• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Valves new game - a dota port on the source engine

Well had some good games so far today went 26-3 with windrunner and some other games almost as good lol. I'm never sure what items to get though, like what is best for just straight attack damage etc since with ult you get max attack speed anyway?

The one item I love is that shadow sword, I managed to juke their whole team after I stayed too long finishing a barracks :D

Upvote 0
I've been trying to learn WR any tips? I've never gotten anywhere close to 26-3 lol. She's just so freaking squishy and vulnerable. Even when I do get decent K/D ratio I also seem to fall behind on leveling, even if I have more kills than teammates, which is weird cause I'm not farming significantly less... I'm kinda overwhelmed by the items too. I usually get Eye of Skaldi cause of the slowing effect or the force staff which is pretty cool with phase boots, gives you insane mobility. I actually tried skullbasher one game which only gives 10% chance to stun with ranged heroes but with your ult going off on a hero you'll end up stunning them over and over usually because of the insane ROF.

I think I might try bloodseeker next if I can't get the hang of WR, his ult seems pretty sick.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I dont know what good 'dps' weapons are. I like the shadow sword because it helps you survive and set up kills very easy. I've tried the divine rapier it makes the game funny as it can end up on anyone. I guess it's a good "last resort" weapon if your team is behind.

Usually though I just stick to the urn or mek since noone else seems to get them then focus mostly on farming. You dont want to be going back to the fountain too much, so keeping your health up and using the corrier to shop seem more important then some extra damage.

Upvote 0
If you want dmg but not attack speed Deadelus is prolly the best choice. I would also rather have a few healing salves to use when needed than going meka on a dmg dealer.

Also many times you can get back and out again quite efficiently, like porting back and going through the woods out. Or taking a path through the woods to get to base and then porting out =).

Upvote 0
I've been trying to learn WR any tips? I've never gotten anywhere close to 26-3 lol. She's just so freaking squishy and vulnerable. Even when I do get decent K/D ratio I also seem to fall behind on leveling, even if I have more kills than teammates, which is weird cause I'm not farming significantly less... I'm kinda overwhelmed by the items too. I usually get Eye of Skaldi cause of the slowing effect or the force staff which is pretty cool with phase boots, gives you insane mobility. I actually tried skullbasher one game which only gives 10% chance to stun with ranged heroes but with your ult going off on a hero you'll end up stunning them over and over usually because of the insane ROF.

I think I might try bloodseeker next if I can't get the hang of WR, his ult seems pretty sick.

WR is usually better ran as a support/ganker, so the usual force staff/meka. If you for whatever reason have no one else to carry though, definitely avoid Skadi for the sake of it being one of the more expensive items (unless you're farming ridiculously well) and Skullbasher (relying on the ult to make it proc doesn't make up for the still subpar stats). MKB, Daedelus, or Diffusal will work better, and give you overall more utility (or in the case of Daedelus, damage).

Upvote 0
Just had a pretty epic finish playing as Drow. After a bunch of teamfights we were pretty much dead even and had their ancient down by 2/3rds health but they ambushed us as we came to attack it again (about the midway point on the map) and killed one of our people immediately, so I shadow bladed, ran all the way to their base and finished it off while my teammates kept em busy ;).

Upvote 0
All my recent games have such lopsided scores. Either I go ~10-0 or just the opposite. I think part of it is the risk taken with going "ganking" heroes, where with a good start you take off but when you fail to get early kills you become a liability.

With faceless void though I think now I'm 7 wins 1 loss, no matter how crap I do at the start a good ult can just turn a game around so fast.

Upvote 0
This weekend I played a brutal 1 hour 26 minute back and forth game. The last 40 minutes was just constant smack talk too as things got insanely tense. Both ancients were naked but we managed to win in the end.

Its scary as **** in that situation being a supportive character like shadow shaman because all the other teams carrys want to murder you. I had some nice ward traps though towards the end.

Upvote 0
Well been playing with PA lately a lot. She's a lot of fun though she's very fragile at the beginning. It's taught me to be a lot more cautious about ganks tbh which helps across the board.

Just finished a game where I had 3 divine rapiers, a battlefury and an aegis at the end. Was dealing out crits in the 4600-4800 range. One-hit anything.

One annoying thing though is that being signed in while playing seems to lag my game. Dunno what the deal there is, though my computer is pretty old at this point. So ya I'm not dodging you if you're on my friends list :p. But I have to stay offline when I'm playing.

Sorry Knighter I'd give you an invite if I had one but I don't. I've heard of people getting extras from Valve but I haven't.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I luv this game and ive put over 200 hours into but TBH IT has a few major faults for example playing a game when one or more of your team feed from the very start of the game like the game ive just played where someone playing Lina had ten deaths and no kills after 10 mins, we got hammered and he had over 40 hours in the game and all he did was feed and spam chat??

This is what kills it for me if you have 1 or 2 people on your team that don't know what their doing or are just feeding the game is over before it began and you've just wasted 40 mins of gaming for nothing.

Basically what I am saying is the complete randomness of your team that your given sucks and there for kills the pub games imo.

Upvote 0
**Double Post**

Another game within 10 mins of the last and the same again more feeders the game was lost in under 10 mins valve need to sort this out for when this goes live.

I gave up after 15 mins because I knew what was happening again............

5E5B1836225CEF4C1F51BA4F44DEB8151FC403E9

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Going to use Aegis of the Immortal on this thread... :D

Well had some good games so far today went 26-3 with windrunner and some other games almost as good lol. I'm never sure what items to get though, like what is best for just straight attack damage etc since with ult you get max attack speed anyway?

The one item I love is that shadow sword, I managed to juke their whole team after I stayed too long finishing a barracks :D

26-3? Holy.... My best WR result in terms of K/D was a 7/0/9 :eek: game. Whenever I try to semi-carry, I generally end up dying far more frequently than usual--10/6/13 or something like that.

Best attack damage item, imo? Desolator. Easy build-up, +60 Damage, and you get the armor debuff. Orchid of Malevolence is a personal favorite as well--silence, CRAZY mana regen, and +30 damage and attack speed, and +25 INT :eek:. Shackleshot/Powershot spam OP. :p

Just started playing in December, though. I seem to be learning fast--Red Orchestra instincts are great for survival, I swear... it's a fantastic game!

Upvote 0
Going to use Aegis of the Immortal on this thread... :D

26-3? Holy.... My best WR result in terms of K/D was a 7/0/9 :eek: game. Whenever I try to semi-carry, I generally end up dying far more frequently than usual--10/6/13 or something like that.

Remember I had just started playing at that point when I wrote that. I would go carry WR every game with shadow blade + random agi items lol

After that it was on to full quota furion games...

http://dotabuff.com/players/10569505/matches?page=67

Upvote 0