• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Vasilli Zaitsef or Major K

Vasilli Zaitsef or Major K

• Vasilli Zaitsev

Votes: 65 69.9%
  • Major K

Votes: 28 30.1%

• Total voters
Basically the director was reading a book on Stalingrad and learned of a sniper who was used for propaganda was is believed to have gotten into a duel with a german sniper. He said to himself "wow this would make a good movie" so he fired up his imagination, filled in all the things that he couldn't find in research, and wrote a script which he would later direct.

Kinda like how Tarantino sewed together a million other movies, stuck his name on it and called it Reservoir Dogs :p

Upvote 0
WickedPenguin said:
Those names actually make me laugh. I mean, we've got hilarious names out there, like bacon_flaps, Spork, Omlette, etc.. The more imaginative (or dorkily funny) the better!

However, there are certainly names that don't jive well with other, for very obvious reasons. "Hitler", "Stalin", "JudenKiller" and "Auschwitz" would be booted immediately since they reference real evil people or atrocities. Even if they're not so obvious (like if some screwball comes in named "Babi_Yar" or "Zyklon-B") they should get booted.

Even your own "EvilAmericanMan" rides a delicate line, since it get the blood boiling for people in different countries and cultures with different viewpoints on the U.S..
Well hell, my viewpoint is that since I'm American I'm mostly reguarded in negative tones in many places so why not have the name! :eek: Plus, The FedEx Pope has lost its charm with me somewhat. But really, I agree names like 'Anne Frank' or 'Facist' or even 'Zhukov' are just plain stupid and can usually cause nothing but trouble.

Upvote 0
Bluehawk said:
Basically the director was reading a book on Stalingrad and learned of a sniper who was used for propaganda was is believed to have gotten into a duel with a german sniper. He said to himself "wow this would make a good movie" so he fired up his imagination, filled in all the things that he couldn't find in research, and wrote a script which he would later direct.

Kinda like how Tarantino sewed together a million other movies, stuck his name on it and called it Reservoir Dogs :p

thats called inspiration :p

Upvote 0
EvilAmericanMan said:
Well hell, my viewpoint is that since I'm American I'm mostly reguarded in negative tones in many places so why not have the name! :eek: Plus, The FedEx Pope has lost its charm with me somewhat. But really, I agree names like 'Anne Frank' or 'Facist' or even 'Zhukov' are just plain stupid and can usually cause nothing but trouble.

I don't find the name "Anne Frank" offensive, as she certainly is not affiliated with NS ideology. I recommend everyone to read her diaries.

Upvote 0
That guy, who made this list, said that it's no way full, he asks for help to make it better. I think that this list only has germans and soviets, because I'm sure there were some good japanese, english and US snipers, but they fought on different fronts.
And btw, who is that Simo? Finn? Never heard of him... Tell me pls more info about him: where did he fight, what is his score etc.

Upvote 0
Bolt said:
That guy, who made this list, said that it's no way full, he asks for help to make it better. I think that this list only has germans and soviets, because I'm sure there were some good japanese, english and US snipers, but they fought on different fronts.
And btw, who is that Simo? Finn? Never heard of him... Tell me pls more info about him: where did he fight, what is his score etc.
No offense, but anyone who names a list "Top WW2 snipers" and leaves out Simo H

Upvote 0