• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

We are currently beta testing a new RO 2 patch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've noticed something about CBQ (with smg's) hitreg. If you use burst fire instead of spray, it register the hits. I've tried countless times spraying when in CBQ and the bullets dont register, but when i burst they die 99% of the time.

I have tried countless times to tell TWI about this issue also... they just don't acknowledge it..

HINT: try running a autohotkey script that hits the button on, off, on, off as if you were clicking it (instead of holding it down).. this could solve the issue somewhat... but there are still hit reg issues.

@TWI, fix hit reg and ping issues in next patch PLEASE!, thank you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@TWI

Maybe you should just allow the server admins to adjust the roles to their liking?

just a thought.

-plex

This for ranked servers. As long as its within reason I don't see why server admins should be able to set between 2-4 ER and 2-6 assault on a 64 man server. So for GE you could go with 5 assault, but Red October Factory has 3 per team. This should be extended to other classes so maybe you can turn marksman (0-3 options) off for appartments, but add in an extra for Fallen Fighters. I'd like to see a lot more customization options for server admins including possible determining who gets pistols. So a server admin could set Riflemen could have pistols, but Assault/ER get none. I know it may not be the most realistic, but its let server admins choose and customize their realism since hardcore realism servers can still turn down all classes, turn up rifles and give very few classes pistols. While more casual servers can incentives rifleman play with the pistol and turn down Assault/ER numbers.

Thanks for the beta patch changes though!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
We've found an issue with taking over a bot or even picking up his weapon that will cause hit detection issues. However we still cannot replicate any further hit detection issues that are not latency based (as the problem).

We are looking into what is causing our latency spikes as we had servers stable running 64 players before. It is part of our performance passes on the game (as is the majority of this patch).

Code and QA are working almost non stop to isolate different performance issues across various hardware and minimize if not remove any harmful effects to gameplay from them (such as fps loss and stuttering). I think I've mentioned it before, but I also maintain a top bugs list internally that consists of a "Top 10" bugs as well as a further 15 or 20 that will likely take their place when one of the "Top 10" gets addressed. Along the way as different system are looked at other bugs get fixed as well as the team moves through the list (often times bugs or code that is causing them can lead to multiple issues, or another bug needs to be fixed first to try and find a root cause of something else).

The following is probably a preview of my "what we are working on" post for next week.

One of the main things we are looking into at the start of this upcoming week is the router issue where players either 1) Can't get any servers, 2) Can get them, but they get an incomplete list and it stops and never updates again, 3) Their internet connection gets disrupted by trying to obtain the server list.

We also believe we've identified several more causes of hitching and FPS drop and are looking into them. So work will continue in this area until we've got them cleared up. I'll hopefully have something more to add to this as Monday/Tuesday roles around.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Upvote 0
We've found an issue with taking over a bot or even picking up his weapon that will cause hit detection issues. However we still cannot replicate any further hit detection issues that are not latency based (as the problem).

We are looking into what is causing our latency spikes as we had servers stable running 64 players before. It is part of our performance passes on the game (as is the majority of this patch).

Code and QA are working almost non stop to isolate different performance issues across various hardware and minimize if not remove any harmful effects to gameplay from them (such as fps loss and stuttering). I think I've mentioned it before, but I also maintain a top bugs list internally that consists of a "Top 10" bugs as well as a further 15 or 20 that will likely take their place when one of the "Top 10" gets addressed. Along the way as different system are looked at other bugs get fixed as well as the team moves through the list (often times bugs or code that is causing them can lead to multiple issues, or another bug needs to be fixed first to try and find a root cause of something else).

The following is probably a preview of my "what we are working on" post for next week.

One of the main things we are looking into at the start of this upcoming week is the router issue where players either 1) Can't get any servers, 2) Can get them, but they get an incomplete list and it stops and never updates again, 3) Their internet connection gets disrupted by trying to obtain the server list.

We also believe we've identified several more causes of hitching and FPS drop and are looking into them. So work will continue in this area until we've got them cleared up. I'll hopefully have something more to add to this as Monday/Tuesday roles around.

Have a good weekend everyone.
Thanks for the update! Hopefully you guys can get these nasty technical issues out of the way soon so that attention can then be turned to gameplay changes. Keep us posted!

Upvote 0
After playing the beta, the server browser in the retail shows only the beta servers. Any idea how to fix?

(This is not the common server browser bug most people have. I've never had any troubles with the ingame browser)

**Edit** whoops...found the answer in another thread.

Would have been nice if you pointed to this "another thread"..

Reactions: aD.Luoson
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.