!!

And with everything I use is more than enough help for the team and for my gameplay (So you obviously NEVER played with or against the CLOWN)

So everything you just posted is NOT needed except maybe a lean here or there which are default keys at Q and W.

I just don't use them all and I don't need them to play normally, but the poster stated 25 keys, holy cow what game is that for and to bind to a controller, it's been done over and over again in FPS on consoles (NOTHING NEW).

I have a 5 button mouse and like 6 keys on the keyboard needed for me to play normally.

I don't drop weapons, and the USE key which is on my mouse is for resupply as well as doing most of the stuff you mentioned.

You also must be new to the game or this forum to not know about my style and gameplay and the wrath the CLOWN brings???

I'm on almost every night on TWB "Old Glory" East Coast 50 Player feel free to come and see the CLOWN in action and believe me you'll HEAR ME rallying the troops and on VOICE 99% of the time...

Lol, sorry I'm not one of your personal followers here so I don't know details of your playstyle or wrath :( Also, playing since before retail.

No, you don't NEED 25 functions to play the game but I certainly like them and I find they improve and add depth to the game. By your standards I could play the game with just W,A,S,D and Left mouse but I wouldn't have any fun :(

I would also disagree with the claim that there are games on consoles that have as many or more functions than RO. I cannot think of a single one. If you know of one, let me know and list the functions if you would.
Now, I'm not saying that it can't be done, it could be done. I'm just saying I don't know of any examples.

Upvote 0
I would also disagree with the claim that there are games on consoles that have as many or more functions than RO. I cannot think of a single one. If you know of one, let me know and list the functions if you would.

Just about every fighting game can have upwards of 100+ combos and buttons configured and sorry I don't play my Xbox360 but anyone that does can easily attest to several games that easily do and could list them for you.

COD and the BF games alone have more than enough buttons and configurations for the controller to accommodate RO and ROHOS on consoles.

I also don't see how hitting more buttons can make the game that much more satisfying??? Less is always more and I obviously prove that!!! Too bad, you should join the CLOWN bandwagon it alone could improve your play... :p

A single button (Example: Use) can do 5 things alone without any other configuration.

RO or their new version including Killing Floor could easily end up on consoles and it would only make sense.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Well considering I'm on top about 85-90% of the time on my team when I play, I can honestly say NO it doesn't hinder my play.

Considering 85-90% of these boards are 85-90% of the time in the top 85%-90% on a pub server, so what?

And the wild bunch? lol...

How hard can it be to get to the top with 85-90% of the server having an an IQ 85-90% lower than the normal person...

Upvote 0
How hard can it be to get to the top with 85-90% of the server having an an IQ 85-90% lower than the normal person...
It's funny how people post things like that but I never seem to see them playing anywhere, let alone on those so called easy pub servers???

I use CLOWN shoes to dance. Much easier to step all over those low IQ folks on the pub servers you speak of. Must take a genius to play up to your standards, have you even gotten out of High School yet???

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's funny how people post things like that but I never seem to see them playing anywhere, let alone on those so called easy pub servers???

I use CLOWN shoes to dance. Much easier to step all over those low IQ folks on the pub servers you speak of. Must take a genius to play up to your standards, have you even gotten out of High School yet???

Lol everytime I play with you your hiding in a corner or under a table in the capzone. Your not very good at all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lol everytime I play with you your hiding in a corner or under a table in the capzone. Your not very good at all.

Exactly and that's what puts you on top 85-90% of the time, and usually half my points are kills, that's how the game is played and you can't play it any better, the game is about killing and capping and that's just what I do. At least your post tells me something, you are in the zones too...:D I should be a poet most of that whole paragraph rhymes...

If the game was based on sitting outside the cap zones and dinging people then I'd be tops of that too, doesn't really matter it's the way the game was created and that's the way I play it. What is your definition of good in this game or any game for that matter. Besides I never said anything about being good, now being the BEST that is another story...:p:p:p

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Usually when I think no one else is in the cap yet clown is always already there trying to urge everyone else on over the mic to get there now! :D

It is all about teamwork and I do my best at that as well, with the old play by play from the cap zones. My PORTAL hack always puts me in the heat of battle right in the middle of the cap zones, just spawn and hit PORTAL button, oh no that makes 7 keys on the keyboard now and bingo in cap zone...:p

I'm laying under that table or behind that door because that is where the PORTAL places me, so I can announce to those what is going on within the zones...

Some folks are just way too serious in here... LOL:D:D:D I still love yall...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

You also must be new to the game to not know about my style and gameplay and the wrath the CLOWN brings???

I'm on almost every night on TWB "Old Glory" East Coast 50 Player feel free to come and see the CLOWN in action and believe me you'll HEAR ME rallying the troops and on VOICE 99% of the time and yes using one finger my thumb on my 5 button mouse and the use of 6 keys on the keyboard...

You're not on top 90 percent of the time....I shoot you too often for that. :D

I think everyone reconfigures their keys/mouse to what serves them best. I do mine the same way I've done it since Doom and Doom2 days waaaaaaay too long ago to date myself. (Then again, I think the 73 dates me already LOL)
Just think, 2010 is only 8 months away! Then we can all prove our key configs to each other by killing each other and bragging. :p

Last edited:
Upvote 0