• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design We pushed out and SDK update today

Thanks for the maps everyone. We've identified a problem with texture mips and texture streaming. It appears this was a side effect of our SDK patch last week to compress maps and reduce filesize. Since filesize is also important we're still looking into a fix. It's unclear why compressed packages did not show these errors in the old file system.

uhh i feel, that my maps arent so small after fix, as they are now and i need still to work with 2 packages. ^^ however, keep up the work :) thanks for the bug fixing!

Upvote 0
uhh i feel, that my maps arent so small after fix, as they are now and i need still to work with 2 packages. ^^ however, keep up the work :) thanks for the bug fixing!

What about using one or more separate packages? I can remember that there were problems with custom packages (workshop redirection or something). Is that still the case?

Upvote 0
What about using one or more separate packages? I can remember that there were problems with custom packages (workshop redirection or something). Is that still the case?

i would love to have everything in 1 package. my map, my custom assets and the rest. But with all in 1 package and my knowledge from a while ago, it was far to big. so i needed to put it in 2 packages. There were some Problems, but i think at all it worked fine. But isnt it much cooler, to have everything in 1? ^^
the point is, my second package is a custom package. If some people, do not donwload it, they get visual errors on the map. And cause the people starting to stop learning how things work, i try help them :D

Upvote 0
Hopefully we get a patch real soon! Custom maps will help keep all the new players around a bit longer.

As there ain't that many custom map servers out there and Server Admins have enough to deal with the added vehicles and Maggot Hill.
The new players have enough to enjoy. They only have some blurry textures and for the rest all is new so they wont cry "I want new maps" that soon.

Upvote 0
My map size went from 200mb to 100mb, why would I use sarcasm? I hope it stays like this after the fix.

Sarcasm becasue the compression is what is causing the dropped textures. Seriously, I though you were making a funny :/

I can't see the file size dropping any lower than what it was before, unless you're happy with blurry textures and black light maps. Now I'm being sarcastic :p

As there ain't that many custom map servers out there and Server Admins have enough to deal with the added vehicles and Maggot Hill.
The new players have enough to enjoy. They only have some blurry textures and for the rest all is new so they wont cry "I want new maps" that soon.

Well, some of those "new players" are ppl that have been waiting for transports. Guess that means there needs to be some custom maps that use transports... therefore it doesn't matter anyways whether we get the SDK fixxored soon or not.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We are testing a fix now. We hope to have it out later today.

As a bit of a heads up we are likely shutting down the forums in a bit (or setting them into read only mode) as we will be doing a forum upgrade. So keep an eye on the Official Game Group, social media, or just pester me on Steam.

More info: This is a fix for the ground textures and some of the related issues. However we are still looking into the low res rock (it looks like its related but not directly related).

Upvote 0
Still having a few issues with some low quality textures and shadows.

Also still have a texture missing from a foliage mesh applied in a terrain set up layer. I'm using the props_ destruction_ brick rubble mesh (the one with 4 bricks) and the texture isn't displaying; just the default blue/ gray checkerboard. I tried deleting the layer and rebuilding it but have the same result. In the editor the texture appears as it should but it gets lost when brewed.

Upvote 0