• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] War Thunder

Ah, well hearing this makes me feel better. I download the game, can't wait to try it. I hope they get their vision going, having player control tanks and ground forces as well.

Looks to me they are competing or will be competing with Wargaming.net (World of Tanks), but they are taking a different approach it seems. Aircraft first, and I have to say their attention to detail and content seems to be much better than wargaming's.

Upvote 0
no one playing?

War Thunder team is pleased to congratulate the players on the anniversary of the victory in the Battle of Stalingrad, and has prepared for you a pleasant
from 04:00 (GMT +4) on February 2, 06:00 (GMT +4) on February 4
+50% experience gain
— 25% of cost for all German and Soviet planes except premium
-25% of cost for Soviet premium aircraft I-153P, I-16 type 28, P-39K-1
The historic mission of

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Looks interesting. How does the flight model and damage model compare to that of il2 1946?

On full realism people often have a hard time getting engines started and properly taking off.

That said, a lot of planes are still incomplete and borrow characteristics from others. Damage can disrupt or disable flight controls and if hit in the right spot, can completely shear wings or the fuselage, or even detonate the engine. Holes in your plane from excessive hits cause it to fly worse because of the screwed up aerodynamics. Backwash from oil leaks can cover the cockpit canopy. It's pretty intensive.

Recently a lot of bombers became much more vulnerable for some reason, but they were probably too resilient before.

Upvote 0
Wilsonam
Have to admit I've been tooling around with it for a few hours. Last couple of days I seemed to be meeting nothing but FW190s and equivalents. Bit of a bastard to take on with my poor Gladiator, or even Hurri Mk I...
Yes. There is a problem right now. Balancer of matches seems to work poorly or not work at all. Sometime it will be fixed. Just need more players for his good work.

Upvote 0
Wilsonam
Yes. There is a problem right now. Balancer of matches seems to work poorly or not work at all. Sometime it will be fixed. Just need more players for his good work.

Followed today by meeting a pair of Me-262s while I was gaining altitude in my poor little Blenheim. I started with a nice height advantage, but that lasted about 30 seconds. At least one of them was prowling around, practically untouchable, most of the round. Bastard!

Upvote 0
Followed today by meeting a pair of Me-262s while I was gaining altitude in my poor little Blenheim. I started with a nice height advantage, but that lasted about 30 seconds. At least one of them was prowling around, practically untouchable, most of the round. Bastard!

I once participated in a fun battle. This was Korea. Last Russian Mig-15, we have 5 aircraft. Can not catch up with him and he was not about to give up of course :D We decided to cooperate and wait for him near landing strip when he goes to refuel. And he did it, he flew low, about 600-800 meters. I attacked him with my Airacobra(р-39) on top with the excess of about 1500 meters in a dive. The second member of the team in airacobra(p-63) attacked from the rear-top. I just caught it slightly and went upstairs, my teammate set him on fire after a hit of 37 millimeter. It was great.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Love the game just bought a BF-110. Has anyone found any info/screens of the ground and naval combat?
From roadmap on the warthunder.com:
The earliest changes:
personal statistics;
squadrons (clans);
enhanced game balancer;
new missions, locations and game modes;
major update, new menu and interface;
furter FM corrections;
new aircrafts (check the Release Tree section);
update of the economic model;

Other updates:
new languages localization;
control over ground vehicles and battle ships;
tournaments;
player's missions, and full mission editor;
game mode

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Today, two great dates!

1. 100th anniversary of the birth pilot-ace, second by peformance of the anti-Hitler coalition. First man three times Hero of the Soviet Union - Alexander Pokryshkin. He flew on the Mig-3 and P-39 Airacobra with number "100".

2. Patch 1.29 released.

In honor of this event, administrator from forum War Thunder prepared a small movie- "I`m the 100-th".
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jbjsy1j9PQw
(voice-over Pokryshkin)

*i recommend watching with subtitles*

Im downloading patch right now, sooo slowly :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0