• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Weapon loadout

Pikachu

Aug 20, 2016
Well, since things seem to be so quiet around here I thought I would liven things up with a quick question: Will available weapons be affected depending on historical location or time frame? For example in ro: ost you wouldnt have panzerschrecks or mg 42 on maps that take place in stalingrad.

Thom430;n2277500 said:
I doubt it, based on the fact that you can use 30-round magazine on the M16. Those simply weren't standard issue in Vietnam, a handful made it to SEALs and the like.
is that true? pls no.

Pikachu;n2277514 said:
Aw maaaaan, I thought we had moved on from sketchy protypes and limited supply being part of standard loadout (axis having a ****ton of mkbs anyone?).

the mk42b bothers me a lot for the same reasons. The mount of ammo it gets also bothers me. IRL even when the STG44 became a produced rifle most infantry were lucky to get 3 mags. Most only got one mag. but you get what, 6 mags in RO2? Same thing goes for the SVT40 having like 9 magazines. Then you get the twin stick MP40 which weren't that common and were really unreliable. Then they added the MG42, which I still think the MG34 is a better all around weapon. The MG42 just gets some funny kills because of its high fire rate.

RS got it pretty bad with japs having a bunch of nambu 100 SMGs and everyone having type 14 pistols or 1911 pistols which were reserved for only certain roles like RO2 did with pistols. Oddly enough they didn't add the P08 but added the fully auto C96.

I was kind of hoping with a different team working on it there would be less of the battlefield syndrome. These guys should watch forgotten weapons, then again they'd see all the prototypes he reviews and want to find a way to add them to the game. Keep it simple man. Hopefully we won't see weapon level ups outside of dirtiness(which I hope they bring that back).

Upvote 0
living;n2278207 said:
is that true? pls no.

the mk42b bothers me a lot for the same reasons. The mount of ammo it gets also bothers me. IRL even when the STG44 became a produced rifle most infantry were lucky to get 3 mags. Most only got one mag. but you get what, 6 mags in RO2? Same thing goes for the SVT40 having like 9 magazines. Then you get the twin stick MP40 which weren't that common and were really unreliable. Then they added the MG42, which I still think the MG34 is a better all around weapon. The MG42 just gets some funny kills because of its high fire rate.

RS got it pretty bad with japs having a bunch of nambu 100 SMGs and everyone having type 14 pistols or 1911 pistols which were reserved for only certain roles like RO2 did with pistols. Oddly enough they didn't add the P08 but added the fully auto C96.

I was kind of hoping with a different team working on it there would be less of the battlefield syndrome. These guys should watch forgotten weapons, then again they'd see all the prototypes he reviews and want to find a way to add them to the game. Keep it simple man. Hopefully we won't see weapon level ups outside of dirtiness(which I hope they bring that back).

I'm in the Beta and can confirm that 30-rounders are in

Upvote 0