• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Waffen ss skins

I just now tuned into this official thread and....wowzers! Awesome stuff going on. I can't wait to see these in the game. Guiliano, we'll have to push hard for these on the 2.FJg servers :D My favorite is that squad leader lookin guy holding the mp40; brilliant! Keep up the hard work.

PS - That Otto guy... My little niece and nephews behave better than him lol

Upvote 0
Definitely some high quality work and a lot of time and effort put into these models, you guys are doing a great job and hope to see them in game soon. On a side note any plans for doing Soviet Models? I think it would be a good idea.

we already have soviet models genius, the current ones look detailed/realistic.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

No, genius. The Russian models are wearing cavalry insignia and have epaulettes, which is neither realistic or historically accurate. Plus who is to say there aren't any more Russian skins we might need later on? What about to post 1943 Russian uniforms? What about the telogreika being an alternate winter Russian skin? Snow suits?

You don't have to be rude just because someone doesn't elaborate on their first post.

Upvote 0

Otto, I'm sure you will call me a bunch of names in response, but please be respectful of others on this forum. People from all over the world look at these threads and some of them have not spent much time on here so they aren't aware of everything that is going on. Try contributing some useful input to the conversations or you will probably continue to find yourself being ridiculed and complained about again and again.

Just a thought, but do as you wish.

Upvote 0
Waffen SS skins wont ever be added and that I know for a fact because they are already done, the models have been completed long ago, its dead. They look cool but its a shame they are not IG.

Another guy just recently made a Waffen-SS skin(here), and adding in stuff for RO2 is a real ***** apparently. I know Warishell, and last time I spoke with him he was still working on it.

Have some patience, these things take a lot of time and people do it with their free time.

Upvote 0
Okay i'm guessing an update on the situation is needed:

Just so people know the skins have been tested in singleplayer and work, the issue at that moment was getting it to work in multiplayer which is now resolved.

Another issue though, has creeped up since this and i'm having alot of difficulty fixing it.
The code is there, the're is an issue with either the models themselves or the way I imported them into the SDK. Fixing this is painstaking I tell you.

This plus the fact that I have very little time (about an hour a week at the moment) to work on this is what is making the whole process very slow.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OK this is what's going on with these skins, personally I don't have the progamming skills to get them in game, I can make the models and texture them, but that's it, Warishell has got time problems, so I'm going to make the skins available to anyone who wants to have a try at getting them in game, so if people really want waffen ss skins in game we need some help, just drop me a PM or post here with your email address and I'll forward the skins package on to anyone who can help, so basically they are open source as of now, here is what Warishell has to say, so big thanks for trying, lets hope someone else can manage this. Thanks!

Hey,

I ran across an issue with the skins a few weeks ago, and lately i've ran out of time -> work and school. I'm not sure I will ever be able to complete this. I'm very sorry. I have all the files and info and probably could help direct anyone wishing to continue the work, but I think at this stage another programmer would be needed... :(

Again i'm sorry, I don't like leaving work unfinished but life has its ways I guess... Anyway let me know what you think?

Seb

P.S On a side note, the issue is related to either the skins themselves or the way I set them up as a package. The programming side should work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0