• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Weird performance since Survivalist update

Franky

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 15, 2015
Hello,

Since the last preview Update i get bad Performance between Waves and on some other random moments. (like 10-15 FPS for some seconds but also more than an half minute). Never got that performance Issues before this Updates. I really wish you can fix this with the next Update. I have a GeForce GTX780

Here is also a Discussion about this, to claim i'm not the only one who expierence this: http://steamcommunity.com/app/232090/discussions/1/224446614462739080/

- franky

Reactions: Chimpster
I just had this exact same experience. The weird thing was that yesterday I played a few multiplayer games with zero issues. I just played a solo game where there were a couple hiccups mid wave then for a good 20 seconds the frame rate became a slide show. I have a GTX 1070 so definitely no problems on my end.

Not that this probably matters but the map was Prison. There were maybe four or five zeds in the open yard area (some clots and a bloat). I used the caulk n burn but the frame rate dip was not tied to my usage of it (was perfectly fine for the first part of the wave) and didn't go back up when I wasn't using it. It was the first wave on a Normal 10 wave game so number of zeds couldn't be a factor either. Was playing as Survivalist.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I also had my settings on Ultra with Flex (gibs only which never impacted my game at all with my 1070 previously no matter what was taking place on screen. Fluids tanks the frame rate so I don't use it) and playing at 1920x1200. I'll reiterate though that there basically wasn't anything going on anyway when it happened. Flex fluids only impacts my frame rate when a ton of stuff is going on so even if it was enabled it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Last edited:
Upvote 0