• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[VIDEO] MinionWorkz Vehicle & Map Pack

Is the content and maps coming in the same big file, or will there be seperate ones to cut down on download times?

When we post the file for the public beta I believe it will be in one large *.rar file. I don't see why we couldn't put maps and vehicles in seperate files.

The *.rar file for the vehicles is roughly 45mb's compressed. Not sure how large the map file would be.

Upvote 0
Vehicles are ONE package. AHzVehicles_Two contains all the required files, animations, mesh, textures, sounds, etc. Level designers must extract the files to the proper directories from the compressed .rar file which will be posted. Admins can download a special package of .uz2 files which they will have to extract to the proper directories on the server for redirect and they can download the uncompressed files to extract to the game directories.

Everything is organized exactly as stock items.

Upvote 0
are all vehicles textures etc in seperate packages or are all meshes in 1 package, all sounds in 1 package all textures in 1 package etc?

The simple asnwer is no. We used the RO naming standard, so for say the Stug B, there are two texture files (German destroyed & normal), 1 meshes, 1 animation. It depends on the vehicle.

The last of the defect fixes for the Beta release will be fixed today. Then I'm freezing the vehicle package for Beta. After today, I'll be finishing the release documentation (known issues, etc) and implementation guide.

I'll try to put together a list of each vehicle and what files are needed for each if that is what you are asking?

Upvote 0
The simple asnwer is no. We used the RO naming standard, so for say the Stug B, there are two texture files (German destroyed & normal), 1 meshes, 1 animation. It depends on the vehicle.

The last of the defect fixes for the Beta release will be fixed today. Then I'm freezing the vehicle package for Beta. After today, I'll be finishing the release documentation (known issues, etc) and implementation guide.

I'll try to put together a list of each vehicle and what files are needed for each if that is what you are asking?

Basically what i wonder is howmany different files there are for the servers.
Because this is custom content meaning people that join the server will more often than not have to download it. And downloading like 20 files puts people more off than downloading 1 big file because they can anticipate how long it will take to download.

Upvote 0
There are a number of files, roughly 23+/- files just for vehicles. Some are small, some are large. It's a necessary evil to hang on for downloads. I don't expect this to come as a Steam update but even that would require you to wait. Maps will be five standard play maps plus as many S&D variants as I can get done. I plan to do some stock maps and possibly a couple of my own releases. Right now, I am looking at/working the following for S&D:
- Elnya
- Klin
- Roadblock
- Lyes Krivoy
- Rakowice
- Odessa

and probably consider one or two more.

Upvote 0