• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

We are testing Search and Destroy Gameplay all this week

Are you guys serious? Why does EVERY thread have to turn into this discussion? If you aren't happy with RO2 then don't play it, stop lamenting the fact that TWI didn't make the game that you wanted ffs. Complaining serves no purpose at all. Why do you still post in this forum if you think the game is so bad?

Upvote 0
If enough people voice their opinions (whether You like them or not) perhaps it could persuade TWI to listen to them.

If the only posts that TWI were to see were from "YES" men whose lips were constantly puckered, they wouldn't be getting the right kind of feedback.

Of course, HOW you say your opinion is important too, and could influence whether people listen to you or not, or even argue back :p

Upvote 0
On the topic,

I did get to playtest in the Beta yesterday. The mode is not really something I would play if Territory is available. Rounds are too short etc and I felt rushed to not play careful.

BUT what I noticed was that the objectives were always the same. Won't the maps get stale fighting over the same small section of the map? Is there any thought to having the objectives move to different spots on the map between rounds? This way players have to constantly adjust their tactics and the maps won't start to play out the same round after round...

Upvote 0
In 'the game that shall not be named' werent the objectives always in the same place? The thing is, the maps were specifically designed for that gamemode, whereas here we got modified maps. It would be cool to have the same complete maps, but random Objective points, like we now have the random MG nests appear, but size of map adjusted by number of players, but I know that could be a lot of work to do.

Upvote 0
If enough people voice their opinions (whether You like them or not) perhaps it could persuade TWI to listen to them.

If the only posts that TWI were to see were from "YES" men whose lips were constantly puckered, they wouldn't be getting the right kind of feedback.

Of course, HOW you say your opinion is important too, and could influence whether people listen to you or not, or even argue back :p
Oh don't get me wrong, I absolutely agree with what you're saying on community input and feedback being useful. But in every single god damn thread, relevant or not, someone decides to bring up every issue and complaint that they have in the game as if we haven't heard it hundreds of times before. This community really grinds my gears.

Upvote 0
Why don't just ban from this forums players which constantly complain about this game ?

I speak seriously, make critical in a good way is important to give a feedback and help to improve a game, but just jump here and clame "I don't play this game anymore" and at the same time say "this game mode will not bring me back", it's just a pain for everybody !

What is the meaning of all of this ? Why can't you just let go, and get a new game that you enjoyed instead of burning all of our new thread ?

If this guys don't know how to contain themself I ask to Twi moderators to do it for them.

By the way I wish a good launch to the S&D mode, I personnaly prefer CD but I will follow very carefully this new mode. ;)

Upvote 0
Why don't just ban from this forums players which constantly complain about this game ?

I speak seriously, make critical in a good way is important to give a feedback and help to improve a game, but just jump here and clame "I don't play this game anymore" and at the same time say "this game mode will not bring me back", it's just a pain for everybody !

What is the meaning of all of this ? Why can't you just let go, and get a new game that you enjoyed instead of burning all of our new thread ?

If this guys don't know how to contain themself I ask to Twi moderators to do it for them.

By the way I wish a good launch to the S&D mode, I personnaly prefer CD but I will follow very carefully this new mode. ;)

I will requote:

Again, the manner which criticism is all said is important, but players and past players see what the game could have been. A lot of people really do feel that the overall 'direction' of the game/franchise is slowly leaving them behind and there really isn't much else out there. Speaking for myself, there is no other FPS out there and the more 'mainstream' this game heads, the more it leaves me 'high and dry.' If I and others don't voice our opinions, how will TWI know what some of the players are thinking?

You have to take the bad along with the good.

Upvote 0

Opinions are like assholes...:rolleyes:

This alone should exclude you from beign staff in any ladder...geez.

Also judging from your joindate ( and steam account...) you never really played ro1 so..please...**** ***.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Opinions are like assholes...:rolleyes:

This alone should exclude you from beign staff in any ladder...geez.

Also judging from your joindate ( and steam account...) you never really played ro1 so..please...**** ***.

I would avoid accusing people of not being around for RO1 because they wern't signed on the forum at some date, I've been playing RO since the mod days and I only signed onto this when RO2 was coming out.

Upvote 0

Running around banning people for critical even tactless critical is BAD. VARY VARY bad in a niche market place. Ro2 is over all good. But its a juggle as a commercial product. You can not and never will make everyone happy. But voice constructive feed back...so long as tactful whats the harm. I want to see S&D out there. Its just another option to go play or not from a totally selfish perspective.

If someone is taking the time to post stuff on a game forum about this or that it means they are using the game. Maybe a few this or that they dont like about it, but they still play it.

If I where to make my ideal semi tactical fps game I dont know how many people would like the thing. But I am not a game developer. NO employees and a company to stay in business. Those are high stakes, so playing it a bit safe is pretty much a no brainier. Working within what would be currently viable in the post A.D.D. COD clone market is where we find RO2/RS IMO. 10 years ago (with current tech) I think RO2 would be a bit different game. And probably a better game. Hell after COD and bf 2309712309 I dont even think counter strike would have made a dent in the fps world if made now instead of 13 years back. Damn I am getting old. Played CS day 1 of beta 1 with p266 and voodoo 12mb voodoo 2. Does that mean I get a cookie? Who cares.

And yes I totally missed out on RO1. Never played it. During that period I was more occupied with pressing things. What of it? Does that mean I am not entitled to post stuff?

Gawd I hate the flamer AND apartments. :p

Upvote 0
Steamaccount ;)

and there is no other reason for switching them than a VAC infraction.

Hah well hear this!

I made my first steam account to buy RO1(warishell is the actual name of the account with some numbers), and actually lost access to it, it is registered under another email which is now used by someone else, anyway pretty messed up, would be cool to get it back valve! :). Just saying steam accounts don't mean everything either. Also if I remember correctly time spent on games were not registered when RO1 came out ;)

Upvote 0