• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Welcome to the RO: Heroes of Stalingrad Forums

^Unreal3 supports destroiable envoirments right ?...awee i just pictrue it like a devastated street with building sides crumble..ect...

I dont think we'll get that level of destruction, tbh i'll be happy if we a full penetration modeling of bullets and some destruction of stuff like fences. If we do any better than that i'll be shocked.

Btw is the level of dynamic destruction blacklabel is talking about even possible in the a multiplayer game or any game for that matter on the scale of RO in UE3.

Upvote 0
I think a modern warfare game would be a bad idea considering COD: Modern Warfare 2, ARMA II, Operation Flashpoint, Battlefield Bad Company 2, and Battlefield 3 (which is rumored to be modern warfare once again) are all on the horizon. Korea or Vietnam would be interesting, but you cannot go wrong with World War Two. I have not seen anything on the horizon in regards to new WW2 FPS games, so RO2 will be the place to go.

Upvote 0
I've already got the game.

HOS_title.jpg

Upvote 0
Perhaps the focus will be primarily on Stalingrad, but Tripwire will release further content focusing on other areas, using Heroes of Stalingrad as a base. It's a possibility, but as Blacklabel stated, I think it'd be pretty good to focus on one thing. It allows for more detail and accuracy. If there's anything that Red Orchestra was missing, it was absolute immersion. I mean it was there, just not as much as there could have been. Hopefully with the new engine, there will be much more room for that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Perhaps the focus will be primarily on Stalingrad, but Tripwire will release further content focusing on other areas, using Heroes of Stalingrad as a base. It's a possibility, but as Blacklabel stated, I think it'd be pretty good to focus on one thing. It allows for more detail and accuracy. If there's anything that Red Orchestra was missing, it was absolute immersion. I mean it was there, just not as much as there could have been. Hopefully with the new engine, there will be much more room for that.
Stalingrad will be big enough for this game, if they make every battle zone into a map. :D

Upvote 0